test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighter

vizimir1vizimir1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Just curious about ability point distribution, Con is obviously a primary stat for tank soaking. Am I dumping all my points into this? How concerned should I be about my secondary stats. I know many scenarios exist (PVP,PVE), just curious.
Post edited by vizimir1 on

Comments

• lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't write this, all the credit goes to Envy, and it has helped me out on my GF tremendously.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?166451-Envy-s-DPS-Guardian-Fighter-compendium
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Check the link in my signature. It contains a number of different class builds. I would suggest to read them all to get an idea what people do, and why.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • gadenphoenixgadenphoenix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Find it stupid that speccing DPS allow us to gain more threat then speccing tank.

So to play tank, we need to actually DPS like crazy everything.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Find it stupid that speccing DPS allow us to gain more threat then speccing tank.

So to play tank, we need to actually DPS like crazy everything.

Speccing tank makes you more survivable instead. I think that's the intention (see debuff turtle build).
  • tibberton1tibberton1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    You do generate comparable threat in DPS build with enough gear (which isn't hard to get, honestly, even if you don't spend a dime or any AD in the AH). Threat isn't the main point of going DPS build - it's just a by product. The main difference is that through killing things quicker you actually exercise more control over fights. By all means, check out my debuff turtle guide. Just bear in mind that with the current design of top tier dungeons, there reaches a point where the adds spawned during encounters absolutely overwhelm you if you do not hold your own on the damage meters.
    A Guardian Fighter Blog:

guardianfighter.com
  • securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The turtle build will likely become much more important when raids and different style content comes into play, the problem is right now most of the content is all about Add control so tanking is less important than having dps to burn the adds. I figure we should see a bit more variance once the healing threat is fixed as well since tanking would be a viable way to control the adds then.

The problem is stab is really only good at single target as you cant line up mobs easily, especially casters. This means that the turtle build really only works when your needed to tank a few (about 3) mobs that hit hard and is not as suited to mass add handling. Really all they would need to do is fix mark so that it lasts a set duration and give cleave/stab a slight agro boost and GF's would be loved in groups even fully specced as a tank.
  • highjusticarhighjusticar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Speccing tank makes you more survivable instead. I think that's the intention (see debuff turtle build).

If speccing tank doesn't give you the aggro tools that speccing DPS does, then you are more survivable by default when the mobs go attack other players.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If speccing tank doesn't give you the aggro tools that speccing DPS does, then you are more survivable by default when the mobs go attack other players.
    You use the taunts to hold aggro in debuff turtle, instead of relying on threat.