test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adult Named NPC

zenaatoszenaatos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Found this guy in town today, don't think its name is appropriate for a game that minors can play...

*Removed Screenshot*

He has a green title and can't inspected, so assume he is an NPC?
Post edited by zenaatos on

Comments

• knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no way they would put in an NPC with that name.

Something else has to be going on.
  • lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Either that or he's a companion I would think. I know what you mean though, I've seen quite a few inappropriate names in game since open beta started.
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • zenaatoszenaatos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He's standing on his own so don't think he is a companion, unless he is glitched and not following his master? Dragon Server, Instance 22

Also other companions don't have names.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its obviously someones companion. But without the players @handle it is impossible to report him. And reporting him is really the only way to properly do this.

Reposting the offensive name only compounds the problem. You are, in effect being, as offensive as him by posting this in this way.
  • lordtureilimlordtureilim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Thats a Companion. Sometimes they seem to hang around when their owner logs out or switches places.
    "The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time. "
    What better happen when Paladins are introduced someday...A glorious union it shall be.
  • zenaatoszenaatos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, thought it was strange that he had the same colour name as a NPC (like neverwinter commoner). I tried to find its owner but it looks like its a glitch that they are not removed when the owner leaves as Lordtureilim says.

Definately think there is a need for us to be able to report an owner of a follower by interacting with the follower, will log a bug for it!
  • fridgefighterfridgefighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats a Companion. Sometimes they seem to hang around when their owner logs out or switches places.

Yeah seen this as well, very often at city gates, like 4-5 companions standing in front of the exit and most of the time one with an inappropriate name along with em lol.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I didn't get to see what the name was, but if parents are allowing their kids to be subjected to the exploitive model of this game, there are bigger issues there. Not exactly an appropriate game for minors to be playing.
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    There seems to be a constant crowd of masterless companions at the altar in Protector's Enclave on the Mindflayer server. I log in every morning on an alt to do my daily prayer for the coins, and it looks like the whole instance is standing in that blue circle, but 90% of the characters there are companions.
  • bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Its obviously someones companion. But without the players @handle it is impossible to report him. And reporting him is really the only way to properly do this.

Reposting the offensive name only compounds the problem. You are, in effect being, as offensive as him by posting this in this way.
    says the self proclaimed ninja, awesomesauce.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf