test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Penalty

ragnarsoulreaperragnarsoulreaper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey Guys,

I know I haven't been the only on experiencing the people who quit a pvp match at the drop of a dime because the game tilts in the other team's favor for a moment. It wouldn't be so bad if we could get a replacement but the current system in place doesn't replace the quitters. I think some sort of penalty should be in place for people who quit a pvp match early. Say a debuff that lasts for 3 rounds (that stays on that toon until they play the full three rounds) and during which they will not receive any glory. Or if they quit during the pvp event they will not be eligible for bonuses for the rest of the event. I understand sometimes the server stability causes some disconnects and for that I can't figure out a work around. I'm so tired of people quitting and to be honest those people shouldn't be doing pvp if they can't handle the occasional loss.

Respectfully,
-Ragnar
Post edited by ragnarsoulreaper on

Comments

• braindwellerbraindweller Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There should be same penalty as in WoW or other game with advanced pvp - if you drop the match, you cant enter next match for a while. And with this comes end of noskills farming daily quests for a reward.

That leads to another conclusion - losing in match shouldn't be rewarded.
  • ronkdebracheronkdebrache Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also would be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if somebody quits a match, their team would get a buff, or a replacement for the quitter.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Let me fast forward and explain to you the outcomes of the various proposed changes people have been clamoring for:

1. They add a debuff timer for leaving. First they will do it wrong and a disconnect that leaves you outside will grant you the debuff. Not only that, but queuing and not entering the place due to a bug will likely also grant you the debuff. It happens in every game that implements these measures. Since groups are just parties, leader will also kick just for giggles and grant people the debuff. If a vote kick comes into play, people will vote kick to remove people prior to match end again for giggles and grant people the debuff.

2. People will still AFK in the starting area. If they fix getting no glory in the starting area, well better than going out and getting the debuff so they will sit there in the starting area for the whole match instead. Now they won't leave, instead you'll have to suffer watching a useless person taking up your slot.

3. So now lets say they make it so being kicked for staying in the starting area puts a debuff on you that makes you unable to queue for PvP for 30 minutes. Okay so now people are going to go out and get pug stomped by a 5 man premade team where you're basically camped back at your spawn unable to do anything. Your choices are to continuously run down and get mowed down in a second to the premade team or sit in the starting area and take a debuff. Now people stop queuing for PvP because that's no fun for anyone but the premade pug stompers.

While fixes and changes certainly need to occur, they need to be the right fixes and changes. Going full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and fixing the symptoms of the real issues (PvP gear can be sold so people are AFKing in matches to farm Diamonds and PUGs going up against Premades they have ZERO chance of winning so they leave) isn't going to solve anything and will just leave the issues to create new symptoms that will also need to be solved.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • ragnarsoulreaperragnarsoulreaper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think losing should net a small amount of glory just for the effort of those who actually played. Unfortunately there are bugs that would make a debuff a pain in the butt to some, but hopefully they can be worked out around the same time they implement some sort of penalty.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    There really needs to be some tweaking done to PvP.

HARSH AFK penalty after 60 seconds
    HARSH leaver penalty

bonus rewards for teams with AFK/leaver members

mount scaling

gear tier brackets at lvl 60