test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mouse bugging out on Foundry

misssophistmisssophist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
So it's as simple as the title suggests, sometimes when dragging items from the detail section onto the map my mouse bugs out and the only way to fix it is to use the task manager to shut down the Neverwinter client. When the mouse bugs it sticks in the middle of the screen and flits between visibility and invisibility while being tugged around like a magnet was dragging it out of control.

Has anyone else experienced this bug or found a solution?
Post edited by misssophist on

Comments

• Options
    hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Does it to me sometimes when I pull too fast.

I hit ctrl-s to save and when it finishes saving I get mouse control back.

60% of the time it works every time.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ctrl-s
    / 10 character required.
  • Options
    sundevil3sundevil3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having the same problem last night. I've never had this problem before. It's really annoying and time-consuming. I'll try the Ctrl-S thing tonight.
  • Options
    misssophistmisssophist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply, very appreciated.
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow.. Ctrl+S will be a life saver.. I lost a whole dungeon to that yesterday.. could get it resolved and had to reboot, even task manager was unable to save me at the time!
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    save a lot

ive found letting the map sort of "settle" for a bit before dragging helps, as does dragging very slowly. haven't had a problem with this for a while that way.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    medullanmedullan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Whenever that happens to me I hit alt f4 it opens the are you sure you want to close without saving dialog box and I get my mouse control back. It only seems to work if I am quick to hit alt f4 after the mouse freeze. If I wait to long I don't get mouse control back but I can still use keyboard controls to select save and exit. I only lost work from this bug once I am real quick to hit alt f4 after a freeze now and I save after practically every edit. Will try the Ctrl S I save it after it freezes anytime anyways so that would save me a step. anyways I hope for some alt f4 is a better solution than ctrl alt del.
  • Options
    edropusedropus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think I found what causes this.

When you first left-click on an object it gives you a 3D preview, and you can left-click on this 3D preview to rotate it around. While rotating your mouse disappears - just like when you get this bug.

What I think is happening is this: if you quickly grab an object and drag it onto the map while the 3D preview is up, and if you release the left mouse button while hovering over the 3D preview:

1) You drop the object onto the map
    2) The left click registers as a 'let me rotate the 3D preview' click, and the mouse is removed from the screen for 3D rotation
    3) Because you just dropped the object and released the mouse, the 3D preview window is removed from the screen

Thus leaving your mouse stranded in 3D 'preview mode' without an actual model to rotate.

You can avoid this two ways:

1) Make sure you place your object outside of the 'preview window'
    2) When holding down the left mouse button to select an object, hold it for 2 or 3 seconds until the preview window goes away.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    edropus wrote: »
    I think I found what causes this.

When you first left-click on an object it gives you a 3D preview, and you can left-click on this 3D preview to rotate it around. While rotating your mouse disappears - just like when you get this bug.

What I think is happening is this: if you quickly grab an object and drag it onto the map while the 3D preview is up, and if you release the left mouse button while hovering over the 3D preview:

1) You drop the object onto the map
    2) The left click registers as a 'let me rotate the 3D preview' click, and the mouse is removed from the screen for 3D rotation
    3) Because you just dropped the object and released the mouse, the 3D preview window is removed from the screen

Thus leaving your mouse stranded in 3D 'preview mode' without an actual model to rotate.

You can avoid this two ways:

1) Make sure you place your object outside of the 'preview window'
    2) When holding down the left mouse button to select an object, hold it for 2 or 3 seconds until the preview window goes away.

Enjoy!

Yes, you're right. Quick explanation of how to avoid this annoying bug: When clicking and dragging your items onto your map, drag them AROUND the preview window....don't touch it! Do that, you're golden.
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • Options
    mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I found that if I simply press and hold for a few seconds before dragging, I avoid the bug.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4