test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do we know anything about upcoming classes?

jrkh8er200jrkh8er200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've heard "warlock," I've heard "archer rogue," I've heard "ranger" - do we know anything, or is it just rumors and speculation as to what's coming soon (or at all)? I'm liking my Control Wizard, but honestly... I just don't feel like a wizard unless I'm throwing fire and lightning. Might set this game aside until a Destruction Wizard is released or something.
Post edited by jrkh8er200 on

Comments

• thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Archer Rogue and Scourge Warlock are pretty much confirmed. There is data in the game files showing they exist. Also, this http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3033/warlockk.jpg
  • jrkh8er200jrkh8er200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, good to know. Might be interested in the Warlock.

Still, I'll definitely be a lot more interested in this game once I can toss chain lightning and drop a fireball or two.
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the question is WHEN it will be added

no one cares if its gonna be added 3+ months later, by then ppl will have gotten bored of the game already
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »
    the question is WHEN it will be added

no one cares if its gonna be added 3+ months later, by then ppl will have gotten bored of the game already

U mad bro?
  • demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thehadriel wrote: »
    Archer Rogue and Scourge Warlock are pretty much confirmed. There is data in the game files showing they exist. Also, this http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3033/warlockk.jpg

I really, really hope that we will get an archer as the next class. But shouldn't it be Archer Ranger?
  • hmjemhmjem Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $20 and we'll tell you about the class but youre under NDA and cant tell anyone else

-Neverwinter
  • cigarancigaran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really, really hope that we will get an archer as the next class. But shouldn't it be Archer Ranger?

And force all the Drizzt clones to realize that Ranger can do something other than dual wield? Perish the thought...
    4th edition is to D&D as The Spirits Within is to Final Fantasy.

Account retired August 22, 2013. May Perfect World choke on the exploited Nightmare mounts.
  • xydrelxydrel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea, I would really like to know when as well. I am playing the CW but I for sure want something geared more towards DPS. I hope they give us an update on when very soon.
  • acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013

It'll be Archer Ranger, since IIRC that's a 4th Edition variant on the Ranger. I don't think there's such a thing as "Archer Rogue". That's what the stuff in the game files seems to confirm.
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acylion wrote: »
    It'll be Archer Ranger, since IIRC that's a 4th Edition variant on the Ranger. I don't think there's such a thing as "Archer Rogue". That's what the stuff in the game files seems to confirm.

Sorry to burst your bubbles but it's "Melee Ranger" not Archer Ranger due to mod/dev
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • petehepetehe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A few things I think are necessary to make this a decent d&d game- Paladins and Rangers. A Monk class would also be cool. I always rolled a monk in pen & paper d&d. Also it would be cool to have some sort of multiclassing or prestige classing mechanic although I understand if that's not feasible due to mmo balance issues etc.

One other little bugbear I have with this, is the tiefling race. Tieflings, as I understand, are meant to be plane 'touched' - as in mostly of the prime material plane, with some sort of other-worldly heritage. The tieflings in this though just look like flat out demons, with very little prime plane heritage. If they ever add in Aasimar or Genasi as playable races, by the current tiefling standard they'll just be flat out elementals or archangels. Which is silly.
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acylion wrote: »

In pnp, rogues can make great archers, probably with some variant of the crossbow. They can be pretty popular builds and tend to be the hidden sniper type.

If the devs were to bring out another type of rogue, I think it would make a very interesting option.
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    inb4 bow damage op because they shoot arrows.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...