test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Peanut Labs never gives Zen when its above 150. False Advertising by them.

johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Cryptic/Perfect World has peanut labs as a partner on their website where if you click "Earn Zen" peanut labs shows you offers and if you do them, they are supposed to give you Zen back for your time, money or whatever you spend doing the offers.

I have been doing the offers to earn Zen from peanut labs. Well if you do the ones that are for just 1-10 zen it works every time. If you do the ones for 40-150 zen its 50/50 even when you complete them.

Now I did one for 450 and one for over 1,000 zen. Both times I used my credit card. One was to buy the dollar shave razors which are already sent to my house. The other was to check my credit score and it gave me a 7 day trial and allowed me to see my credit, etc.

Both time I used my credit card for the bigger Zen reward they failed to give me credit. Its false advertising by them. If you contact them they just so far tell me they were unable to verify(umm I have e-mails showing i signed up and everything but they dont let us even send that for proof).

"try to report problem again in 2 weeks" was the other response I got, Ridiculous.
Post edited by johnny305 on

Comments

• Options
    djakkudjakku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you gave your credit card details to marketing?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    djakku wrote: »
    you gave your credit card details to marketing?

No, you give your credit card to companies if you want to do that offer. Not to peanut labs.

They have gamefly, redbox, dollarshaveclub, and many legit companies.

The problem is that once you do the trial or buy the item and do your part of the offer, the peanut labs thing does not credit you with the Zen.

Its pretty much a scam. They receive money each time we go to these sites and complete offers, so their part is supposed to be to credit us with zen, when they don't its them taking our time and making money off us and not giving anything back.
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sucker....
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like your beef is with Peanut Labs.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    I have been doing the offers to earn Zen from peanut labs. Well if you do the ones that are for just 1-10 zen it works every time. If you do the ones for 40-150 zen its 50/50 even when you complete them.

Now I did one for 450 and one for over 1,000 zen. Both times I used my credit card. One was to buy the dollar shave razors which are already sent to my house. The other was to check my credit score and it gave me a 7 day trial and allowed me to see my credit, etc.

Both time I used my credit card for the bigger Zen reward they failed to give me credit. Its false advertising by them. If you contact them they just so far tell me they were unable to verify(umm I have e-mails showing i signed up and everything but they dont let us even send that for proof).

"try to report problem again in 2 weeks" was the other response I got, Ridiculous.

Never ever ever ever ever do a free trial that requires a credit card. Just wait till you get your credit bill your most likely going to billed for that "free trial" even if you cancel and several other hidden offers. Then you get to spend 2 hours on hold and when they finally pick up you have to tell them no thank you 750 times while they try and sell you more services before they refund you.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Sounds like your beef is with Peanut Labs.

No its with Neverwinter, cryptic, perfect world as well as i am doing these offers on the PW/neverwinter site when you click "earn zen."

if they are doing deals with peanut labs and they are not holding up to their end of the deal and taking my time and making money off me, it is their problem.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No its with Neverwinter, cryptic, perfect world as well as i am doing these offers on the PW/neverwinter site when you click "earn zen."

if they are doing deals with peanut labs and they are not holding up to their end of the deal and taking my time and making money off me, it is their problem.

That's ridiculous. If you sell something online and the buyer never sends the money to your account, your beef is with the buyer, not your bank.
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    Never ever ever ever ever do a free trial that requires a credit card. Just wait till you get your credit bill your most likely going to billed for that "free trial" even if you cancel and several other hidden offers. Then you get to spend 2 hours on hold and when they finally pick up you have to tell them no thank you 750 times while they try and sell you more services before they refund you.

Clearly, some people need to learn the hard way. I miss the days when people knew TANSTAAFL.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To the guy above this ^^^^^^^^

If I sell something online and the buyer does not send the money, I report the problem to the website hosting the sale be it Ebay, Amazon, etc.

That is what is happening here.

Peanut Labs does not send me the Zen I earned. Perfect World/Cryptic is hosting peanut labs on their website to do this transaction, so i report it to them also.

You clearly have never sold anything online on a website.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To the guy above this ^^^^^^^^

If I sell something online and the buyer does not send the money, I report the problem to the website hosting the sale be it Ebay, Amazon, etc.

And they'll ask you if you've contacted the buyer.
    Perfect World/Cryptic is hosting peanut labs on their website to do this transaction,

Nope, they are not.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    And they'll ask you if you've contacted the buyer.

Nope, they are not.

And after you tell Ebay or Amazon you already talked to the buyer to no avail, then they get involved and try to get payment and if they cant they will ban the buyer if he does not pay the seller. Please stop as you do not know what you are talking about.

I already contacted peanut labs, they do not help if you read my post. Now I am going to the people that hosted the offers on their site which is here.

Look in the upper right, click Earn zen and it takes you to peanut labs offers on this site. Now please stop hijacking my thread and trolling.
  • Options
    crovax3000crovax3000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of those surveys are bull****. Yesterday I did one which took about 20 minutes, after I did the entire survey, it said it was asking questions that were just for classification, and after I answered that I was not Hispanic, it eliminated me out, conveniently after getting all the survey information.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Most of these click thru and ad offering network are scams. Even if they are legit they have very very stringent rules in order to qualify. Most of the time they will not pay out and there's really nothing you can do except email them and hope for the best.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of those offer are scammy or bogus and even when you do "fit" the requirements the offers often don't complete. It's sad PWE is endorsing this and it reflects very poorly on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Most of those offer are scammy or bogus and even when you do "fit" the requirements the offers often don't complete. It's sad PWE is endorsing this and it reflects very poorly on them.

