test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvE strategies

yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm familiar with d&d rules and I loved the Neverwinter series, but I never really did all that much MMO before. I like the aspect of teamwork with it, but I must admit, I'm a bit confused as to what every class' roles are here.

Bottomline as I understood it was something like: Tank picks fight, Cleric heals Tank, Mage controls Crowd, the rest protects Mage and gangbangs everything else.

But I'm more used to crowds with less members than a soccer team, I'm just not sure who is supposed to do what.

Reading the class descriptions suggests something like: GF aggros everything in sight, TR goes head-to-back with the boss, CW nukes the mobs and gives time-outs to bosses, GWF whirls around killing stuff that's hitting teammates and the DC keeps the tank alive and then everybody else.

Is that about right?

How do you folks do dungeon raids?

Comments

• Options
    redpeanut5redpeanut5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently the meta for dungeons is have two Cleric's use Astral shield and then anyone/everyone because a tank (So no Guardian needed) and then have a combination of Rogues/Wizards to do all the damage.

Sadly Guardian's can't really agrro everything and keep that aggro so two Clerics is the standard in end game.

All in all there are some balance issues that need to be fixed.