test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power scaling vs main hand damage scaling

marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
edited May 2013 in The Temple
Hey guys, I'm putting this question out there for anyone with experience to answer.

Q. How well does your power attribute scale vs increased damage from your main hand?

Obviously not being 60 yet I haven't sat down to tinker with parses or anything but from basic observations I'm not feeling a big difference from power scaling. Yes it does affect our healing power but is it more beneficial while leveling to stack power and ignore base main hand dps?

I've been focusing more on crit and recovery while maintaining a balanced power/defense ratio due to the stats on certain items but am wondering if it detrimental to not be focusing on power.

At 40 I've been healing with (d)FF, AS, HW and either Sun Burst or Daunting Light (if I need more add clearing) and haven't felt weak at all. Last night we cleared Lair of the Mad Dragon as a four man team, we tried for a few hours the night before with a full team so that experience really helped.

I have no doubts things change at cap and am looking forward to the challenge of T2 dungeons but want to get my theory down ahead of time, please share your experiences on the matter, taking into account the need to dps while leveling.