test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UGC] Trading Reviews and feedback

hosierman1hosierman1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi Guys

I will test and leave feedback EVERY Foundry quest posted in this thread after the author has done the same to mine :)

My dungeon is called Trouble at "The Rock" and it is my first try at making content, I won't lie and say it is perfect and it is quite tough solo (but easily doable if you're smart with your pulls) the code is NW-DKCR8S6GH I'm really looking for honest feedback and love trying other foundry stuff out to see what you other authors have in store.

Look forward to checking out your stuff and reading your feedback :)

Hosey
Foundry quest NW-DKCR8S6GH
Trouble at "The Rock" please play and review if you have the time, thanks
Post edited by hosierman1 on

Comments

• runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Hosey,

I'd love to check it out first thing once servers are up. I don't have a Foundry Quest published yet - it'd be my first try as well - but I really want to support other authors as much as I possibly can.
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey mate, I'll make a point to check it out later today.. D
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check my sign for my quest :)
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • hosierman1hosierman1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    Cheers guys I'll crack on with these just as soon as the servers get back up
  • incendiarywaveincendiarywave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I shall get right on it when the servers get up. Will edit this post with feedback, and would appreciate feedback on my map too, it's in my signature :)
    The Storm Family Tale: Of Kobolds and a Woman
    NW-DGXUGRSN6
  • incendiarywaveincendiarywave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have just played - have some feedback for you:
    - Dialogue could do with running through a spellchecker, there are a few little mistakes here and there.
    - One of the mobs is called "Bossun" if you're wanting the seafaring term it's Bosun.
    - The vista behind the entrance to the island is blank, could do with just some rocks or islands or something?
    - The Buttercup area was extremely difficult because there are a ton of mobs in a tightly compacted space, and they aggro on you due to the "C" shape of the room.
    - The guards are saying "Thank you adventurer" before you rescue them.
    - The invisible object in front of the door is still named "Invisible Oblong 01"
    - The location of the chest isn't clear once you kill the final boss, one more "reach" objective would have been good to clear it up.

All that is pretty minor stuff that can be fixed though, so don't be disheartened! My biggest issue with it was that there were so many encounters in quick succession and in very little space that it felt like it was really slow progress. This may well just be a personal preference thing though, I just wanted to say it. Overall I enjoyed it, and though it was a good and for the most part fairly well balanced dungeon experience! Well done.
    The Storm Family Tale: Of Kobolds and a Woman
    NW-DGXUGRSN6
  • hosierman1hosierman1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    @incendiarywave I played through your quest, it was interesting and well made, I left a comment in th reviews about maybe making it easier to go to the last area, perhaps a side quest to a mark there or changing the text to "follow Ashleigh to Eldiras crypt" or something good job though I enjoyed it
    edited May 2013
    Have just played - have some feedback for you:
    - Dialogue could do with running through a spellchecker, there are a few little mistakes here and there.
    - One of the mobs is called "Bossun" if you're wanting the seafaring term it's Bosun.
    - The vista behind the entrance to the island is blank, could do with just some rocks or islands or something?
    - The Buttercup area was extremely difficult because there are a ton of mobs in a tightly compacted space, and they aggro on you due to the "C" shape of the room.
    - The guards are saying "Thank you adventurer" before you rescue them.
    - The invisible object in front of the door is still named "Invisible Oblong 01"
    - The location of the chest isn't clear once you kill the final boss, one more "reach" objective would have been good to clear it up.

All that is pretty minor stuff that can be fixed though, so don't be disheartened! My biggest issue with it was that there were so many encounters in quick succession and in very little space that it felt like it was really slow progress. This may well just be a personal preference thing though, I just wanted to say it. Overall I enjoyed it, and though it was a good and for the most part fairly well balanced dungeon experience! Well done.

Thank you so much for the feedback I have changed the Bosun's names around (probably should have looked that up before putting them in :P) and I have lessoned the Buttercup room mob difficulty slightly to try and make it more solo friendly :)
  • avaedanavaedan Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I would like to swap reviews. If you're feeling you need to add anything indepth to mine you can go to the forum page I have:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?215002-I-would-like-feedback-please

And would appreciate knowing your level and your opinion of it's difficulty.

