[UGC] Prison of the Fallen

aileohpaileohp Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Short Code:
NW-DTCPW36OK

Mission Type:
Combat

Average Duration:
15-20 minutes with 2+ players, 20-30 minutes if solo.

Amount of Combat:
High with little downtime.

Starts at:
Frostfire Depths (navigate via World Map)

Mission Summary:
In the lowest levels of Frostfire Depths, the Fallen remain imprisoned in their undeath. A collection of some of the dangerous villains to ever grace the Sword Coast, who bound their spirits to the Prime Material Plane. Better left undisturbed, but buried with their belongings and wealth, daring adventurers now seek to claim their unused equipment for themselves.

Author tips/hints:
Bring a friend. Soloing is for the foolhardy.
Post edited by aileohp on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solo Level 13 TR. Got loot nerfed before finishing the spiders at the beginning of the quest, wound up -10 minor potions and -5 lesser potions because of it, would plow through multiple series of encounters with zero drops of any sort. Sad, because mowing things down is exactly what the TR class is designed to do. For whatever reason, many of the traps were untargettable for disarming ("out of line of sight"). Additionally, you could see the ai pathfinding errors, as the ai is apparently unable to walk around a single saw trap in a room (it would walk to the saw trap and just stand there as I stood right on the other side of the trap). None of these are your fault.

Their is a wide variety of encounters. It's a dungeon with multiple environment types (fire/ice), which is a standard DnD trope so that's fine. I liked the boss encounter, using multiple bosses to give the difficulty of a proper one.

Light on lore and story, heavy on killing stuff. There's really not much story. Dungeon design was pretty sparse.
  • aileohpaileohp Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review kamaliicious, regarding the lore and design, I'm slowly adding to the quest over time. The intention is to keep the lore optional so that those that wish to plow through enemies may do so.