test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So many Guilds recruiting. How does one choose best suited?

presilkpresilk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
(Warning:Long Ramble)

What a great game this is. Want to stick with it. Played in all the betas and now alas, Open beta is here.. it is fun... it is good.

Being a Guardian Founder, with a wolf by my side, I jumped eagerly into the game and before I knew it was discovering endgame content with not many around to explore it all with.
While my CW sat at 60, I dabbled in some alts but the whole time doing so, just felt a longing to develop my CW more. As quick as I leveled, quickly it seemed I fell behind without having that static group to run with.

I've been in 2 guilds so far and both were fine but unfortunately, didn't seem too interested in the endgame content, well... wasn't ready for it as I found myself over ready.*
The second guild I really did like but after a week of watching/waiting others in the guild to level up, those that were level 40 up, were all TR, with no sign of other characters being any time ready to explore endgame content with. So unfortunately I felt isolated and left and remaining guildless at this time as I really don't like joining guilds and leaving them. I much prefer long term guilds, eager to progress now thou with elite dungeons and such...

Was apart of a Korean guild called Arirang for about 7 years but unfortunately, they're all playing Korean mmo's now which, I can not follow due to not speaking Korean.*
I'm quite new to searching for guilds in a game that I actually want to play. Lots and lots of mmo's over many years, joining lots of different guilds but not really feeling the bonding I once had/felt or long for once again.
The closest I got to finding it was in a guild in Tera. But the progression tiers of gear got so tedious I left the game, not feeling what I once did for the game. Was sad to leave the guild more so the game.

After now a few weeks playing the game being ready for quite some time to run T2 dungeons, the groups I've tried my luck with, seem cold and eager to throw insults around at anyone that's not an instant expert already. More interested in the statistics at the end on how well they performed rather than how well the group did as a whole. Lots of angry people already in the game and if there's one mistake from anyone... yeouch, they're not shy to let loose.

*One group for instance, was myself, 3 rogues and a GWF. Stated at the start that there was enough dps so I said I'll change my build around to be straight Debuff and CC and it worked extremely well... or so I thought. About half way through, I found myself kicked from the group with a message in party chat, your dps sux...*
This is the kicker that has me writing this... had enough of trying my luck with instagroups. (hopefully not too much of a novel....) seeking a guild that's interested in guild/static runs that are interested in working as a team, to have fun and progress in the many surprises that this game has install for us...(with hopefully some more boss mechanics to come rather than spamalotofaddseachtime boss fights.) (Tis fun, up to a point.... but afraid it's what will drive a lot of people away from the game quite soon if they don't show more imagination here but... this is just my angle on it.)
*The group that kicked me 10 minutes later, I got a tell from one who was in the group and said how sorry they were to kick me as it wasn't his doing. They constantly were getting wiped thereafter and dispanded. Without the chilling cc that was allowing them to breeze:p threw the mobs, they didn't cope. I was quite aware of why we were doing well..

So far seeking a guild in the forums, one can't get enough of the right information. There's a lot of sales pitches, but a lack of mentioning of what types of characters they already have, what level they all mainly are, or what characters they're looking for.
*Guilds that spand over many games are great that they show all get along quite well and work together well, but gives me the feeling that they'll soon be moving on to the next game that comes around and I'll probably be looking for another guild some time again soon.

*Been searching for a guild that's focusing on endgame as leveling was/is lots of fun, but if one follows the quest path, is over very quickly.*
Without any endgame AA's to focus on, it leaves me with crafting/farming zones, developing skill as a player and working on gear progression. The items That I'm seeking are T2 dungeon drops. With already spending more real money on the game that I meant to/should have and not wanting to buy items from the auctions anyways(wish to earn the gear), I need to find my fellow guildmates to progress further.
Tis a shame really to watch that exp fade into the aether... Had a great idea for this but was impossible to get in contact with anyone in Cryptic to lend an ear/eye so... gave up.

Anyways... I'm rambling and doubt many have gotten this far into my post but, it's surely not aimed at all to read. I guess I'm just hoping someone in a guild feels they have what I'm seeking for and can let me know.
/end
/phew
Post edited by presilk on

Comments

• presilkpresilk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seems my concerns are over.

Have joined Grievance who right away showed me that they're extremely active, communicate constantly and are always gathering groups to do Dungeon runs and pvp fun.
    The officers are level headed and quite eager to help anyone out. All the members I've read in chat and heard in TS so far seem also all on the same page.

If anyone read my ramble and have been having similar issues, I feel quite at home already with this new Guild. Already feeling very welcomed and apart of a great community of people.

My concerns with a guild that spans over many games such as this one, I realised very quickly due to the shear number of active lvl 60's in the guild already with a huge number of members, this guild will be in this game for a long time.

Anyways, not going to add another ramble to an already long ramble, just finishing up this post and would recommend checking Grievance out if you find yourself relating to the hole I thought/found myself in.
    /end
  • sotsotzaiisotsotzaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Go through every guild recruitment thread, and choose the very one that suits your ideals and requirements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'd rather not be alone, because I value friendships more than anything else.
    Proud to be a part of
    Graviora Manent