~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bump. I don't feel like this should go cold so soon :P
  • daaysdaays Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Shallow and Pedantic.

That phrase just keeps running through my mind.

PvP has 1 game mode, 2 maps. Why not 2 game modes, 1 map each?

Questing is on par with WoW-TBC style. Sure, you have voice overs, but every single zone is exactly the same:
    1. Complete first camp.
    2. Complete second camp.
    3. Complete personal instance.
    4. Complete third camp.
    5. Complete last instance.

PvE dungeons have no design to them. All the fights are the same. Adds from the ceiling/walls/ground/air. AoE on the ground.
    Too easy? Add some zeros to their hp and damage.

It's like the development team got stuck on repeat. Created 1 design for questing/pve/pvp/crafting and pressed the copy button.

If that's what their team could produce in their time then that's fine. But it's time to cut personnel, go down to a skeleton crew, and start milking the game for cash for your next project.
    edited May 2013
    daays wrote: »
    Shallow and Pedantic.

That phrase just keeps running through my mind.

PvP has 1 game mode, 2 maps. Why not 2 game modes, 1 map each?

Questing is on par with WoW-TBC style. Sure, you have voice overs, but every single zone is exactly the same:
    1. Complete first camp.
    2. Complete second camp.
    3. Complete personal instance.
    4. Complete third camp.
    5. Complete last instance.

PvE dungeons have no design to them. All the fights are the same. Adds from the ceiling/walls/ground/air. AoE on the ground.
    Too easy? Add some zeros to their hp and damage.

It's like the development team got stuck on repeat. Created 1 design for questing/pve/pvp/crafting and pressed the copy button.

If that's what their team could produce in their time then that's fine. But it's time to cut personnel, go down to a skeleton crew, and start milking the game for cash for your next project.

Thats cause they're riding on the D&D name. But to be fair, some T2 dungeons are incredibly difficult. You need a diverse team that know what the heck they are doing to win. D
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having a lot of fun with Neverwinter, but I'm going to stick with a few complaints, because for me, the amount of happy very much outweighs the unhappy. So .....

I'm kinda getting tired of being told every time someone gets a Heavy Infernal Nightmare. It's especially irritating when the admin is announcing this in a non-English language. Seriously, do we really need this global'd? Please think about changing this.

Respecs for powers should cost Astral Diamonds, just like respecs for Feats do.

I'm flabbergasted at being told my Halfling TR was a "bad choice," because Half Orks make such superior Rogues.

OK, I can't really think of anything else I want to complain about .... it's wierd, because I agree with Daays, regarding the overall "sameness" feeling to the questing zones & dungeons, but ... it doesn't really bother me much. I am hoping to see more varied environments as I progress through the 30-40 range & beyond .....

Not enough Orks to kill. Tower District was fun, but ended too soon, & I've been pounded with undead constantly. I really hope I can get out of this stuff soon & get on with killing Orks :)

O yea, two more things I dislike: too many iconic classes missing, & no Gnomes :(
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    I'm having a lot of fun with Neverwinter, but I'm going to stick with a few complaints, because for me, the amount of happy very much outweighs the unhappy. So .....

I'm kinda getting tired of being told every time someone gets a Heavy Infernal Nightmare. It's especially irritating when the admin is announcing this in a non-English language. Seriously, do we really need this global'd? Please think about changing this.

Respecs for powers should cost Astral Diamonds, just like respecs for Feats do.

I'm flabbergasted at being told my Halfling TR was a "bad choice," because Half Orks make such superior Rogues.

OK, I can't really think of anything else I want to complain about .... it's wierd, because I agree with Daays, regarding the overall "sameness" feeling to the questing zones & dungeons, but ... it doesn't really bother me much. I am hoping to see more varied environments as I progress through the 30-40 range & beyond .....

