test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Renegade Burst Build

ararararararagiararararararagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
Renegade Burst Build [RBB]

This guide is the result of analyzing all of the popular CW builds, watching hours of gameplay of high-level play on streams, and getting advice from other players. This is probably similar to other Renegade builds, but I haven't found one that is exactly the same. The small improvements make a world of difference.

Little-Known Tip: Hold down your left click while doing encounters since when it's done casting your Magic Missile will glitch and behave as if it had been casting the entire time, doing bonus damage.

Race: Either Tiefling or Human. As Human put your extra feats in Prestidigitation.

Abilities: For Humans get +2 in int and go full int/cha. As Tiefling get +2 int +2 cha and add ability points to int & cha.

PvP Encounters: Ray of Enfeeblement in your Tab, Chill Strike, Shield, and Entangling Force.

Dailies: Ice Knife and Arcane Singularity

Class Features: Storm Spell and Eye of the Storm

Powers, pt. 1:
2TIcu.jpg

Part 2:
2TIcL.jpg

Feats:
2U8mM.jpg

This build will function fine in PvE but is mostly for PvP.

If you'd like to change your FOV use the following command: /gfxSetDefaultFOV XX where XX is your FOV. I suggest 70, the default seems to be around 55.

Hope this helps people out. Thanks for viewing. (PS: I accept any friend requests and I own a guild which is theorycrafting oriented on Beholder - Praelatus@ararararararagi)

Regards,
Praelatus
Post edited by ararararararagi on

Comments

• drezden117drezden117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the exact build i have al least with feats. As far as PVP goes which is all i really do the spells are spot on. Theres been several times that a rogue has got me to 30% and i turn and grip and just blow him up. With items i go power>crit>recovery. recovery also if i remember right reduces cooldowns on top of the health tick.
  • projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since Evocation (15% aoe) only works on half our aoe I'm guessing the heroic aoe feats are also meh. Haven't tested myself tho.

Also, I've found it extremely beneficial in T2 dungeons to have Arcane Singularity up as often as possible for boss fights so go max AP gain.

Cheers.
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • ararararararagiararararararagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, Evocation because the other Features aren't very good.

Storm Spell and Eye of the Storm are the best overall for PvP imo, while I use Evocation sometimes for PvE in place of Storm Spell.

Getting 1% of your action points when you cast a CC isn't worth the points at all to me, because you only have 4 skills overall and even if you had 4 CCs it wouldn't be worth it. The paragon feats are basically non-negotiable so I don't see what you mean by going max AP gain.
  • yummydownontheseyummydownonthese Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the fix to Learned Spellcasting, does that change the way you would distribute heroic points?
  • ararararararagiararararararagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah. I'd take it out of Focused Wizardry.
    edited May 2013
    Updated feats.
  • paulaumpaulaum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Updated feats.

hello okay?
    PVP status to which you prioritize?
    Critical Power Armor pen?

which it gets better because I was looking at the items level 60 PVP. and it is more focused and Recovery Power Armor Pen. this right so?

thank you
    edited May 2013
    Not entirely sure if I get what you're saying, but stat priority is:
    Power > Crit > Armor Pen
  • troopa85troopa85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is the best roll u can get as human, 18,12,16 or ?
    edited May 2013
    18 int (20 with the +2)
  • troopa85troopa85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well then u only get 13 charisma, it will be 20,13,13 is that better than 18,12,16 ?

I mean if int and charisma are the most important 18+16 is 34 and 20 +13 is only 33. So was thinking 18,12,16 might be better.
    edited May 2013
    Int is more important than charisma.
  • jendrynjendryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    I haven't actually played a CW ever before but instead was advised by a couple of knowledgeable CW friends.

Then please stop wasting everyone's time by trying to post a "build". Please leave CW discussion to people who actually play a CW.
    edited May 2013
    jendryn wrote: »
    Then please stop wasting everyone's time by trying to post a "build". Please leave CW discussion to people who actually play a CW.

