test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wicked Reminder

haagen76haagen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I've been trying to test this skill out to see if it's really worth it as the tooltip doesn't give any real details. After playing for a wile I'm not really see any value added over take another DPS encounter other that the short semi burst aoe for trash.

What are others' thoughts on this?
Post edited by haagen76 on

Comments

• Options
    noosey85noosey85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the build for, PvE or PvP?
  • Options
    solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I tested it with my bleed on dummies. When I was testing my bleed was ticking for 7k crits without wicked reminder. With a 5 stack my bleeds started critting for 9600. Though some of that was due to the 30% from my plague fire....but plague fire was making them 7600. So unless I was missing something major Wicked Reminder cuts off quite a bit of their defense. Not really viable for PVP at all though. They're usually dead before you'd get more than 1-2 stacks.
  • Options
    atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    it decrease damage resistance of the target
    useful skill for skilled players in pve boss fights..
    Best dps rotation has Wicked reminder every 5 sec..
    if boss has 5x stacks of WR whole fight means that Rogue knows what hes doin..
    Casuals would have hard time to keep the stacks up
  • Options
    flurpanflurpan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atlantix1 wrote: »
    it decrease damage resistance of the target
    useful skill for skilled players in pve boss fights..
    Best dps rotation has Wicked reminder every 5 sec..
    if boss has 5x stacks of WR whole fight means that Rogue knows what hes doin..
    Casuals would have hard time to keep the stacks up

loled, yep a simpel rotaion with like 5 skills is so hard to perform xD, a 5 year old could play this game and be "good"
  • Options
    atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    flurpan wrote: »
    loled, yep a simpel rotaion with like 5 skills is so hard to perform xD, a 5 year old could play this game and be "good"

its so obvious to figure out n88bs and casuals on forums..

u have to auto cast smt every 4.8 sec where your main damage ability duration cast animation duration longer than 4 sec...
    not to mention there will be ground aoe and other damage where you have to use DODGE(your shift button my dear) that will cause also time lost.. thats why in the groups i played only skilled rogues were able to keep 5 stacks on boss whole time..

make a vid, keep 5 stacks on WR whole boss fight on Hrimnir and lets see how "SKILLED" you are..

its easy to troll forums mate.. anybody can do that.. but you can't keep the 5stack on certain bosses cause you are chronic n88b
  • Options
    bondbpbbondbpb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, stop acting like this game is hard. Level to 60 in a few days, do epic runs with pugs. Easiest mmo ever. That works for PW, casual games and zen. That's the game and I'm okay with that, plenty of other games that can challenge you (lol mmos challanging).

5 stacks is easy to apply and keep on bosses. Dodge the red circles on the ground with shift key, or double tapping direction? Pro tip! Except the game tells you how to do that in tutorial and very other loading screen. So hard to dodge red circles and rectangles. If your so skilled, apply that skill to something that matters or where people care; like life.
    23.jpg
  • Options
    haagen76haagen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solsol1337 wrote: »
    I tested it with my bleed on dummies. When I was testing my bleed was ticking for 7k crits without wicked reminder. With a 5 stack my bleeds started critting for 9600. Though some of that was due to the 30% from my plague fire....but plague fire was making them 7600. So unless I was missing something major Wicked Reminder cuts off quite a bit of their defense. Not really viable for PVP at all though. They're usually dead before you'd get more than 1-2 stacks.

Ok thanks for info.
    I specifically didn't test with duelist, because I didn't want the bleed ticks to throw me off.
    I tested on dummy with lurker's assault and sly flourish.
    I try it again.
  • Options
    solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The bleed is just a good test because it always ticks for the same damage once you stack it. You can watch wicked reminder and plague fire fall off and watch the change in the bleed tick.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flurpan wrote: »

Have you done any of the T2 content? Trying to keep up the debuff on the boss with the constant AoEs while also not clipping your flurries and significantly hurting your own DPS is significantly easier said than done.

If your whole goal is just keeping up the debuff, then I guess that would be easy... But what's the point if your DPS is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the process.
  • Options
    andelolandelol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bondbpb wrote: »
    Wow, stop acting like this game is hard. Level to 60 in a few days, do epic runs with pugs. Easiest mmo ever.

You Sir, have no idea.
  • Options
    mjperkinsmjperkins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wicked Reminder is an end game PvE encounter that belongs in your rotation. Your net damage from a stealthed WR application will make up for the increased percentage of a Lashing crit (= 100% minus Current %). The WR animation and encounter timer are seamless with Flurry. Those who disagree are still farming the Pirate King and other encounters that only have high HP bosses without other mechanics. Replace WR with the AoE if you want to top the damage chart in a pug. Run WR when you graduate ;)
    Recruitment Officer for
    End Game PvE Guild
    Recruitment Status: Open; Limited
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mjperkins wrote: »
    Wicked Reminder is an end game PvE encounter that belongs in your rotation. Your net damage from a stealthed WR application will make up for the increased percentage of a Lashing crit (= 100% minus Current %). The WR animation and encounter timer are seamless with Flurry. Those who disagree are still farming the Pirate King and other encounters that only have high HP bosses without other mechanics. Replace WR with the AoE if you want to top the damage chart in a pug. Run WR when you graduate ;)

Done spellplague today. WR shines on the last boss. It's a must, and notably increases your damage