• Options
    wozuiquanwozuiquan Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    Just get them to add a 1v1/2v2 ladder system
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Edit: Wrong quote, sorry.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maebeknot wrote: »
    Yes because people that work at Mcdonalds have no bills at all and aren't worried about paying rent/bills/food. Just because you have no bills and can spend all your hard earned burger dollars on video games doesn't mean everyone can. A LOT of people that play free to play games can't afford to spend money on a monthly fee. They often will support the game when they can but they can't afford another monthly bill.

Your post makes it obvious that your either a kid or one of the most clueless adults I've had the "joy" or hearing from. Let me rush to my local McDonald's and get a second job on top of my schooling. I'll make sure to tell them in the interview that I'm only going to work for a couple days so I can go and buy the founder pack for Neverwinter.

Was talking about people who work at Mcdonalds for a longer duration than a couple of days (obviously...?) - this would simply remove a few days from their monthly salary that they earn there. Fairly certain that they will have a little leftover to spend per month, don't ya think? Either way it doesn't matter, I was half joking with that statement anyways. Not surprising that a keyboard warrior latched onto it though =P

And I suppose you're right - I am somewhat clueless when it comes to the lower division - I apologize. I'll get out of your league now, enjoy!

Oh and, +1 to ehgrieza.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    falcon88itafalcon88ita Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really guys, were you drunked when you allowed mounts in pvp?? It s just ridiculous: this is a D&D based game and you can't allow player to summon a damned mount from nowhere during combat to escape from enemies. Were you playing pokemon when you did this?? -.-''

no comment...
  • Options
    igglypigglyigglypiggly Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    erdokan wrote: »
    Was talking about people who work at Mcdonalds for a longer duration than a couple of days (obviously...?) - this would simply remove a few days from their monthly salary that they earn there. Fairly certain that they will have a little leftover to spend per month, don't ya think? Either way it doesn't matter, I was half joking with that statement anyways. Not surprising that a keyboard warrior latched onto it though =P

And I suppose you're right - I am somewhat clueless when it comes to the lower division - I apologize. I'll get out of your league now, enjoy!

Oh and, +1 to ehgrieza.

"the lower division"?

keepin' it classy i see
  • Options
    rorschachousrorschachous Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erdokan wrote: »

I'm sorry, but only this came to mind.
    tumblr_m0qs3sFscv1qa8sgzo1_r2_500.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ijw473 wrote: »
    Agree totally.

One quick question - do purple mounts take more hits to bounce off the rider? I thought they do in PvE, but I am not sure for PvP.

They do. Not only that, it's kinda hard to focus mount riders when you're in the middle of another fight, so often times they just rush through without even taking a single hit. (Tested it myself.)
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You might be surprised how easy scaling gear would be to code. One method (block of code) could be ran on all stats for each piece of gear to bump it to the higher level. It would be very similar to how they code the stats for gear already in the game. Yet I couldn't get on board with that since it would take out incentive to make sure you have good gear. Instead of just getting some low level gear, power leveling then being on scale with others in power that put extra time in getting good gear.

I don't think gear should give an advantage in PvP to be honest. Playing PvP gives you skill and then when you get the bonus of gear too then you get a super elite group what makes it harder for others to break into PvP without having to then grind up the best PvE gear around but I wouldn't want to break gear either.
    Yes because people that work at Mcdonalds have no bills at all and aren't worried about paying rent/bills/food. Just because you have no bills and can spend all your hard earned burger dollars on video games doesn't mean everyone can. A LOT of people that play free to play games can't afford to spend money on a monthly fee. They often will support the game when they can but they can't afford another monthly bill.

Your post makes it obvious that your either a kid or one of the most clueless adults I've had the "joy" or hearing from. Let me rush to my local McDonald's and get a second job on top of my schooling. I'll make sure to tell them in the interview that I'm only going to work for a couple days so I can go and buy the founder pack for Neverwinter.

I'm in two minds on this view point, the first being that clearly there are people that can not afford to purchase games but the other is that you are playing a game in which you aren't really supporting as you aren't paying money for it... it's a hard one for me to take a side on. The reason the F2P models work however is that it encourages a larger fan base and so it does bring in more paying people but I still feel that people should contribute to a game they play even if it's a little. Not supporting good games is a big issue in the computer games industry right now and one not to be under-estimated either.
  • Options
    ehgriezaehgrieza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really guys, were you drunked when you allowed mounts in pvp?? It s just ridiculous: this is a D&D based game and you can't allow player to summon a damned mount from nowhere during combat to escape from enemies. Were you playing pokemon when you did this?? -.-''

no comment...

so...it is weird for them to get a mount out of thin air in PvP but it is not weird when they come out of thin air everywhere else? You make no sense.

They do. Not only that, it's kinda hard to focus mount riders when you're in the middle of another fight, so often times they just rush through without even taking a single hit. (Tested it myself.)