If you would like to critique my build, then critique the build, not me. By quoting that I've never played CW you haven't accomplished anything besides putting the fact that you're a ****** on display. You haven't made any constructive criticism on the build.

There is no rule stating that you need to play CW to make a build for it, nor is there any reason whatsoever to assume you should be a CW to engage in a CW discussion. As I said- twice, at that - I was advised by multiple knowledgeable CWs. If they all agree that the build is good, what is wrong with posting it when I haven't personally played the class? You seem to think first-hand experience is the only method of attaining knowledge. You know that if you were to jump off a very high cliff you would die, but you don't need to have jumped off a cliff and died to know that. If you really do believe that one must experience something to be knowledgeable of it, then go ahead and test whether or not you'll survive jumping off of that high cliff.

I very much doubt that you will reply to this, but why are you so angry that I can make a decent CW build without ever playing the class? Some grudge lodged in that tiny intellect of yours? Buttmad over the fact that I can make a better build without even playing the class? Pick one, because you clearly can't come up with any faults with the build.

Also, please leave build discussion to people who actually make builds. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
  • insanableinsanable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would you suggest power or crit gems in the offensive slots?
  • yummydownontheseyummydownonthese Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At 60 the consensus so far seems to be get 3,000 crit and recovery and then focus solely on power. That's just for now since no one seems to know much about Armor Penetration. This means that if you have a Cat or Ioun pet you will put crit/recovery in your gear until you're NEAR 3k and put power in the rest of the slots and in your pet slots. This way when you PvE you don't go over that 3,000 mark too much in crit/recovery.
  • drunkbumdrunkbum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At 60 the consensus so far seems to be get 3,000 crit and recovery and then focus solely on power. That's just for now since no one seems to know much about Armor Penetration. This means that if you have a Cat or Ioun pet you will put crit/recovery in your gear until you're NEAR 3k and put power in the rest of the slots and in your pet slots. This way when you PvE you don't go over that 3,000 mark too much in crit/recovery.

ok so if crit/recovery is where its at how come almost all of the pvp and pve gear is power/recovery?
    edited May 2013
    Probably to give people variety. I would hate to be forced to spec a certain way because they don't offer an alternative or a way to enhance gear towards your desired play style (GW2 is a good example of why that's bad). There's different sets of gear for people who prefer to play different ways. If you couldn't get your hand on a set with inherent crit stats, all you'd have to do is stack crit in your gear.
  • giffen2giffen2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the fix to Learned Spellcasting, does that change the way you would distribute heroic points?

I keep hearing about this feat being fixed...does anyone have a link to the information I didn't see anything in patch notes. Also what does the feat do then if it's fixed? +5% total damage?
  • tooonetwotooonetwo Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    If you would like to critique my build, then critique the build, not me. By quoting that I've never played CW you haven't accomplished anything besides putting the fact that you're a ****** on display. You haven't made any constructive criticism on the build.

There is no rule stating that you need to play CW to make a build for it, nor is there any reason whatsoever to assume you should be a CW to engage in a CW discussion. As I said- twice, at that - I was advised by multiple knowledgeable CWs. If they all agree that the build is good, what is wrong with posting it when I haven't personally played the class? You seem to think first-hand experience is the only method of attaining knowledge. You know that if you were to jump off a very high cliff you would die, but you don't need to have jumped off a cliff and died to know that. If you really do believe that one must experience something to be knowledgeable of it, then go ahead and test whether or not you'll survive jumping off of that high cliff.

I very much doubt that you will reply to this, but why are you so angry that I can make a decent CW build without ever playing the class? Some grudge lodged in that tiny intellect of yours? Buttmad over the fact that I can make a better build without even playing the class? Pick one, because you clearly can't come up with any faults with the build.

Also, please leave build discussion to people who actually make builds. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

wow you're kind of a prick dude. He probably took one look at your guide and rolled his eyes. Considering you gave no reasoning behind your choices it's obviously going to be looked at as just some know it all clown who doesn't know what he's on about.

