test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

when we will see new content?

pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
yeh, i would like see some patch notes that say we will have more stuff to do, me and my guild mates already reached high gear score that allow us to farm all dungeons, and what now? the game was fun for 12 days :/
just wont say its bugged as hell, boss fights at every dungeon looks the same, pull boss from the room / kill the adds :|
Post edited by pr0mote on

Comments

• Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully not for a long time, they should fix the issues with the game before adding new content.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    mklein2836mklein2836 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    maybe you shouldn't have rushed? it just came out, and actually isn't really "out" yet until OB is done. Additional content is a long ways off I'm thinking.

Although..it would be nice of Gaunt was put in. Considering I have dailies that point me to it
  • Options
    identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think at the time when full version coming out.
  • Options
    canstromcanstrom Member, Silverstars Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just release the Warlock class and I'll be content for the next 6-9 months >.>
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Most likely Gaunt will be next. But srsly, this game is going to run it's course in about 2 months for me if that.

Mklein, shouldn't have rushed??? REALLY? I've been playing "casually" for less than two weeks and I'm almost 40. Just from solo'ing quests and dailies, if I'm rushing.. then someone srsly needs to look at the progression in this game.

I'll be 60 by weeks end, just for f'ing around. Today is a great example. If I'd been playing the last 90 minutes I probably would have gained at least one level.

Not sure what's up with these new MMO's making eveything so push button easy. Sorry, my first MMO was EQ and it took 10 hours just to get to lvl 3. But then again you got to actually work your way though content.
  • Options
    nirniasnirnias Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Id love some variation on graphics for armor and weapon types, but this game is in beta still, please for the love of jebus focus on all the issues before adding new content lol.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Im with the OP on this one. Once you finish the Bloodlines quest...that's it for content other than repeating dungeons. Also the HotN people had a 5 day head start so now im lvl 60 with nothing to do but repeat epic dungeons to try and get a better GR, and even thats hard to do with all the ninja's about.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry is there for a reason folks, feel free to explore User Generated Content or create your own till the next content patches.
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Im not to sure about the foundry yet...At least every other foundry map is bugged to the point where you somehow get stuck. Example.. I had to grab a vase, but there was a imaginary enemy somewhere about so i couldn't kill a guy i cant see, so i was stuck in a room blocked with a gate.
    Yes, there is some great foundry missions that do work perfect but ive done most of those already.
    As far as creating, well ive tried, even had a real good one that took 3 weeks (Beta) to make ,just to have it mess up for no reason. Besides that, I gave em 200$ so i wouldnt have to create user content. you know the $200 packs that went to developers.
    So....they need to develope!
    Dont kow....maybe im just a d*ck. and dont feel like I got the $200 worth.

Yep..Gauntlgrym will probaly be next. I just wish they wouldn't put up daily missions you cant even do yet, like the guanlgrym pvp and pve.
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im not to sure about the foundry yet...At least every other foundry map is bugged to the point where you somehow get stuck. Example.. I had to grab a vase, but there was a imaginary enemy somewhere about so i couldn't kill a guy i cant see, so i was stuck in a room blocked with a gate.
    Yes, there is some great foundry missions that do work perfect but ive done most of those already.
    As far as creating, well ive tried, even had a real good one that took 3 weeks (Beta) to make ,just to have it mess up for no reason. Besides that, I gave em 200$ so i wouldnt have to create user content. you know the $200 packs that went to developers.
    So....they need to develope!
    Dont kow....maybe im just a d*ck. and dont feel like I got the $200 worth.

Okay really? It's been a two week release give them some time.. Jesus.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sweet.. you notice the url
    Module 1

This means that they are going to release new content as modules much like RPG D&D. I imagine the modules will not be F2P but you will have to pay a small fee to play it through. Though what they are currently calling small prices this scares me.

I can see it now Zen store pet = $35, module 1 $50, 36 slot purple bag $45
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your okay with being able to be out of content in 2 weeks??? Sorry man. Not me.
    Not for a game that has been in the works for multiple years.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your okay with being able to be out of content in 2 weeks??? Sorry man. Not me.
    Not for a game that has been in the works for multiple years.

You do know that you can click and join a foundry quest.
    Foundry means - never ending adventures. You cannot possibly run out of content. Even if some way you are able to you could always create your own.

I means seriously you say you beat all the content yet you do not know about Foundry?
  • Options
    wakerglasswakerglass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    stadulator wrote: »
    Most likely Gaunt will be next. But srsly, this game is going to run it's course in about 2 months for me if that.

Mklein, shouldn't have rushed??? REALLY? I've been playing "casually" for less than two weeks and I'm almost 40. Just from solo'ing quests and dailies, if I'm rushing.. then someone srsly needs to look at the progression in this game.

I'll be 60 by weeks end, just for f'ing around. Today is a great example. If I'd been playing the last 90 minutes I probably would have gained at least one level.

