test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how to increase my "budget" ?

delavega86delavega86 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
i searched through the site for packs or upgrades i could buy for the foundry, but there was nothing.

so im asking you guys.

how can i increase my budget and get more architectural themes?

thanks!
Post edited by delavega86 on

Comments

• drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can not. The only way is to make another map. 1500 details is the max you will get in one map. Etc for all the other limits.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • medullanmedullan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I really hope at some point we will be able to purchase certain things from the zen shop for our foundry quests. For example for a small fee perhaps a standard potion vendor. Now while I understand this is something that could be abused perhaps if only players that have quests eligible for the daily bonuses etc would have access to the cash shop for such exploitable resources. This I think might reduce the likelihood of them being exploited enough to be manageable.
    But on the topic of increasing the amount of place able objects on a single map this is impossible these limits are set in place for a very important reason. This reason is lag it has been a caveat since the original builder for neverwinter nights if you put too many placeable objects especially interactable ones it causes serious lag. My advice is if you have hit your limit you need to delete at least half of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you have placed on your map and come up with a better way to decorate. I imagine if you hit all the limits it will most likely make your quest unplayable for the majority if not all players who attempt to play your map.
  • adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delavega86 wrote: »
    i searched through the site for packs or upgrades i could buy for the foundry, but there was nothing.

so im asking you guys.

how can i increase my budget and get more architectural themes?

thanks!

I think the budget is there to avoid serious performance issues for the player base.

I really hope at some point we will be able to purchase certain things from the zen shop for our foundry quests.

Such items should be freely available to all foundry workers, is it not enough that we spend hours producing content to extend the life of their product? It would be shameful for them to charge us for such things.
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
    - A story driven dungeon crawl! -
  • sabo630sabo630 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    as said above make another map and have your quest link to it. like a portal FX, or a door.

I dont know if there is a map limit or not, but I am sure you could easily sting 3-4 together this way.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the budget is there to avoid serious performance issues for the player base.
    This is exactly and specifically what it is for. In Foundry beta there was a long and technical explanation for the budget and how resources are calculated against it by Cryptic to determine their budget cost. Additionally, Cryptic cut the budget by around 2/3rds late in beta based on the server performance data they collect. The budget cut caused a huge kerfluffle with Foundry beta authors, to the point that the person who authored the Foundry manuals Cryptic stickied at the top of this forum, publicly quit NWO very shortly after launch.

So yeah, they're not going to open that back in up the near future.