With that build:

you'll be running around with eye of the storm as your active and only have 2 points in it.

You will be giving yourself a 5% buff to ONLY intelligence and neglecting the 3% buff to your ENTIRE teams STATS.

you'll be investing 5 feats into a skill that has 15% chance of knocking all classes back, but remaining in attack range.

You will be gaining about 1k+ HP at the cost of gaining AP quicker.

You will be investing feats into AoE damage and wont slot any AoE damage spells besides shield, but then why even have a shield? If you're using singularity for damage over ice knife then you're doing it wrong.

You will be taking shield over repel which is arguably the best CC move in PvP...

You basically wasted 10 feats, didn't invest (or even mention) a single point into arcane presence (with an arcane power build slotted) and provided zero insight as to why these skills were chosen by you. All in all I would give it a 3/10
    The small improvements make a world of difference.

Yes they actually do, so go back and read those guides, so you can improve this one because the only thing you copied correctly is the part where it goes into the renegade tree...
    edited May 2013
    tooonetwo wrote: »
    wow you're kind of a prick dude. He probably took one look at your guide and rolled his eyes. Considering you gave no reasoning behind your choices it's obviously going to be looked at as just some know it all clown who doesn't know what he's on about.

With that build:

you'll be running around with eye of the storm as your active and only have 2 points in it.

You will be giving yourself a 5% buff to ONLY intelligence and neglecting the 3% buff to your ENTIRE teams STATS.

you'll be investing 5 feats into a skill that has 15% chance of knocking all classes back, but remaining in attack range.

You will be gaining about 1k+ HP at the cost of gaining AP quicker.

You will be investing feats into AoE damage and wont slot any AoE damage spells besides shield, but then why even have a shield? If you're using singularity for damage over ice knife then you're doing it wrong.

You will be taking shield over repel which is arguably the best CC move in PvP...

You basically wasted 10 feats, didn't invest (or even mention) a single point into arcane presence (with an arcane power build slotted) and provided zero insight as to why these skills were chosen by you. All in all I would give it a 3/10

Yes they actually do, so go back and read those guides, so you can improve this one because the only thing you copied correctly is the part where it goes into the renegade tree...

If he had done that he would have criticized the build, not gotten mad about me not playing CW and commenting ONLY on that. I'm a prick to those who are likewise. If he had actually wanted to do something constructive he would have given examples of things to change or improve on, which he didn't. This isn't a guide. It's a build. Builds are a matter of situation and preference and it is the users prerogative to reason out whether the build is going to be the type he would benefit from using. Ergo the user should be at least knowledgeable enough to have a tiny bit of initiative before using any build. If you'd like an analysis of all of the CW skills then look for a guide.

The calculator I used is glitched and has 1 less point than it should. I forgot to put the forewarning in this one about how you should put it in EoTS. So it is in fact 3/3.

In order of criticisms after the Eye of the Storm one -
    1. No longer true.
    2. No longer true.
    3. 9% of your HP vs. 6% faster action point gain while attacking a controlled target. Only on controlled targets. So maybe 6% more action point gain 50% of the time give or take. Not worth it.
    4. No longer true.
    5. Shield will do the job almost as well and gives you a 10% damage resist, +20% damage, and +2% push buff. If you're against a team with more TRs than usual than you can use it, since you are specced in it. By posting a build I'm not giving divine word and commanding everyone to use only what I tell them to. Initiative is needed. Changing encounters on the fly is a must if you want to do well in PvP.(This may be in fact 15% resist, 30% damage, and 3% push, but I'm not sure.)
    6. No longer true, don't need it whatsoever, and this isn't a guide. It's a build. You need to have the knowledge to determine whether this fits you. I'm not doing an analysis of CW.

Overall I'd review your review as 60% no longer relevant(as I updated the feats last night), 30% useless anger spewing, and 10% helpful.

Thanks for at least giving criticism rather than getting angry and raging about how- owait you are pretty angry. Never mind.