Yes, I am just warning people, thanks for your input.

My point is to either get them to pay up, or if not let others know this is a scam and not to do it.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've done four surveys (WITHOUT giving a credit card), gotten nothing, f that noise.

It really makes PW look like shysters. Add that to the current zen market...
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    saintavalonsaintavalon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These type of things are extremely finicky, you must make sure you have no popup blockers enabled, no add blockers enabled, and you'll likely want to clear cache/history prior to each new offer you wish to complete.

You'll also want to watch for fine print, such as some of the free offers require you to stay with the free offer until near the last day of the offer. e.g. 7 day free trial, if you cancel on day 2, you get no reward, if you cancel on day 6, you get your reward.

Be warned, these are extremely finicky and the many nuances on what will and will not count makes them not worth it to the average user.
  • Options
    terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this same problem with 'tapjoy' in a different game, but when I contacted the game owners (not the stupid scamming 'tapjoy') they credited me with what I claimed I'd earned. Since after all it doesn't cost them a cent to give you your 'money'.

Surprised if PW is giving you a run around, unless a lot of people are having the same complaints. :/
  • Options
    epictrilogyepictrilogy Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    THey currently owe me 1260... No bull****, honestly I'm glad it's not just me that would feel worse as I doubt i'd ever be able ot petition PWE to hand it over.
  • Options
    jeff597660jeff597660 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    same here they still owe me 580 zen only automessages if i send a ticket already mailed the company from the offer that if peanut labs doesn't pay me my zen i will cancel my order
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The bad things about it is Peanut labs gets paid for us doing the ads, Perfect world also get a % of the money fro peanut labs.

Now us the ones actually buying things or wasting time on these offers that is paying all of them, get nothing.

It has gotten worse and worse. I did these years ago and they actually paid up back then. The more years that go by, the more these offer companies rip people off and it has to stop.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Everyone being ripped off by these offers should reply here until we get our Zen or PW responds and/or changes partners.
  • Options
    ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Did no one notice that these offers were a complete scam before even reading them?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ddamadd wrote: »
    Did no one notice that these offers were a complete scam before even reading them?

So then why is perfect world leaving them up there to scam us?
  • Options
    perfectself82perfectself82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm owed well over 5000 zen from these things. I did a bunch of them one week, about a year ago, and got paid out about 1200 zen.

Peanut labs customer support is worse than EA.

Luckily I didn't have any issues canceling the trials, all the companies I dealt with (aside from PL) were professional and never tried to sneak in extra BS onto my credit cards.

Netflix, gamefly, some credit report service and a a book club and some car insurance quote website were the offers I was never paid for that I can remember. Ended up sticking with Netflix and the book club so at least theres that? Canceled the credit agency and gamefly. No issues, was never charged for anything unexpected or anything like that. The fact is that Peanut labs is garbage and everyone working for them should be water boarded imo.

PWE customer support basically told me to go **** myself as well, which is to be expected from them I guess. I have no doubt that if Cryptic was actually 'in charge' of this stuff we wouldn't be having these issues. Love Cryptic, can't stand PWE.

Edit: Oh! Remembered the other offer I never got paid for: Applied for a credit card! Actually got the card, been using it regularly since then so thats another plus I guess? Sure would love the Zen for that one, can't remember how much it was but it was over 2.5k I know that.
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I am getting scammed, and I have four tickets open. Like an idiot, I did not take screenshots of my completed forms--especially the one were I got a credit card and was supposed to get 5,355 Zen. Stupid me. I will take screenshots from now on; apparently this screenshot method is the only way to fight Peanut Labs.

Big ol' scam. Peanut Labs is a nefarious company.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the OP: You do know the Neverwinter website is owned by PWE and not Cryptic right? Cryptic is just the developer. PWE is the producer. These offers never showed up until PWE bought Cryptic.

I will not waste my time with any of the surveys as too many times I spend anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes or more filling them out only to be given the message that I am not in the group they are looking for. I only do the ones that require no real input at all such as "watch the video" and "click the link" ones.
  • Options
    xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish they used the same company Playdom uses for Marvel Averngers Alliance Facebook game. I've done a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of offers through them and never had an issue getting my MAA gold within minutes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    To the OP: You do know the Neverwinter website is owned by PWE and not Cryptic right? Cryptic is just the developer. PWE is the producer. These offers never showed up until PWE bought Cryptic.

I will not waste my time with any of the surveys as too many times I spend anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes or more filling them out only to be given the message that I am not in the group they are looking for. I only do the ones that require no real input at all such as "watch the video" and "click the link" ones.

Well this forum is part of PWE property so here is a good place to complain about this.

We are doing the offers to get the zen to play this game and we are being ripped off by false advertisement and scams by peanut labs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    Yeah I am getting scammed, and I have four tickets open. Like an idiot, I did not take screenshots of my completed forms--especially the one were I got a credit card and was supposed to get 5,355 Zen. Stupid me. I will take screenshots from now on; apparently this screenshot method is the only way to fight Peanut Labs.

Big ol' scam. Peanut Labs is a nefarious company.

What you shoudl do is screenshot the e-mail that shows you got the credit card or signed up. That is proof too.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this forum is part of PWE property so here is a good place to complain about this.

We are doing the offers to get the zen to play this game and we are being ripped off by false advertisement and scams by peanut labs.

Trust me I understand. I have had plenty of issues with them in the past.
This discussion has been closed.