test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter client crashing to desktop.

birkelbirkel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Playing on my guardian and crashing at random points in dungeons. Client stops responding and i have to restart the game. I'm sure its not related to my PC since I build gaming rigs for people so I know a thing or two about computers. No overheating or hardware problems of any sort. When the crash occurs I can easily alt+tab and restart the game. When I crash it says something about the client failing to get some files or something along those lines. I'm reinstalling the game as i type this. Overall the game is running well but could need some optimization here and there.

specs:

PSU: Corsair AX850W
Motherboard: ASUS P9X790 PRO
GPU: GTX 680 running a mild OC.
CPU: Hex-core i7 3930K OC'd to 4.3Ghz
RAM: Kingston 16GB 1600Mhz
SSD: Intel 120GB SSD
HDD: 1TB Barracuda

Everything running very cool and flawless, has to be a client issue. I'll update the post if I continue crashing after a fresh install. Overall good game and keep the patches coming, peace.:cool:
Post edited by birkel on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    This was one of the error reports from the eventvwr. Most recent crash didnt have a crash ID but took one from yesterday.

c4818734-b8ec-11e2-ad5b-3085a99586a7

I've also seen reports that some GPU overclocking software can cause a crash. This seems stupid but just as a headsup. Im overclocking my GTX 680 using EVGA Precision X 4.0.0 If that matters.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bump bump bump bump
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bump bumppppppppppp
  • Options
    anastarranastarr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am also having similar issues. did it work for you to just reinstall the game?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Haven't crashed after the reinstall. Should also mention that under the troubleshooting tab in the video options you need to put it on DX11 since its running DX9 as standard. You should only do this if you have a card that runs better with the new DX11 ofcourse.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    anastarr wrote: »
    i am also having similar issues. did it work for you to just reinstall the game?

Haven't crashed after the reinstall. Should also mention that under the troubleshooting tab in the video options you need to put it on DX11 since its running DX9 as standard. You should only do this if you have a card that runs better with the new DX11 ofcourse.
  • Options
    lordnero5lordnero5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm getting a problem where i cant even get into the game, i been wanting to play this for some time now... and im starting to get really annoyed, every time i try to run the game it opens the launcher, then patches and takes forever, then once its done i hit start, it gets to the black screen where is says cryptic and the loading bar and when it gets a quarter of the way there it crashes to desktop. i have tried un-installing it and puttin it back on, and about 20 other freaking so called fixes.
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited August 2013
    My problems started after an update about 1 month ago.
    I reinstalled on a new SSD and is still crashing.
    Did a full hardware check and checked my temperatures. Nothing seems wrong
This discussion has been closed.