You have no basis whatsoever for saying that I've copied anything. The entire build was done in calculators and the only time my build was ever directly influenced by another was when they gave reasons on why one encounter was better or other stuff. Nothing actually related to the powers or feats. If you want to troll and assert baseless garbage then go to general discussion and do it there.
    edited May 2013
    Why did I let myself get dragged into this...

OK here we go.

I am glad I could be 10% helpful in changing 10 points out of 50, but I thought 1/5 was 20%. Maybe math is the problem with this build... Feel free to add me to credits for providing you with this info. Or you could just label me as somebody who spews anger because that's cool too.

I don't even know what you mean by reviewing my review, but pretty sure you need a third party for that to avoid bias and all.

When I said you copied other builds it's because you did. You haven't actually played a CW yourself, so you asked other CW's what works and just copied their thoughts/builds, bunched them up and somewhere along the line you got a bit overzealous...

I understand it's just a build, but know that without justification of your choices it holds no water. A guide is more about play styles, multiple build options, gear and such. Even though a build is pretty straight forward it should still be paired with an explanation as to why because after all we're not discussing item builds, we're discussing a skill tree build that cost $6.oo to change or around 100k AD's if you just change the feats.

Also you might want to take those 5 points you took out of knock back and put them into snap freeze because it's 20% more damage on your cold nukes.

It was a good try, but it shoudl have been tagged with Discuss in the title because new players don't need to be seeing this and having to blow $6.oo on a respec or all of their AD's on feats. If not for that I would've ignored this thread completely. Anyways man I am done discussing this with you because I don't like your know it all attitude and you obviously have no clue how to build a CW. This tutorial is now over due to bad personality. Have a wonderful day.
    edited May 2013
    If you'd like to take credit then you are entitled to do so, at least in your mind. I made a CW and refined the build quite a while ago, then updated the stats here. Not your doing at all. From copying to claiming responsibility, now? Please refrain from the baseless assertions, have I not said this before?

I did not ask them which feats or powers to spec in. I asked them which stats are worthwhile, how they fared with certain powers, and got whatever data that wasn't in the feat calcs from them. I created the build, shared that with my friends and got critique then refined it around 5 times. You can't copy a thought, nor did I simply spec into what they told me to. Not once did I ask what to spec in. You're still trying to defend that little filth of yours but it's simply impossible. You knew you had no reason to say it at the time and still know it. I don't have to play a CW to find out what works and what has the highest dmg bonus mathematically when specced into. I do not have to roll a CW, get the char to 60, then do some PvE/PvP to know that x%dmg is higher than y% dmg. I got a bit overzealous? How so?

A build is the bare minimum. Especially when it's a PvP build, the feat/power descriptions should suffice as explanation. It's obvious enough. If you would like a justification then find one of the myriad of CW analyses and go from there. It's not very complicated. Doesn't matter how much it is, in fact it means even less since it costs so much, since you should be spending time looking at analyses before you even start speccing.

They don't have to blow anything - you went on your rant, came back and realized everything you'd said was for no reason whatsoever, and now somehow think the build is ruined and everyone needs to respec. Bullocks. If you and your friend had not initially come in here and started spewing your vitriolic garbage I would not have started doing likewise. If you want to review or criticize a build constructively, do so without getting angry and frothing at the mouth mid-way through.
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what I can say to people like you that just cannot take a criticism well and have such a negative attitude, so this is my final post here.
    If you'd like to take credit then you are entitled to do so, at least in your mind. I made a CW and refined the build quite a while ago, then updated the stats here. Not your doing at all. From copying to claiming responsibility, now? Please refrain from the baseless assertions, have I not said this before?

I advised you to take 5 points out of knockback, put 3 points into prestidigation, take 3 points out of wizard's wrath, put 5 points into snap freeze all of which you did. I also said you shoudl refine a few more things, but you chose to ignore that because you don't agree. That is fine, but don't act like this is what you originally proposed when you know you took my advice and switched up 1/5 of your feats if not more. I simply forgot your original build that contradicted itself with AoE buffs and not having any real AoE damage for powers, so no idea how much of it you actually changed.

