test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's the Sun?

Comments

• boostersauceboostersauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't RP to a sun like that ? Come on man try harder.
  • ijw473ijw473 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the oddest thread...
  • tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thehadriel wrote: »
    So no one else sees this?

No I'm seeing a normal sun. I hope you don't think we're all trolling you but honestly it looks normal to me.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Dont see any black at all, that part you circled looks like normal sunlight to me.
  • truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Dont see any black at all, that part you circled looks like normal sunlight to me.
    You're going to have to move closer to it. I'm guessing when the OP plays he has his eyes an inch or so away from the screen.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    truegamer0 wrote: »
    You're going to have to move closer to it. I'm guessing when the OP plays he has his eyes an inch or so away from the screen.

Lol i got really close and it still looks like bright white light. OP must be trolling.
  • truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Lol i got really close and it still looks like bright white light. OP must be trolling.
    I must be going crazy or something. I wouldn't say its black but more like a dark yellow.
  • anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    (forum crash)
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Outside, log off and try it.
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    truegamer0 wrote: »
    Looking closely I can see it but I would hardly classify it as black.

It's much, much more darker and obvious in-game.
    edited May 2013
    The OP is describing a problem with color display. When he says "black", he means "black".

He definitely doesnt mean, an extremely pale shade of orange-yellow.
    edited May 2013
    In Helm's Hold, the sun looks like this. This sun looks yellow to me, which is good, but the sun itself doesn't look very good at all (no sun rays!). Why are there different types of sun in the game?
    edited May 2013
    (forum crash)
    edited May 2013
    My Display Settings are 1280 x 800 pixels, at 32-bit color. And everything looks great.

If your settings are the same, I guess the problem is something different.
  • igglypigglyigglypiggly Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    the sun in your screenshots look fine to me, no black in them. that seems to imply that theres something wrong with your graphics, as everyone else sees it as a normal looking sun, with no black in it.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There was a solar eclipse.
    edited May 2013
    Oh wait. When you start up Neverwinter, before start playing, there are settings that let you adjust the graphics. Lower resolution = faster game. Im not familiar with this feature, I just used default, but maybe look there too.
  • cloudbreezecloudbreeze Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you lower the brightness of the image you will see what the OP is talking about. OP raise the brightness level in game.

pic
    edited May 2013
    If you lower the brightness of the image you will see what the OP is talking about. OP raise the brightness level in game.

pic
    No, no one would call that “black”. Also, the OP would obviously realize brightness was the problem. The issue must be something else.
  • bluhmanbluhman Member Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least it isn't a giant moon.

Anyway, I'd just say that's a side-effect of the sun graphic (model?) being just that. A smart and quick way to fix that could likely be to make said texture/model transparent, leaving a big glowing light effect in the sky with no dark circle.
    In other words, it's more of a visual design problem than a graphics card one.
    In the meantime, THOMAS WAS EVERYWHERE.

CoGQIYG.png
    Those bios are outdated. Have some steam guides:
    *CYBERMIND!*
    *FIRE AND NOT FIRE*
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's black, fail trolls are fail.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
    edited May 2013

pic

My game doesn't look as dark as that. The circle in the sun does look black like that though. Increasing brightness increases the brightness of everything, not just the sun.
    anashim wrote: »
    No, no one would call that “black”. Also, the OP would obviously realize brightness was the problem. The issue must be something else.
    How would you not call that black?
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My game doesn't look as dark as that. The circle in the sun does look black like that though. Increasing brightness increases the brightness of everything, not just the sun.

How would you not call that black?

Man there is no black spot in either of screenshot posted in this thread.
    I think the problem is with your eyes and not with your pc.

Google this: optical neuritis, or maculopathy
    They are both eye diseases that manifests with a black circle/spot in the center of your visual, and more noticeable when watching something bright like the sun or sky. Is not something to laugh at, if i were you i would run to see an ophthalmologist, if you really see that black circle everytime is a very serious problem!
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    Man there is no black spot in either of screenshot posted in this thread.
    I think the problem is with your eyes and not with your pc.

Google this: optical neuritis, or maculopathy
    They are both eye diseases that manifests with a black circle/spot in the center of your visual, and more noticeable when watching something bright like the sun or sky. Is not something to laugh at, if i were you i would run to see an ophthalmologist, if you really see that black circle everytime is a very serious problem!
    There isn't a black circle in this screenshot? If not, I think you should go see an ophthalmologist.
    edited May 2013
    There isn't a black circle in this screenshot? If not, I think you should go see an ophthalmologist.

there is not a black circle, there is a yellow pretty bright circle in there and believe me i have good eyes and my job is doing graphic websites so i'm more than accustomed with the range of the colors.
    You might see a slightly darker spot inside there, darker means is just a little bit more yellow than the surrounding area. Definatelly not black as you keep repeating!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/roxxette/sun.jpg

Here the link with the complete chart of the html true colors. http://www.immigration-usa.com/html_colors.html
    I repeat, go and seek a doc!

So please follow my advice and go see an oculist!
    edited May 2013
    there is not a black circle, there is a yellow pretty bright circle in there and believe me i have good eyes and my job is doing graphic websites so i'm more than accustomed with the range of the colors.
    You might see a slightly darker spot inside there, darker means is just a little bit more yellow than the surrounding area. Definatelly not black as you keep repeating!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/roxxette/sun.jpg

Here the link with the complete chart of the html true colors. http://www.immigration-usa.com/html_colors.html
    I repeat, go and seek a doc!

So please follow my advice and go see an oculist!
    In that screenshot you linked, I do not see a black circle unless I tilt up my screen. :confused:
    edited May 2013
    In that screenshot you linked, I do not see a black circle. :confused:

is your own screenshot mate!
    edited May 2013
    is your own screenshot mate!
    Never mind, I'm seeing it again when I tilt my screen up like it is normally (I got up and sat back down). I am using a laptop. With the screen down more, the screen seems brighter, concealing the black circle.

The point is that the black circle is actually there, even if some of you can't see it.
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That is yellow not black.

You must be colorblind.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    At least it isn't a giant moon..

That's no moon its a Space Station.