test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric good choice for dps?

scoranovascoranova Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
Hello. im currently playing a cleric at lvl 32 but im starting to have some doubts about her.
So i wonder if if clerics is a good choice for doing damage? Does it get better as it feels a bit low right now.

Would a Guardian specced for damage do more?

Thanks
Post edited by scoranova on

Comments

• kissell19kissell19 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Stick to the cleric. At end game ive seen the healer also tanking. Ive only ran 2 instances so far as my cleric (lvl 34) and I was at the very top of all the sections of the meter. Damage and healing both. Check out the master build list on the forums and look at the tank cleric guide with videos. Im using that as a basis and it rocks for damage and healing (solo or otherwise)
  • nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A cleric in a party will be both tanking and healing because adds (and maybe the boss if your tank isnt that great) will instantly be chasing you around the room. You have abilities that will let you damage and heal at the same time, but unless things are going super smoothly or there's another cleric, most of the time you'll probably be too busy running from adds and healing yourself to worry about actually dpsing anything for too long.
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    scoranova wrote: »
    So i wonder if if clerics is a good choice for doing damage? Does it get better as it feels a bit low right now.

Would a Guardian specced for damage do more?

You are talking about damage not feeling good and then talking about Guardian? From what I am to understand Guardian has pretty much the worst damage in the entire game... Cleric is 2nd worst but then Cleric is a Heal/support class mainly with a bit of off-tanking. Due to issues/bugs with how the threat system currently works most clerics are having to off tank more than it would appear was intended but the class is capable of doing it.