The Code for mine is:

NW-DI68FUJKQ

Hope to hear from you soon. (I'll be playing yours shortly after posting this.)
  • runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello hosierman1-

As promised I played your quest. I took some notes while going through it. Here is what I came up with.

-Solo
    -19 Cleric
    -Clear time: about 45 minutes
    -Skipped monsters: 4 times
    -Potions used: 37
    -Deaths: 4
    -Difficulty: Hard
    -Encounters:
    >Severe mob stacking
    >Wish there were more "easy" mobs
    >Aggro from around corners, C-shaped rooms
    >Beginning intersection really packed with mobs
    >Seemingly constant back to back fighting
    >All melee seem to have knockback, not fun
    >Knocked back in rapid succession, actually got knocked up and stuck in ceiling
    -Lore/Story:
    >Thanks for the book of how the island got it's name and it's tie-in to Neverwinter
    >Could do with punctuation/spellcheck
    >I forgot to read the catalog description, but was able to grasp story
    -Feelings/Other notes:
    >"Thank god" when I had to fight an Oath and not a group of pirates
    >"Thank god" when the quest was over
    >The knockbacks are interesting at the very beginning, when you are at risk of being punted off the cliff
    >I wanted to skip any monster pack I could
    >I like the webbed room
    >Interaction with a door said, "Invisible Interactable Oblong Half 01"
    >I liked having to fight for the Respawn Points
    >Captain Roberts fight interesting combo with Oath
    >A pain to run back to an objective I missed
    >Linear
    >Feel sleepy after dungeon
    >Was using potion on cooldown
    >Buttercup room, I was nearly killed within a single second
    >Thanks for emergency exits, maybe make the bucket something else more obvious? Almost missed

I hope this list of notes helps you. I can elaborate on anything you'd like.
    Thanks for putting together this quest!
    edited May 2013
    runis12 wrote: »
    Hello hosierman1-

As promised I played your quest. I took some notes while going through it. Here is what I came up with.

-Solo
    -19 Cleric
    -Clear time: about 45 minutes
    -Skipped monsters: 4 times
    -Potions used: 37
    -Deaths: 4
    -Difficulty: Hard
    -Encounters:
    >Severe mob stacking
    >Wish there were more "easy" mobs
    >Aggro from around corners, C-shaped rooms
    >Beginning intersection really packed with mobs
    >Seemingly constant back to back fighting
    >All melee seem to have knockback, not fun
    >Knocked back in rapid succession, actually got knocked up and stuck in ceiling
    -Lore/Story:
    >Thanks for the book of how the island got it's name and it's tie-in to Neverwinter
    >Could do with punctuation/spellcheck
    >I forgot to read the catalog description, but was able to grasp story
    -Feelings/Other notes:
    >"Thank god" when I had to fight an Oath and not a group of pirates
    >"Thank god" when the quest was over
    >The knockbacks are interesting at the very beginning, when you are at risk of being punted off the cliff
    >I wanted to skip any monster pack I could
    >I like the webbed room
    >Interaction with a door said, "Invisible Interactable Oblong Half 01"
    >I liked having to fight for the Respawn Points
    >Captain Roberts fight interesting combo with Oath
    >A pain to run back to an objective I missed
    >Linear
    >Feel sleepy after dungeon
    >Was using potion on cooldown
    >Buttercup room, I was nearly killed within a single second
    >Thanks for emergency exits, maybe make the bucket something else more obvious? Almost missed

I hope this list of notes helps you. I can elaborate on anything you'd like.
    Thanks for putting together this quest!

Hi Runis12, thank you so much for trying my dungeon, I'm sorry you struggled through some of it though, I have renamed the door intractable and made the "C" room with buttercup easier for future players.
    I didn't really think the mobs were stacked too badly, and I did solo it through with a cleric (38), guardian (49), control wizard (13) and rogue (10) to make sure it was doable, the class I thought would really struggle is the GWF due to its lack of ranged pull mechanic, I haven't got around to testing one of those yet.
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey mate, I jumped in your quest, but right from the beginning I had to start guzzling potions so I aborted.