Not enough Orks to kill. Tower District was fun, but ended too soon, & I've been pounded with undead constantly. I really hope I can get out of this stuff soon & get on with killing Orks :)

O yea, two more things I dislike: too many iconic classes missing, & no Gnomes :(

1) It's a global game get over your racism.
    2) You can use AD to get Zen to get a respec so in a way yes you can get a respec with AD..
    3) Some people are imbeciles, don't let it bother you.
    4) The real game starts at 60 where you can do every previous dungeon but in epic mode.
    5) This game is brand spanking new. They will release more classes and more races as the time comes.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) It's a global game get over your racism.

It's got nothing to do with racism, & everything to do with what I consider non-necessary spam, & then on top of that being spam in a language I can't even read.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
    edited May 2013
    It's got nothing to do with racism, & everything to do with what I consider non-necessary spam, & then on top of that being spam in a language I can't even read.

It's not a big deal.. it really isn't. Just over reacting.
  • haagen76haagen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Put BOE dungeon loot on the ugly.
    Nothing like running a dungeon only for people to need on your "needed upgrade" gear just so they can sell it.
    edited May 2013
    haagen76 wrote: »
    Put BOE dungeon loot on the ugly.
    Nothing like running a dungeon only for people to need on your "needed upgrade" gear just so they can sell it.

it's funny of the countless epic dungeons I have run i've still never seen someone do this.
  • haagen76haagen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's funny of the countless epic dungeons I have run i've still never seen someone do this.

And when it happens you will curse.
    Also is you main class a rogue?
    edited May 2013
    haagen76 wrote: »
    And when it happens you will curse.
    Also is you main class a rogue?

Yep. Rogue.
    edited May 2013
    Besides it's really simple to fix this issue. Make sure you are leader, watch who rolls what when things come up.

If you see someone ever roll a need on an item that isn't theres kick them immediately from the group before you roll. I havent tried this yet but in theory should remove their chance of the item.
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the topic of arguing. I'm tired of getting a 24 hour silence because people don't like my opinion on certain aspects of the game. It's bull**** that a community can just silence someone because they don't like what they're saying. I understand why this mechanic is in the game. To keep chat spam to a minimum since every Instance of the same Zone shares the same chat!! To keep gold spammers from filling chat with useless information, but there's no reason to have this in the game to silence community players for saying what they want. There's an ignore function if you don't like what someone is saying.

And, therein, as I understand it, lies the problem. If you manage to acquire enough ignores, you are automatically silenced/muted for 24 hours.

Lottie
    edited May 2013
    lottiemc wrote: »
    And, therein, as I understand it, lies the problem. If you manage to acquire enough ignores, you are automatically silenced/muted for 24 hours.

Lottie

Incorrect. It's people who collectively as a group report an individual as spam. There they are marked for spam and muted for 24 hours. Same reason why you see the same chat spammers from time to time. It is people who know this who abuse it muting people in zone chat simply because they disagree with what the person said.
  • lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How I feel when it comes to Need/Greed:

h7BC83830
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seems like a pretty fair list. I would personally add the fact training tomes for the companions still not being in game, the current looting system, and only one paragon available per class to "The Bad" list myself.

On the plus side, I haven't encountered many bugs myself. Least so far...course now that I said that I'll probably get wallopped by them.
  • morpheas768morpheas768 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whenever this happens, which is every 10 seconds or so, I tend to curse at the game, and it makes me want to kill the chat.
    Example:

[Admin] XYZperson has acquired a Heavy Infernal Nightmare. --- Me: "Who cares? Screw you, for god sakes!!"
    A few seconds later....
    [Admin] ABCperson erworben hat, eine Heavy Infernal Nightmare. --- Me: "SERIOUSLY GAME?? STOP TROLLING ME, OMFG!!"

Quite a long time and many many Infernal Nightmares later...
    [Admin] SDSFperson has acquired a Heavy Infernal Nightmare. --- Me: "FFS Shut up already. I dont care."

How I feel when it comes to Need/Greed:

h7BC83830
    LOL, that cat at the end cracked me up :D
  • lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cracked me up to so I had to share lol
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU