test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

delays in skill use

oarkingoarking Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
i'm sure i'm not the only one, but i wanted to find out why it exists and if it's ever going to be fixed.

every skill, even just auto attacks, have to finish the entire animation before moving on to the next skill or target. i can result in anything from swinging into thin air 2-4 times, dodging and still taking damage, some gap-closer just not happening, or the tunnel vision animation happening but not moving from the original position. as a cleric i'll try to slide out of the way when i see the enemy charging up but nothing happens and i take full damage or i do slide but i am also knocked back and take full damage. as a guardian i'll get stuck in the block animation and unable to cast anything else, i'll block but still be knocked back or down, or i'll block and take full damage.

i can ignore it for the most part except in pvp, boss fights, or when everyone is relying on me to heal them. is this just something we have to live with?
Post edited by oarking on

Comments

• shroommageshroommage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sounds like you're dealing with lag, unfortunately. There isn't much you or anyone else can do other than learn to compensate for it.
  • oarkingoarking Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i didn't know how to check ping at the time but i just did and it's averaging 160 with very brief spikes of 200. that's above average from what i see in other games i've played, but well below what "bad" ping usually is, is neverwinter just ultra sensitive? i'm no stranger to mmos or "twitch" arena games.
  • mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this same issue and I know it's not my internet connection. I've only had this issue with this game.
    TEMPUS