test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Powers "flickering" around.

tengiietengiie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi.
In the Character sheet under the Power tab 3 of powers are flickering around.
It is like this on all of my characters, even the new ones i create.

Also on my Cleric a Power called Punishing Light has removed itself from my bar, so when i go into divine mode now that Power is gone and i cant put it back in either for some reason.

Found a guy showing the problem on youtube.

http://youtu.be/-DR0zLwr08I
Post edited by tengiie on

Comments

• Options
    bologna0bologna0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bumping this. I'm having the same problem. It's like playing roulette trying to put points into my abilities.
  • Options
    stormgard88stormgard88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bologna0 wrote: »
    Bumping this. I'm having the same problem. It's like playing roulette trying to put points into my abilities.

Same here! Not sure when this occurred exactly timewise, or what exactly I was doing, but it started last night, between levels 16-20.

I am a control wizard, and the specific powers affected are the encounter powers and passive from the first tier. Basically all the first tier excluding the at wills. If it helps, the tooltips stay put, but seem to be showing when moused over the wrong ability. (ie, Orb of Imposition tooltip is showing when mouse is hovering over the center ability, instead of far right.)

Hoping for a quick fix here, its hardly game breaking, but extremely annoying.
  • Options
    bologna0bologna0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here! Not sure when this occurred exactly timewise, or what exactly I was doing, but it started last night, between levels 16-20.

I am a control wizard, and the specific powers affected are the encounter powers and passive from the first tier. Basically all the first tier excluding the at wills. If it helps, the tooltips stay put, but seem to be showing when moused over the wrong ability. (ie, Orb of Imposition tooltip is showing when mouse is hovering over the center ability, instead of far right.)

Hoping for a quick fix here, its hardly game breaking, but extremely annoying.

Since my last post, I think I've found a way to fix it. It looks like it is being caused by the in-game interface being adjusted to be smaller, so that the Power buttons weren't able to fit onto the screen, so they freak out because they're all trying to fit on screen at once.

So to fix it:

1. Log into one of your characters (any one will do).

2. Hit Escape, then go to Options -> Interface, then click the General button.

3. Adjust the "Interface Scale" slider so that it's bigger than 1.00.

(If you want, you can re-adjust the slider afterwards back to 1.00 or lower if you prefer it that way.)

This fixed the bug for me, hopefully it works for you guys as well!
  • Options
    huntinghawk001huntinghawk001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It started right after they did the patch to fix the log in issue for some players, I hope they fix it soon. Not even able to select the powers to upgrade. I am sure they are working it though.
  • Options
    stringsoftearsstringsoftears Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    bologna0 wrote: »
    Since my last post, I think I've found a way to fix it. It looks like it is being caused by the in-game interface being adjusted to be smaller, so that the Power buttons weren't able to fit onto the screen, so they freak out because they're all trying to fit on screen at once.

So to fix it:

1. Log into one of your characters (any one will do).

2. Hit Escape, then go to Options -> Interface, then click the General button.

3. Adjust the "Interface Scale" slider so that it's bigger than 1.00.

(If you want, you can re-adjust the slider afterwards back to 1.00 or lower if you prefer it that way.)

This fixed the bug for me, hopefully it works for you guys as well!

Do what this guy said. I had the same problem but figured out it was the interface size slider being below 1.0
    Tis broken atm.