test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Follow npc quest

chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I am really struggling with new quest, trying a 'follow npc quest' without the ultimate target appearing until you get there. Whatever I do, waypoints etc it shows on the mini map as a target. I can't even make the change area interaction appear only when an objective is reached, it won't let me.

Any ideas?
My new quest:

WIP
Post edited by chinspinner on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Basically I want to somehow hide the quest goal until the toon is led there, any ideas?
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    forgive me if you have already done this but did you make 2 objectives then?

For example if I'm following what you're saying.....Player enters map...player finds NPC....after NPC dialogue, NPC starts walking to a spot

Theres 1 objective.....I'm thinking (I'm not a foundry genius yet, only did 1 quest atm)....Make the NPC walk to a specific point and have the NPC disappear when NPC reaches that point.

Meanwhile the player will have a quest tracker as "follow the NPC" to objective (1)

Perhaps spawn a new NPC in its place when the NPC stops at the desired location and have the new NPC (same costume) do whatever it is the NPC needs to do; meanwhile the Player will get a new objective.

does that make sense? hopefully i understood right?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    but you still have a goal i.e. go to waypoint, I want no goals.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    gigabullobgigabullob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use a "reach point" objective and set the text to "Follow NPC" or whatever. Set the waypoint to none. There will be no sparkly path or marker on the map showing where to go, but the quest will update once the player steps in the zone. (ie. the NPC will lead the player through the invisible area objective and the objective will update. You can also use this as a trigger to despawn the walking NPC and respawn a copy that can be talked to)

The only problem is that if the player steps in this zone before you have the objective to follow the npc, it's going to bugger things up. Make sure there's an invisible wall preventing the player from stepping there before you want them to. Also, as far as I know, there's no way to stop the player once following the NPC from just running to the objective point once they know where it is (ie. on their second playthrough)