test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Polish verion of Neverwinter?

damorkadamorka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello,
I have read on website that during summer 2013 polish version of the game will be launched.
http://http://mmovault.pl/news/3029/perfect-world-europe-b-v-zapowiada-polska-wersje-jezykowa-neverwinter

If I create a character now in english client version will I be able to play the same character in polish version later?

Or should I wait for polish launcher?

I will appreciate an answer.
Regards,
Damorka
Post edited by damorka on

Comments

• Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just learn English.
  • Options
    damorkadamorka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know English well enough to play the game, still I wish to play it in my mother tongue.

I'm looking forward to any news on the topic from kinder players or forum administrators.
    regards,
    Damorka
  • Options
    sizaspsizasp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Just learn English.
    agagaga, you are verry Funny!
  • Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my experience with other games. I don't think you will be able to transfer from a US server to a Polish one. I wait until until an official said something or for the Polish server to come on line
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, I don't speak Polish, so I can't tell what that article says, but I don't think there's going to be a Polish server. Cryptic uses a single-server architecture for their games, so everyone is on the same server.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited May 2013
    damorka wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have read on website that during summer 2013 polish version of the game will be launched.
    http://http://mmovault.pl/news/3029/perfect-world-europe-b-v-zapowiada-polska-wersje-jezykowa-neverwinter

If I create a character now in english client version will I be able to play the same character in polish version later?

Or should I wait for polish launcher?

I will appreciate an answer.
    Regards,
    Damorka

Different language versions of Cryptic games (namely German and French) are all client-side only. After server merge there will be only one NW server for all players and even now servers aren't separated by language version.
    You should be able to play your old character on the same server as anyone, there will be no Polish/German/French servers.

Maybe in future, but there is no need for this. Cryptic playerbase is a mixed one. Players from Europe and Americas are often in same guilds. Many players from Europe (including myself, and I'm from Poland) would stay on the NA servers anyway.

This article is only about game localisation, I see no word about local servers.
    Personally, I'll be pissed if European players were forced to the European servers only, just like Sony did with DCUO. But PWE/Cryptic seems to be wiser that that.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So a Dwarf walks into a bar and says to the bartender: "Wanna hear a Pollack joke"?

The Bartender gives him a mean look and says I'm Polish, see the two big guys over there playing pool? Their Polish too. And the mean look'n guy at the end of the bar? He's a Pollack as well.

Now, ya still wanna tell your Pollack joke?

The Dwarf says "Well, I don't want have to explain it four f'n times".