test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stop rewarding RAD for PvP.

danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Want to drastically reduce AFK PvP'ers? Stop rewarding the behavior. Make it so you have to win to complete the daily.
Post edited by danxbx on

Comments

• Options
    majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    i bet you go afk too
  • Options
    redphantom01redphantom01 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't agree with that one.
    I hate afkers as much as the next guy, (maybe more so because I'm getting a sword shoved down my esophagus while the cleric seems content with watching me from the spawn zone) but I really don't want to spend 20 minutes in a room full of people I hate more than I have to.

Not to mention, things seem a lot more "chill" when you don't have to win to get the daily. Making it so "you have to win" will probably open up party flame wars and the circle jerk blame game that plagues MOBAs.

Why not a shorter idle time?
    Example:
    If you have not moved at all for 3-5 minutes. Or have not moved from the spawn zone. Then you are automatically removed from the game and then replaced by someone else.
  • Options
    k465k465 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    remove afker who has not moved from spawn within 60 seconds.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Well AFK'ers doesn't mean they aren't moving or not at their keyboards.. they are probably pacing back and forth in the spawn spot.
  • Options
    renekton84renekton84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is few idea's about how to solve this.
    1st: Put auto kick for being afk 1min.
    2nd: Vote kick, coz sometimes afk guy gets leader and u can't do anything to him.

offtopic. Would like to see a match maker so ppl who afk don't have reason to do it. Most of greeny ppl can't stand a chance vs full geared guys.

Removing reward would be stupid thing to do.
  • Options
    renekton84renekton84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is few idea's about how to solve this.
    1st: Put auto kick for being afk 1min.
    2nd: Vote kick, coz sometimes afk guy gets leader and u can't do anything to him.

offtopic. Would like to see a match maker so ppl who afk don't have reason to do it. Most of greeny ppl can't stand a chance vs full geared guys.

Removing reward would be stupid thing to do.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think there's much of a way to combat AFKers without ticking off the rest of the community. It's hard for Cryptic to control the uncontrollable (i.e. someone who just decided to get up and leave in the middle of a match).

A good start however, would be to make Glory gear BoA. There's zero reason that should be tradeable. ZERO. And it's most likely the reason people go AFK to begin with. The diamonds earned after a match pale in comparison to what that gear can be sold for.

Make it BoA. Start with that. Watch the AFKers disappear, largely.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, dropping the afkers will just punish their whole team for nothing : people won't even try at 4v5 whereas it could be still winnable. Just make afkers don't earn anything in the end AND pay a bill in astral diamonds for afking during a pvp session, something like 1000 AD which is certainly the reason why they just joined in without even trying ^^

They will certainly not make the same mistake twice ;)
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    The easiest solution and most implemented by other pvp oriented games is to grade each player based on performance such as damage, kills, heals, assist, point capture, minus death etc. average it and give it a score then multiply it by base glory multiplier. player score * glory multplier = final glory.
  • Options
    everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danxbx wrote: »
    Want to drastically reduce AFK PvP'ers? Stop rewarding the behavior. Make it so you have to win to complete the daily.

Definately not. I don't want to have to go through 50 potential matches just to get 1 win JUST to get the reward.

However there does need to be drawbacks for going AFK.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    danxbx wrote: »

That will be fun when you either have to play on a premade or get farmed by a premade for 10 games before you complete the daily quest.

Plus, you would still have people who idle for XP or for glory.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    dhavrumdhavrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of those arent always afker, i have seen a few mutliboxers there. its sucks when the other team has a full compliment of real players playing, and your team has like 2 or 3 real players.
  • Options
    ninwahninwah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omg this is so f'king simple. If you dont score a minimum of 350 points ish or 500 points you dont get ****. if you cant even obtain 350 or 500 points you dont need to be pvping. that simple.
  • Options
    enctenct Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solution is to add an easily accessible report function

not to gut another area of the game
  • Options
    kaelix72kaelix72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now we have whole teams of AFKers queing. Nice way to farm the daily.
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    k465 wrote: »
    remove afker who has not moved from spawn within 60 seconds.
    +1 to this, i bet they could do mroe adanced afk kicking options and stuff^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The easiest solution and most implemented by other pvp oriented games is to grade each player based on performance such as damage, kills, heals, assist, point capture, minus death etc. average it and give it a score then multiply it by base glory multiplier. player score * glory multplier = final glory.

THIS is the way right here. I agree.

While I do enjoy the fact that a loss isn't a complete loss thanks to the flat rate, if AFKers really are that big an issue than I support this solution.

Armor prices would either have to come down or base glory earned would have to go up to some degree to support it, however.

And the armor should still be BoA as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps the daily could be changed to needing to get 10 kills or assists. This is trivial even if you lose, and still requires some activity.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I notice you get much more exp/rewards when you are actively participating. I could be wrong though.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AFK'ers are bad, it ruins the match, but if the match is heavily one sided then I agree its better to end it quickly.
  • Options
    danglewooddanglewood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think when you have people actively recruiting AFK teams in zone chat, you've got to do something.
  • Options
    khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pvp is always super one sided, that might be the problem
    Khaaaaaaannnnnngggggggg
  • Options
    dourhelmdourhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Good idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    From what I noticed... usually the team is evenly match at the start. Midway if the lead is too much one team always has member that quit in the middle of the match .. then the remaining members just afk to end the match early.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    can we get a dev response to this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    No one cares about PvP in a D&D campaign game. Go play DFUW and have a nice day. If you want to be a smartass that is what I do when I want to PvP.
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is the worst thing to do, Since players can play very important roles without killing, healing, assisting(you dont even need to dmg the target to assist in its kill), or capturing. Sometimes dying in itself is a very important role, so your supporting that people act to get glory instead of pvp'ing in general, this would cause an even greater inbalance on classes and builds.

Most havnt realized it but pvp isnt won by kill.
  • Options
    jnc87jnc87 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I agree with making PvP gear bound. Make glory account bound if the point of items being tradeable is to equip alts. But either way, eventually PvP gear will be worthless anyway.

A vote kick would be nice as well. But imo the first step is to make the gear non tradeable.
  • Options
    hsthst Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    I still don't know why you people care so much. Seriously. If you see someone AFK, leave your party and try again --'

Leave the loser there alone and to the hell with him. Thats what I usually do when I see someone afk in pvp.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    avean wrote: »
    this is the worst thing to do, Since players can play very important roles without killing, healing, assisting(you dont even need to dmg the target to assist in its kill), or capturing. Sometimes dying in itself is a very important role, so your supporting that people act to get glory instead of pvp'ing in general, this would cause an even greater inbalance on classes and builds.

Most havnt realized it but pvp isnt won by kill.

This is like you're saying we should be awarding bad player/team. PvP is competitve game play where the best players or best team wins and must be awarded accordingly. Dying means you're not playing smart why would a game award you for that ?