test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion to add a clock/timer to the launcher

aminkaaminka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title of the thread say, this is a suggestion to add a clock or timer to the launcher, and maybe also the website and/or ingame aswell.

There is players from all over the world playing this game, and we all live in diffrent timezones. It is lovely that you guys add a "server is down, will be up at something something UTC, or something similar" But for me, who live in Europe and mainly use GMT it is a hassle to search out a website to tell me what that time is in my own timezone, and I would think other people also have this problem, and sometimes I even calculate wrong and end up trying to logg in 1 hour or more before/after the time when the servers are back up again.

It would be alot easier for us to figure out the time the servers are back, if you add a clock which is the clock you guys use so we have a refrence, like "the servers will be back up at 15:00 UTC, and here is the clock which show the time is 10:00 UTC" or something, or maybe it is possible to add a timer "server back up at 15:00 UTC, which is in 3h:15min - 3h:14min - 3h:13min,,,you get the idea :P "

this can also be used ingame, so people know when a scheduled server downtime will be happening without having to logg/tab out of the game to check the timezone converter.

This is my suggestion, and it might be a problem only I am dealing with, but I still add it here on the forum so you guys can decide if it is needed or not :)

thanks for reading, have fun playing ^^ I know I have a ton of fun.
Post edited by aminka on

Comments

• khasfacekhasface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't the in game clock under your minimap show the server time?
  • aminkaaminka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no, it only show my own time, and I know I dont live in the same timezone as the game
  • khasfacekhasface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heh, learn something new every day.
  • bisnespiratebisnespirate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know UTC is used regularly as a replacement for GMT(use wikipedia for the difference)? I think tough they should've used GMT instead.
  • mentalise1mentalise1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A clock? Brilliant idea! That'll be 4000 zen thanks.