I don't have to play a CW to find out what works and what has the highest dmg bonus mathematically when specced into. I do not have to roll a CW, get the char to 60, then do some PvE/PvP to know that x%dmg is higher than y% dmg. I got a bit overzealous? How so?

I agree 75% with this, but the fact remains that your original build was set up wrong because you weren't thorough enough when you ran the numbers, hence the overzealous comment. You would need extensive experience with a CW to understand the animations, combo times and how to maximize your damage output. Even that aside you still had your feats wrong when pertaining to the numbers game. You had an AoE feat path without even having any AoE damage, so yeah I think it was a premature build because your Y%dmg was much lower than what it should've been because your feats lacked synergy with your powers. Hence the reason you changed it after my comment... I honestly feel like I did the math for you, oh wait, I did...
  • zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So many things that made me go...what?

-Eye of the storm only at rank 2, and its your main feature...?
    -Maelstrom of chaos is pretty darn pointless. If your "pvp" dailies are AS and IK, that won't change much in dungeons. Oh look here, points to max out eye of the storm with.
    -Difference between a lvl 60 CW with 6% hp feats vs 0% hp feats: roughly 1k difference. For me that is a matter of 22k vs 21k. Pointless. Chances of surviving with 1k hp as a CW in pvp: rare to non-existent.
    -What exactly were you expecting to achieve with icy terrain? Its a joke in PVP, and only specialized frost builds would use it in dungeons. Either 1 or 0 points.
    -The only use for storm pillar is to charge your action bar outside of combat. Unless higher levels charge the bar faster, you just need it at 1.
  • vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zellista wrote: »

-Maelstrom of chaos is pretty darn pointless. If your "pvp" dailies are AS and IK, that won't change much in dungeons. Oh look here, points to max out eye of the storm with.
    -Difference between a lvl 60 CW with 6% hp feats vs 0% hp feats: roughly 1k difference. For me that is a matter of 22k vs 21k. Pointless. Chances of surviving with 1k hp as a CW in pvp: rare to non-existent.
    -What exactly were you expecting to achieve with icy terrain? Its a joke in PVP, and only specialized frost builds would use it in dungeons. Either 1 or 0 points.
    -The only use for storm pillar is to charge your action bar outside of combat. Unless higher levels charge the bar faster, you just need it at 1.

Maelstrom of Chaos is actually really **** good, I am pretty sure it can do one of the following; it can stun bosses interrupting their red circle ability which means party DPS increases from not having to move or it can stun things like fire giants which are normally un-CCable.

But since we're talking about this guy's trash PvP build I'll give it some defense. Maelstrom of Chaos deals AoE damage but more to the point it renders you immune to CC , stuns, knocks people forwards (it brings people closer to the center some times or .. it knocks them away, either or really as it solely depends on where their position was before it strikes), and reduces damage intake by what 'feels' like 90%. That means you can bait rogues into and the like into burning dailies or whatever encounter powers on you without worry.

So depending on the situation you may switch out AS for MoC. I only use Ice Knife and MoC on that note.
  • kimosami8kimosami8 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Solid build for pvp
    edited May 2013
    tooonetwo wrote: »
    I agree 75% with this, but the fact remains that your original build was set up wrong because you weren't thorough enough when you ran the numbers, hence the overzealous comment. You would need extensive experience with a CW to understand the animations, combo times and how to maximize your damage output. Even that aside you still had your feats wrong when pertaining to the numbers game. You had an AoE feat path without even having any AoE damage, so yeah I think it was a premature build because your Y%dmg was much lower than what it should've been because your feats lacked synergy with your powers. Hence the reason you changed it after my comment... I honestly feel like I did the math for you, oh wait, I did...

So "hours of gameplay of high-level play on streams" doesn't = acquiring data on animations, combo times, and damage output? Actually getting your friends who have 60s of the class to spec your build and see how it works out opposed to their prior builds doesn't count as acquiring that type of data?

