test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nightmare Lockboxes - only on first character?

varwevarwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all,

I'm having the weirdest experience. A few days ago I started playing the game, nightmare lockboxes were dropping for my character right and left. Probably at least 1-2 per level.

Yesterday I created a second char, I have been playing that one most of yesterday and today. That character is level 17 now. Not a single nighmare lockbox has dropped for this character. Not one.

Anyone else have this experience?
Post edited by varwe on

Comments

• valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have two characters and I've gotten lockboxes on each of them starting at around level 10. (As a side note, if you think lockboxes drop right and left in this game, you should play CO. I had several hundred by level 35-ish in that game.)
  • varwevarwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, I wonder if this character is bugged somehow then. I've been mostly doing the regular questing (Blacklake, etc.) and maybe 1 or 2 foundry quests. No pvp, no skirmishes, no dungeons. And no lockboxes dropping.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really didn't start getting decent LB drops until around level 24 or so. I would much rather they dropped than have to spend AD on em.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's all just the whim of the random number generator.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    It's all just the whim of the random number generator.

Random numbers are not my friend. :(
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a load of them on both my initial characters. You want some? No use to me given you are forced to pay to open them ( or be at the whim of the exploiters of the exchange.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    I got a lot of them when I hit level 10 till about level 20. Then they just kind of stopped showing up. RNG's do NOT like me.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    They are random drops. Plus they are tradeable.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My main character used to get them like crazy (I have well over 60 I think) But the last 2 days I haven't seen them drop for me at all. Not that I care, but just an observation.
  • mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can have all of mine, plus the code that generates these abominations. I've started just leaving them on the ground as they count as "non-loot" in my mind.
    Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I was going to say... Not having boxes drop is awesome, I wish I could have that!
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • uxvorastrixuxvorastrix Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wish you could discard the darn things, or better yet never even get them to begin with. In other PWE games, the annoying lockbox is the most common drop and a complete waste of inventory space. You found piles of them discarded next to vendors from all the people who discarded them.

Get rid of them.
    D&D DM/Player since 1982 - all versions except the despised 4e
  • aridanwyrmtootharidanwyrmtooth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heck, I'll take all of yours, and then some :P
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I really didn't start getting decent LB drops until around level 24 or so. I would much rather they dropped than have to spend AD on em.

I found the same. On my second char I think I only had one by level 20, but am around level 25 now on her and have 6 or 7.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just wish you could discard the darn things, or better yet never even get them to begin with. In other PWE games, the annoying lockbox is the most common drop and a complete waste of inventory space. You found piles of them discarded next to vendors from all the people who discarded them.

Get rid of them.

Pretty sure you can discard them. That was in a patch a while back, IIRC.
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they lowered the drop rate? Honestly, I have more than I will ever open sitting in my bank vault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]