test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on Sentinel GWF...

kineticv3kineticv3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So after spending an entire dungeon delves event of getting into dungeons in a team consisting of me(gwf) 2 rogues, 2 wizards, or any other combination of those 2 classes I decided to try out the Sentinel spec. After running a few dungeons being the 'tank' I am extremely disappointed with my choice to do so. I just don't understand how this is even a paragon tree considering how worthless it felt as a "tank", despite having some good stats like over 25% damage reduction from defense and a deflect chance of 50.4%

The problem was getting the enemies to hit me. No matter what I did nothing seemed to ever attack me once anyone else attacked them. Even with my shout marking them and my 'get over here'(which I have both feated to give +25% additional threat) they would just not care. I was even using the +5% crit and +25% threat on crit for my Sure Strike taking it to over 41% crit chance and critting like crazy bosses/elite mobs were just not giving a **** about me. Same thing with the +25% threat while Slam is active- nothing.

I know everyone says that threats messed up but I think maybe making marks have a set duration would be a big help. This way you can continue building hate not just get a little bit of extra hate until they attack you then they're back onto someone else after losing the mark.

This is just how I feel about the GWF's 'tank' tree and would like to know others' experiences with it.
Post edited by kineticv3 on

Comments

• realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Sentinel GFW seems like a joke to me. If you use tank gear you have less threat and more survival.

I have Daring Shout on my dps build because i had extra points, it doesnt help so i dont think an extra 25% would help.
    Focused Destroyer probably holds better threat than Grudge Style because you go up to +12% damage.
    Powerful Challenge looks good on paper but the targets are only marked for 7-10 seconds and they lose it when they attack you, so if you dont have aggro to begin with its to pull it from someone by doing 15% more damage? Then their unmarked when you get aggro?
    Come and Get It is a troll ability. The only good thing is the bonus damage, but it slow pulls the enemies 1 foot towards you.
  • h3rflikh3rflik Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    Like OP wrote, threat table is messed up, thats first problem. Second is the mark duration wanishing after getting hit, they should remove that from marks and make them last set amount of time. And most important, GWF need hude fixes in every field.
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is no way of making a GWF Sentinel tank work. However, Sentinel is an excellent paragon tree for offtanking, I'm playing it as such, all stacked in dps, and it works wonders. Daring shout with feats *can* actually peel agro off cleric if you have dps to pair it with.