Stop spamming about how you think you've done everything. Your comment was at minimum 12 hours late. Once the first troll posted his comment on not making builds if you haven't played CW I did another couple rounds of releasing, getting critique, and refining and posted the updated feats around midnight. When I posted the new feats your comment was not there. Went to sleep and woke up with your comment about how all of the feats that weren't even specced in were terrible. You wasted your time and you still are.

Had your first comment actually consisted of more than 50% criticism I would have taken it as helpful rather than an attempted troll. The fact that you're still here trying to take credit is evidence enough of your motivation here. Also what happened to "I'm done discussing this with you"? Get too mad to control yourself? Honestly, forum trolls really need to get better at their job. When you're trying to get other people mad you probably shouldn't be getting rabid yourself. I suggest taking a couple of deep breaths, looking at the entire situation for a good while and letting it sift through your very muddled brain. Hopefully you will realize that you wouldn't be posting right now if you weren't upset.
    edited May 2013
    zellista wrote: »

If you had read the Forewarning you wouldn't be confused. The skill calculator is missing a point. Therefore when you get in game and start speccing powers, you'll be left with one. That goes in Eye of the Storm.

Since I don't need any more points in EotS, your comment on Maelstrom is sort of irrelevant as those are extra points and MoC is decent.

The difference between a lvl 60 CW with +6% HP and +0% hp is 6% HP. It's virtually 6% more survivability no matter how you look at it, as opposed to 4% more Action Points about 50% of the time. So around 2% extra action point gain.

There's not much else to put points in. It seems your entire comment sort of hinges on EotS being 2/3 when it really isn't.

The amount of power points you get an excess of is quite ridiculous.

On that note, it would seem the creator of the calculator finally fixed it. Updating powers.
  • zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    Maelstrom of Chaos is actually really **** good, I am pretty sure it can do one of the following; it can stun bosses interrupting their red circle ability which means party DPS increases from not having to move or it can stun things like fire giants which are normally un-CCable.

But since we're talking about this guy's trash PvP build I'll give it some defense. Maelstrom of Chaos deals AoE damage but more to the point it renders you immune to CC , stuns, knocks people forwards (it brings people closer to the center some times or .. it knocks them away, either or really as it solely depends on where their position was before it strikes), and reduces damage intake by what 'feels' like 90%. That means you can bait rogues into and the like into burning dailies or whatever encounter powers on you without worry.

So depending on the situation you may switch out AS for MoC. I only use Ice Knife and MoC on that note.
    Interesting comment on MoC. Since I still have 3 power points left to use, I shall dump them on MoC to see just how good it is. Unfortunately, like with all the other storm skills, it seems to not benefit from evocation/aoe feats, so the damage is rather lackluster at the moment. I shall try it out in pvp later (singularity seems too good to swap out for MoC imo).

If you had read the Forewarning you wouldn't be confused. The skill calculator is missing a point. Therefore when you get in game and start speccing powers, you'll be left with one. That goes in Eye of the Storm.

Since I don't need any more points in EotS, your comment on Maelstrom is sort of irrelevant as those are extra points and MoC is decent.

The difference between a lvl 60 CW with +6% HP and +0% hp is 6% HP. It's virtually 6% more survivability no matter how you look at it, as opposed to 4% more Action Points about 50% of the time. So around 2% extra action point gain.

There's not much else to put points in. It seems your entire comment sort of hinges on EotS being 2/3 when it really isn't.

The amount of power points you get an excess of is quite ridiculous.

On that note, it would seem the creator of the calculator finally fixed it. Updating powers.
    Ah okay, that changes a lot of things.

So...why not 1/5 controlling action and 3/3 toughness? If you have already concluded that the 6% HP is a lot more useful than 4% extra AP gain on controlled targets, why not put in another point for a whopping 9% hp instead? This seems very strange based on your arguments.

On the other hand, I am of believe that you should be going for a thaumaturge build rather than a renegade one if you are mainly concerned with PVP, thanks to the extra 15% mitigation reduction on COI via assailing force.