I'm a level 52 GWF - the map is tuned too hard for me.

If you want to make it easier I'll be happy to retest it, but will be too expensive for me to run this as it stands.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
    edited May 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Hey mate, I jumped in your quest, but right from the beginning I had to start guzzling potions so I aborted.

I'm a level 52 GWF - the map is tuned too hard for me.

If you want to make it easier I'll be happy to retest it, but will be too expensive for me to run this as it stands.

Hi Dzogen

Thanks for trying it at least I'm sorry you found it too difficult, I am aware it is a tough dungeon but I meant for that to be the case and I was worried about the GWF in particular due to the spacing of the mobs but for it to work as a challenging duo map it needs that I feel so I don't think I will change the difficulty just yet, it's a shame I don't have a character near your level otherwise i'd offer to duo it with you :(

thanks for trying it at least
    edited May 2013
    avaedan wrote: »
    Hey, I would like to swap reviews. If you're feeling you need to add anything indepth to mine you can go to the forum page I have:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?215002-I-would-like-feedback-please

And would appreciate knowing your level and your opinion of it's difficulty.

The Code for mine is:

NW-DI68FUJKQ

Hope to hear from you soon. (I'll be playing yours shortly after posting this.)

Hi Avaedan

I just played your map, very nice, surreal adventure. If I have one criticism it would be that there was a lot of running around empty space and back tracking but overall very good well done
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    man power -> manpower, in the first dialog. Some capitalization problems.
    press f to (default), lots of times
    Lots of hack/slash, but that's what you intended. Not a big problem for a solo level 11 TR, which is a killing machine, I had to use 4-5 minor pots. I could have run back to the campfires, but prefer to keep the killing momentum.
    I went into the spider area and killed the spiders, but couldn't get the key in there until later when the plot required it.
  • adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey all, feel free to use this site/form to log your reviews in a unified repository. It's just getting started, and pretty basic, but might be helpful. Let me know if it is or isn't. Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hJk-zx4CUq28hc5UyuF3oVP7ArkKC0y62XG06LobsE0/viewform
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    man power -> manpower, in the first dialog. Some capitalization problems.
    press f to (default), lots of times
    Lots of hack/slash, but that's what you intended. Not a big problem for a solo level 11 TR, which is a killing machine, I had to use 4-5 minor pots. I could have run back to the campfires, but prefer to keep the killing momentum.
    I went into the spider area and killed the spiders, but couldn't get the key in there until later when the plot required it.

Thanks for the feedback Kamalicious, I'll look in to the spider cave issue, I had noticed it did that before but it slipped my mind to fix it, I will fix it when i return from work tonight so that you cannot enter the spider cave until you have to find J.P and the key

thanks again, if you have any foundry quest you'd like me to review just say :)
  • haloferthhaloferth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, here's the link for my quest/ campaign. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?210141-A-Treacherous-Betrayal-(Foundry-Quest)&highlight=treacherous

NW-DTJWJHWXK

Would greatly appreciate some reviews, nobody seems to know it exists yet :D
    I will play yours and hopefully can make it through to review ^^
    edited May 2013
    haloferth wrote: »
    Hi, here's the link for my quest/ campaign. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?210141-A-Treacherous-Betrayal-(Foundry-Quest)&highlight=treacherous

NW-DTJWJHWXK

Would greatly appreciate some reviews, nobody seems to know it exists yet :D
    I will play yours and hopefully can make it through to review ^^

Good Luck :) I'm at work right now but will check yours out when I get home
    edited May 2013
    If anyone is interested I have started the process of re-balancing to make the encounters more balanced and enjoyable and more solo friendly at higher levels, it will still be on the tough side but I'm hoping I can get the balance right
  • haloferthhaloferth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! :) Appreciate it!