Because the whites and greens and blue ones can't run past a group as well? Every map has a bypass from point 1 to point 2.
    The average lvl 60 pvper has about 22k hp as I have been running around today and looking at people in pvp gear...that is a 2200 to 3300 damage hit or 3-5 hits in 5 seconds.

white - 3 hits in 5 sec or 2200 damage in 1 hit
    green - 3 hits in 5 sec or 2200 damage in 1 hit
    blue - 4 hits in 5 sec or 2640 damage in 1 hit
    purple/founder blue - 5 hits in 5 sec or 3300 damage in 1 hit

Obviously GF's will be higher.
    Dragon Shard
    Ethica - 60 - Human Guardian Fighter
    Ehgrieza - 40 - Halfling Trickster Rogue
    Windowpane - 30 - Tiefling Control Wizard
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not only this is defeating the point of PvP (you know, "Player versus Player" as opposed to "Player is running away from another Player on a mount"), it is so pay-to-win, whoever thought it was great idea should be ashamed of themselves.
    If you have superfast mount you have an unfair advantage, and it just isn't fair. And no, if the devs are true to what they keep saying about their game, you shouldn't be forced to pay money just to have advantage like this.
    Cosmetic and stylish? Yes. Ruining PvP? No, thanks.
    Besides, it just feels right when there are no mounts. Before level 20 it was really tactical and interesting to sneak up on enemy point, now it's just "rushing to your nodes lolololol".

As someone who pvp quite often I disagree. I have the slower mount and have run into really no issue. Using a mount can sometimes be less beneficial if you get knocked off you are prone for a good length of time. The game needs to be financed in some way. Having a fast mount is one of those ways.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As someone who pvp quite often I disagree. I have the slower mount and have run into really no issue. Using a mount can sometimes be less beneficial if you get knocked off you are prone for a good length of time. The game needs to be financed in some way. Having a fast mount is one of those ways.

So PVE content can't sustain a game? Riiiiight.
    Nobody suggested removing them from the game entirely, only from PvP. Or, again, scaling all mounts like they scale players.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    naamapeikkonaamapeikko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh this is still going on.

They don't scale players at lvl60 bracket as far as I know. And any lower brackets don't really matter considering how fast it is to level in this game. As a GF I can dismount every player with a single hit and I'm pretty sure every other class hits for larger numbers than GF.

Mounts in PvP are not a real issue, please move along already.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh this is still going on.

They don't scale players at lvl60 bracket as far as I know. And any lower brackets don't really matter considering how fast it is to level in this game. As a GF I can dismount every player with a single hit and I'm pretty sure every other class hits for larger numbers than GF.

Mounts in PvP are not a real issue, please move along already.

Not the real issue my ***. The guy by the name Maximus capped our points all the time, then ran out on his super-duper fast mount when his health was at 20%. You know where he ran? To the ****ing potion. You know what he did after that? Came back to cap. You know what he did after he got to 20% health? Rinse and ****ing repeat. It's annoyingly broken that it's not even funny. And you know what? How the **** would you dismount someone who's running ahead of you if you're all melee GFW? Have you considered that possibility? And BTW have you actually thought that you can't chase someone on lower tier mount when he's on the higher one?
    You're pro Pay-to-Win, we get that. Go play your game as you want. A lot of people actually don't want it to be Pay-to-Win, so go brag about you're precious horse to people that actually care. PvP isn't supposed to be ****ing circus, mate.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Or, again, scaling all mounts

This needs to happen for PvP to be balanced.

Also, gear tier brackets.
  • Options
    urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not the real issue my ***. The guy by the name Maximus capped our points all the time, then ran out on his super-duper fast mount when his health was at 20%. You know where he ran? To the ****ing potion. You know what he did after that? Came back to cap. You know what he did after he got to 20% health? Rinse and ****ing repeat. It's annoyingly broken that it's not even funny. And you know what? How the **** would you dismount someone who's running ahead of you if you're all melee GFW? Have you considered that possibility? And BTW have you actually thought that you can't chase someone on lower tier mount when he's on the higher one?
    You're pro Pay-to-Win, we get that. Go play your game as you want. A lot of people actually don't want it to be Pay-to-Win, so go brag about you're precious horse to people that actually care. PvP isn't supposed to be ****ing circus, mate.

confirmed since i abuse this tactic all day. lolmountsinpvp
  • Options
    enterestenterest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »
    confirmed since i abuse this tactic all day. lolmountsinpvp

I 100% support this. I LOVED pvp before level 20. Now that I'm level 20 the team that does less pvp wins normally. When i help my team win fights we lose because someone on the other team i just back capping. When all i do is back cap, my team normally wins.

This is not fun. Either a: I have fun pvping but dont have fun losing or b: I have fun winning but do next to zero pvp in the match.

Either way there is something not fun about it. Please remove mounts from the game. Pre level 20 you can still back cap, but it takes significant time to run across the map so its more of a trade off.
  • Options
    biobrainbiobrain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mount in PvP is like Cavalry, right..
    I do agree with the mount speed buff/debuff.
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    totally agree with this : +3 mounts give a huge advantage onto map control for players who got one
  • Options
    thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Scaling everyone's mounts to max is fine by me, but not a huge issue. If you're losing because someone is getting to a point ahead of you then you're gonna lose anyhow. It takes a long time for a cap to complete and most people lose because they can't hold their point and the center. Very few matches result in one team holding all three.
  • Options
    davidcoppafeeldavidcoppafeel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sort of agree with this, I'm not against mounts in PvP since it'll allow for larger arenas with more action but mounting time should be increased and mount tiers should be ignored for speed and damaged needed to demount. Also demounting and getting demounted should give a debuff in PvP lowering Speeding, Defense and Offense for 5 seconds and 10 seconds respectively. As I said, not against mounts but they are a dominating feature in their current form in PvP.

Just to note, I have a tier 3 mount and so I'm not saying this because I am disadvantaged with a tier 1 mount or whatever but rather I'd prefer to play on a level playing field in PvP.

I completely agree.