test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ADDS in Dungeons - Example Dev Convo

124»

Comments

• Options
    vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Dev1 - We should add end game PVE content.
    Dev2 - *Gets all mobs (including bosses) to level62 scale...Adjust their stats...*

Done!

YO Dawg! We put adds in adds so you can kill adds while it spawn more adds
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just had this groundbreaking idea of a boss that spawns big adds that spawn medium adds that spawn small adds that spawn tiny adds that explode and deal huge area damage and knockback if not killed within 5 seconds. (the fight being in a platform where being knocked off it means death)
    I expect a position in the dev team of this game soon, yeah.
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You may be able to land a gig on the team if you wear a bicycle helmet in real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suspectdwesuspectdwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ddobs wrote: »
    My suggestion would be making the boss hard itself, with autohealing, rage after a while, knockbacks and heal.... Make the boss have some cool special abilities that makes it hard to kill him. Not a thousand adds per minute... There could be some adds but don't put them in all bosses all the time...

Support.

Getting tired of this, look at Kardunnax for example, he has like 9001 million health and spawns over 9000 adds per minute. It's frustrating as hell, also he repeats the same attack pattern which is nothing special. Fireballs, fire breath, swoop up, spawn adds.
  • Options
    reskalreskal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a little disappointed that there's so much hate directed at the developers. That sort of talk doesn't exactly inspire people to work on what you're suggesting. Keep it constructive, people.

That being said, I definitely agree with the idea that bosses themselves need to be more dangerous, and adds need to be less dangerous (and possibly non-existent on more fights).