test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Talking to and then fighting NPC's

chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I have been creating a few encounters which occur as follows: -

Talk to NPC- NPC disappears- encounter with same skin appears- defeat encounter- encounter disappears- NPC reappears (injured)- talk again.

Or similarly with guards who assist you but with my NPC skins.

The problem I have is I can find no way to use the same skins (the unique ones I have created) for NPC's and encounters unless I create them twice. Am I missing something?
My new quest:

WIP
Post edited by chinspinner on

Comments

• Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you want to make the 2nd NPC have the same skin you should be pressing the button that allows you to select a whole skin (forgive me the name on the button is not coming to mind at the moment, it's the button next to "customize" which usually has the name of the current skin model on it).
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, make sure you're in Detail (not Layout) mode. You can't change the skin of an Encounter. You can only change the skin of a mob inside the Encounter, and you only see icons for the individual mob(s) when you're in Detail mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for replies but I am aware of both of the above. The issue is that I cannot give an encounter (or individual mob) one of my NPC skins, there is no option to do so. I end up having to recreate the whole thing, unless I am doing something wrong?
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    arkaininarkainin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also interested in an answer to this, I have seen this very thing done great in other quests.... just cannot seem to figure it out for my own
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    arkainin wrote: »
    I am also interested in an answer to this, I have seen this very thing done great in other quests.... just cannot seem to figure it out for my own

The actual mechanics of doing it are simple: -

NPC dialogue #1 (set NPC to disappear when dialogue completes).
    Set encounter with same skin to appear when dialogue # 1 completes and disappear when dead.
    Set new NPC with same skin to appear (injured if you like) when the encounter is defeated.
    NPC dialogue # 2
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I remember correctly, when you pull up the window for the mob itself, there should be a choice towards the middle of the mob info for Costume. When you click on that, make sure both of the check boxes are set to ALL (or ANY, can't remember offhand and Foundry is down for maintenance). All of the NPCs/Costumes you have created should be at the top of the list. This is the same way you can reskin any encounter with the monster look of your choice.
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If I remember correctly, when you pull up the window for the mob itself, there should be a choice towards the middle of the mob info for Costume. When you click on that, make sure both of the check boxes are set to ALL (or ANY, can't remember offhand and Foundry is down for maintenance). All of the NPCs/Costumes you have created should be at the top of the list. This is the same way you can reskin any encounter with the monster look of your choice.

The problem I am having is that the NPC and encounters seem to be two entirely unrelated lists, and the costumes I have created (which I have created in some detail so they are not easy to recreate) do not appear in both.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • Options
    visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for replies but I am aware of both of the above. The issue is that I cannot give an encounter (or individual mob) one of my NPC skins, there is no option to do so. I end up having to recreate the whole thing, unless I am doing something wrong?

yes your doing something wrong, and I bet it's something simple.
    when you set the map filter to "Detail" you should see the NPC of the encounter your trying to adjust, when you select it you should see an option where it tells you that NPCs costume, to the right of that is where it lets you customize that costume, DON'T CLICK CUSTOMIZE! click the option on the left the "costume" then that should open a window with a large list of available skins, if you don't have any "filter boxes" checked your custom skins should be at the top of the list (if you named "and know the name" of the skin you want to use just type it in the filter field and it should appear) then just left click it and click OK in the bottom right corner...then you should be all set!

P.S. all costumes you make are in the same list as all the other NPC Costumes...there is only one list for NPCs encounter or otherwise.
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    so... did you get it to work?

Edit: I guess so XD
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png