test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF locked power?

ajr2355ajr2355 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Can't find this anywhere. Does anyone know what the locked power at 20 points is for GWF? or can you even unlock it?

ps. i'm level 52 so i need to know like now so i can what i should do with my points
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ajr2355ajr2355 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    (bump back to the first page)
  • commiekaze1commiekaze1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you saying you got to level 52 without putting 20 points into your initial skills?
  • bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably, and they are so many of these exploiters in this game, he exploited foundries and now he's asking basic questions about his build since he knows nothing about it.
    edited May 2013
    no theres a power at the 20 point line that says you need to have the powers before it at rank 3 to unlock it
  • commiekaze1commiekaze1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh that sucks. Well, Ill just leave this here then. Its a skill calculator.

http://reyva.com/resources/neverwinter-powers-feat-simulator.9/
  • keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ajr2355 wrote: »
    no theres a power at the 20 point line that says you need to have the powers before it at rank 3 to unlock it

It's not a power, it's just a icon telling you that you have the ability to rank things upto 3 now. It's really poorly worded as I thought the same initially.
    edited May 2013
    keobiaa wrote: »
    It's not a power, it's just a icon telling you that you have the ability to rank things upto 3 now. It's really poorly worded as I thought the same initially.

Thank you

*End Thread*
  • bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably, and they are so many of these exploiters in this game, he exploited foundries and now he's asking basic questions about his build since he knows nothing about it.
  • keyska333keyska333 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...He's talking about the box that mentions rank 3 is all... Keep up the bitterness ppl
  • migueblankitomigueblankito Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't use my points in my power tap i have only spent 18 and i got 10 more that i need to put but it is all grey because it says i have to use 20 power points to upgrade... is it a bug or what?
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't use my points in my power tap i have only spent 18 and i got 10 more that i need to put but it is all grey because it says i have to use 20 power points to upgrade... is it a bug or what?

If you used only 18 points and you need 20 to unlock the others, you need to use 2 more to unlock them.
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bellylint wrote: »

You posted this two times, the one that is the exploiter is you, you posted something that is saying the person might be a exploiter. Because you are one, and you posted it to make fun that you haven't been caught yet.

P.S If you are not an exploiter why post the same thing two times not even on the second page, you amused yourself of what you did and posted twice saying the same thing.
  • urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    There is a scroll bar in the Powers menu that goes down and you can see more available powers. I had the same problem and had like 6 unspent points till I found out.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Spend 20 points and you can now upgrade the earlier powers to Rank 3. Until you spend 20 points Rank 3 will be greyed out.

Once you spend 20 points, you don't have to upgrade to rank 3 but you will for most at wills and fav encounter powers to unlock the next tier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    Yes. It can be difficult to understand for people who don't have English as their first language. It isn't a power you can select, it is merely informational.
  • xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes. It can be difficult to understand for people who don't have English as their first language. It isn't a power you can select, it is merely informational.

Even with English as your first language the tooltip poorly worded. It threw me the first time I read it as well.
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    they really need to change that.

instead of it being in a power slot, they could have it as a note on the side.

whether its true or not, it gives the impression its there to trick you into needing to buy a respec token after you mess up your points trying to unlock it.