Not sure what's up with these new MMO's making eveything so push button easy. Sorry, my first MMO was EQ and it took 10 hours just to get to lvl 3. But then again you got to actually work your way though content.

amen, friend. this game is fun and all, but nothing has felt as rewarding as eq. games nowadays are for people with ADD.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes,I know about the foundry. I knew about it probably before you did. I was in the Alpha and beta. I have done a crazy amount of foundry quest and only a few stack up to the original in game content. Read one of my above post that mentions my foundry experience.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foundry in no way rewards players with anything but wasting some time when there's little left to do in the game.

NWO needs way more zone events/dynamic quests to keep us busy but alas thats an impossibility thanks to the lazyass design of 'instanced' levels and lack of any imagination in zones.

Little imagination was put into boss fights. All it comes down to is pul boss, adds spawn, healers runs around like a nut trying to evade said adds, adds are killed, wail on boss a little, more adds spawn etc etc etc It's not difficult it's just disappointing and LAME.

Bring out some ****ing raid content ffs or more areas to explore. Less corridor like areas and more open sprawling zones...GEEZ.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    Module 1

This means that they are going to release new content as modules much like RPG D&D. I imagine the modules will not be F2P but you will have to pay a small fee to play it through. Though what they are currently calling small prices this scares me.

I can see it now Zen store pet = $35, module 1 $50, 36 slot purple bag $45

Jack and Andy have both said many times they will never ever charge for content, and if you take the fact the all of the content in this game is completely free, the Zen shop prices don't seem that horrible...at least to me some folks are going to complain regardless.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wakerglass wrote: »
    amen, friend. this game is fun and all, but nothing has felt as rewarding as eq. games nowadays are for people with ADD.

So I guess that means that games like EQ were more for people with OCD. There is no winning this debate, people either need to accept the game for what it is or move on. Seems quite simple to me.
  • Options
    zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wakerglass wrote: »

Exactly WTH is so freaking rewarding about beating your head against a wall for days to gain a couple levels? Not a **** thing that's what.

If today's games are for people with A.D.D, then EQ was for people that were masochists or not bright enough to realize the grind was out of hand and a really dumb exercise.

I have a life and responsibilities outside of this game. It'll take me a very long time to reach 60 on all my characters, but I'm okay with that because it's not a lame grind.

In stadulator's post you quoted, you'll notice the word "work", I'm sorry but my "work" is what buys my cars, trucks, boats, houses and vacations. I log into the "game" to have "fun" not "work".
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    Module 1

Or "module" is just the same as "season" in Star Trek Online - a set of new content. /shrug

(And the new content in STO isn't charged for either. Like the major new expansion coming in a month, the Romulans. It's free. Sure, there are going to be related items - premium ships/etc, just like the other factions - in the shop, and they sold "founder" packs for it. But the expansion itself is just going to be there, for everyone.)
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Hopefully not for a long time, they should fix the issues with the game before adding new content.

Fix what they've got first. Maybe next time you'll think twice about rushing through the content just so you can ask for MORE content after 10 days.
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 months to a year. depending on how big the team is, how much money they have made so far, and how big the update is.
  • Options
    hardway01hardway01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stadulator wrote: »

Nobody wants EQ style MMO's anymore. People talk about them like they were the "end all be all" but in this day and age a vast majority of players would just find that sort of content slow and boring. I'm in my mid 30's and grew up playing those same MMO's. I loved them for what they were but people won't enjoy them now like they did back then, myself included. Its hours and hours... and days... and weeks... of what basically comes down to group grinding.

That sort of game play was great when video games were marketed towards a smaller more dedicated crowd. These days its about the casual market and as a guy with a family and a 50 hour a week job, I'm ok with that. Those of us who were lucky enough to have been in the thick of it back then should just enjoy the memories. The days of long term mmo's where you could work to produce something worth being proud of are over. Its all flash in the pan and money grabs from here on out until someone comes up with a new model and changes they way people look at and play MMO's.

Good luck on that last part happening before most veteran gamers are still young enough to enjoy it. I have two "no life" buddies that are both level 60 and done with a vast majority of the content. They are both mostly bored already and have begin to split their play time into other games. I myself have yet to break 40 and figure by the time I hit 60 the people I enjoy playing the game with will have already moved on to another game. Its the nature of games now. I've learned to just enjoy a game for a month or so and then move on to the next one. The days of any one game being something you care about and dedicate real time and effort to is over, it is for me at least.

Plus its summer and I can't sit inside when its 75 and sunny out. I think I'm just rambling now...
  • Options
    forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    New content will be added once everyone is done spending their money on current content.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time game has been open less than 2 weeks. Time someone posts wanting more content. less than 2 weeks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pr0mote wrote: »
    yeh, i would like see some patch notes that say we will have more stuff to do, me and my guild mates already reached high gear score that allow us to farm all dungeons, and what now? the game was fun for 12 days :/
    just wont say its bugged as hell, boss fights at every dungeon looks the same, pull boss from the room / kill the adds :|

#1) Get a job.

#2) Use the Foundry - Make your own content.
  • Options
    pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    #1) Get a job.

#2) Use the Foundry - Make your own content.

1 - im running my own company, so dont need to "get a job"
    2 - foundry sucks
  • Options
    iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    In foundry you find a lot of content.. Make it your challenge to review as much foundry quest as possible... You can challenge with guild mates about who will have most of quest in some time period.. it would help Foundry authors too :)
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94