test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions about companions

ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Couple questions:

1. What level are companions in regards to items? I ask because I gave a level 20 item to a companion that was only about level 8 and I also gave my level 2 dog a level 8 neck item. So how do I know what level of items I can give to my companions.

2. Do the stats of an item apply to the companion or to me? I have read in the forums both. Or are some companions stats from items transferred to me while other companions are not?

3. Same question for runestones, apply to me or companion? I see two different types of runestones, one specifically talks about companions and it seems to indicate the bonuses apply to the companions. What about the other ones...if I slot them on a companion do they apply to me or the companion.
Post edited by ashkedawn on

Comments

• Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Companions do not care about level requirements.

Stats on a companion applies to the companion (Ioun Stones and the Astral Diamond Cat then grant you that).

Runestones apply to the companion (inventory icons are hexagons). Enchantments apply to the gear you slot them into (inventory icons are circles), if you wear that gear then it will apply to you, if your companion wears it it will apply to the companion.
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excellent...thanks so much for clearing it all up for me.

Back to the level thing...so if I could afford it now, while I am level 9ish...I could toss a level 60 item onto my cleric companion?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes.

/10char
  • Options
    klandearlasklandearlas Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok...sorry about thread jack but cant post elsewhere :) umm...anyway around this issue? got my free companion. came to the name the companion screen and accidently hit cancel..now lost the scroll thingy and hence my companion? any know fix for this?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
  • Options
    luvvyyyluvvyyy Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What level does my Trickster get a companion and if a quest when do I get Quest? My Trickster is level 15 still no companion.
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    luvvyyy wrote: »
    What level does my Trickster get a companion and if a quest when do I get Quest? My Trickster is level 15 still no companion.

You can buy a companion at any time for, I think, 2 gold. You get the quest for a free one at level 16, from Sgt. Knox in Protector's Enclave.
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok...sorry about thread jack but cant post elsewhere :) umm...anyway around this issue? got my free companion. came to the name the companion screen and accidently hit cancel..now lost the scroll thingy and hence my companion? any know fix for this?

Your companion scroll should still be in your inventory. Canceling a rename shouldn't delete it. Check your bags and if it's really missing, petition and be ignored for ever. Sorry, but the Customer Service in NWO is really, really bad.
  • Options
    jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

People always say they can't post elsewhere or make a new post. It's simple really. While logged in, scroll to the bottom of page one in the "general" section and click the freakin "post new thread" button.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jpnole wrote: »
    People always say they can't post elsewhere or make a new post. It's simple really. While logged in, scroll to the bottom of page one in the "general" section and click the freakin "post new thread" button.
    New users can not start threads until certain (unknown) criteria are met.