What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Math on Tenebrous Enchantment?

2»

Comments

• niacrysniacrys Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mortmage wrote: »
    I did some testing with my CW using 3 x 2% Tenebrous enchants with the practice dummies and loaded the Combat Log for the session with the practice dummies into Excel. Just prior to the test session, I cleared out the existing Combat Log, so the calculations are based solely on the Combat Log output of the test session.

Here's the damage summary:

combatlogsummary.png

As you can see, the total damage provided by the Tenebrous enchants, after applying target dummy defense (or whatever is causing the net damage applied to the dummies to be less than the gross damage), is exactly zero. Gross damage might as well be zero as well.

My practice dummy session was conducted over about two minutes on the center dummy in a row of three (so I was damaging all three with the Encounter spells and only the center dummy with At Will). I used Steal Time, Icy Terrain, and Entangling Force as soon as they completed CD and used Magic Missile the rest of the time.

I'm hoping someone can point out what I did wrong since, in this test at least, Tenebrous added nothing to my damage.

Here are my Char and Comp Sheets for reference:

yasesril60.png

iounstoneallure.png
    What weapon enchancement are you using? Tenebrous seems not to work with vorpal.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    niacrys wrote: »
    What weapon enchancement are you using? Tenebrous seems not to work with vorpal.

If you look it says "Plague Fire Weapon" in the sheet.....

TENE damage is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DPS... Its BURST capability is INSANE though... Its really a pigeon hole into PVP if you tene stack
  • vivaisthebestvivaisthebest Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure if serious or sarcasm. Assuming that you're actually serious, I will guess you have to pay for the greater tenebrous enchantments?
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone know the value or arp for PVP? Are other players at 24% dr or do they have 0?

Ive decided to remove my tene enchants and roll with regular enchants so im trying to find a sweet spot on what do I have on gear vs my stone...

In other words, I want to max arp on my gear only to the PVP "cap" then will make up any further arp with my gear on my stone...
  • adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Does anyone know the value or arp for PVP? Are other players at 24% dr or do they have 0?

Ive decided to remove my tene enchants and roll with regular enchants so im trying to find a sweet spot on what do I have on gear vs my stone...

In other words, I want to max arp on my gear only to the PVP "cap" then will make up any further arp with my gear on my stone...

DR in PvP depends on the opposing player, I have 40% on my Sentinel GWF, think around 25-30 on rogue but to be honest I never really looked hard at my rogues mitigation.

In other words it all depends on the players gear, but I'm almost certain everyone will have more than 24%
  • damianlightbanedamianlightbane Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @Vivaisthebest just buy them off the Auction house or from players.
    edited June 2013
    adhal81 wrote: »
    DR in PvP depends on the opposing player, I have 40% on my Sentinel GWF, think around 25-30 on rogue but to be honest I never really looked hard at my rogues mitigation.

In other words it all depends on the players gear, but I'm almost certain everyone will have more than 24%

Sorry I must have not been clear... THE max arp benefit you can get is a 24% cap in PVE... So what I am curious is that since ARP is the best stat currently, if you were maxing your gear for PVP youd want to get ARP as high as possible... I know the 24% is for PVE so is there a "cap" for PVP purposes...