test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

violentdeaviolentdea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I have been playing with friends and guildmates pretty much exclusively, in groups of 2-4, since beta opened up and I have a bit of feedback on things that make this experience honestly genuinely unpleasant. So here are the issues I've had. I'm sure others have their own and I'm not saying these are the priority things in need of fixing. Just the issues my friends and I have been having.

1) Dungeon Queues. These seemingly take forever even when we have nearly a full group waiting to go. This seems to be because the queue is looking for a guardian fighter to fill the spot. The first couple dungeons at least in my own experience can be done with pretty much any group. I have been told the 60 dungeons need a proper group but that until then a mish mash is fine. Please just let us get in and going faster while doing the leveling dungeons and skirmishes.

2) Dungeon/skirmish level ranges. This feeds into the previous problem. As I said I often group with 2-4 people. I would find a friend or guildmate to fill the last spot but due to the queue ranges I often cannot. I will find that a friend is 30 for example and not able to do Cragmire anymore. This makes getting friends together while leveling to do content very frustrating.

3) You must gather your party before venturing forth. This one is usually just very annoying, but is downright painful when queueing. While waiting in the queue it would be nice if people could continue questing normally. However as many of us are grouped from various levels just to queue up for the dungeon, we are all at different places in questing. The whole gather your party thing means that everyone, needs to be together if anyone has a quest in an instanced map. This means that you cannot have someone in your group doing their own thing while you wait for queue. In other situations it causes issues if someone is DC'd on a Foundry map. They are left outside and get the gather your party message when trying to re-enter. Everyone must then exit and re-enter together.

4) Quest dialogue. Quest dialogue is designed so that if one person in the party completes a talk to X objective it progresses. Which prevents others in the party from reading dialogue unless everyone just happens to read at the same speed. This makes questing in a group just a bit more frustrating for those of us curious about lore.

Suggestions:

1) Relax the queuing to allow less optimal groups be formed. Or let us pick that as an option when queuing so that we can get in fast.

2) Keeping the level range on the queue makes sense. But perhaps allow either full groups with people over or under the range to queue, or even enter the instance at its physical location.

3) Remove the whole gather your party thing please. Or at least have it disable if you're not all in the same zone. It's a cute Baldur's Gate reference and I giggled the firs time I saw it but it really just makes the game more annoying for groups

4) Please find a way to make talk to x objectives either trigger separately or for dialogue to remain available after said objectives have been triggered.

For those who have read this far thank you for taking the time. :)