test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fixing the Ninja problem

pantslessbanditpantslessbandit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I've been reading about a problem with ninjas in groups, and you know what, I've seen it too (I'm looking at you GF rolling need on my sword-knot). But what baffles me is that this is even possible, even in a new game anymore. There is a very, very simply solution to this problem. If you can't use the item, you can't roll need on it. I don't understand how this feature is not in every need vs greed loot system ever. And to quell the arguments of "But then people will just always roll need if they can use the item!!", I don't know about you, but this is how I already roll. There is no time to look at items for more than a quick glance at it's stats or item level, and if it happens to be unidentified (which just about all drops are), then there is no way to know if it is actually better for you, so roll and hope for the best is the only viable option.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is, this doesn't require any thinking over, or planning, or fancy implementation. Just disable the need button if you can't use the item (based on class only, low level players should still be able to roll on gear they can't equip yet). There is literally no other solution to ninja, short of not having any loot.