test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Instances at 60

grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I dont know if it is just me our maybe not but... with the way the matchmaking system is right now, or even when it is fixed, the instance are just out right dumb. You just sit and attack adds for 75% of the boss fights, with no healer, chugging pots, and figuring out how to find a loophole in the boss fight. The bosses have some interesting things going on that you cant even begin to pay attention to because your running your *** off trying to ****ing kill the adds instead of the **** boss. Can we please get a lower amount of adds with higher boss health. If your trying to get us to pay attention to boss abilities than we cant just sit around running out of red circles without even knowing what the hell the red circle is. For example: The last boss of the level 60 instance(the big brain) has some very interesting things going on, but you have to skip all that run to the back of the room which is the only "safe" spot and tank adds while you hit the boss once or twice. Without the adds, or a lower amount of them, you could kill the tentacles clearing a safe path for you and go at the boss that way. Again, maybe I am the only one that sees this but if you have any input or any tips for me than lets see those posts.
Post edited by grtaylor on

Comments

• pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol as a CW, I normally dont see the boss at all. Im looking at the ground for no no spots and chasing the cleric around and keeping adds out of their face. Kinda sad that the only thing I can really remember about Chillfax (my first big dragon boss in the game) was that he was green....and I think he had wings and horns(?).
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There definitely needs to be a reduction in ads. DDO may not have been the best game ever, but its boss encounters were awesome.

The red dragon at the end of Vault of Night, the Warforged Titan, the Black Abbot, Arraetrikos, Lailat, the Stormreaver (that's just the ones I remember) were all brilliant boss fights, with minimal use of ads (although there were some spawns and environmental hazards to avoid) because the bosses themselves had creative mechanics.