test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogue OP in pvp?

enyceckk101enyceckk101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
They do massive amount of damage. Rogue usually kills me within 2 shots. I'm lvl 60 CW with full pvp gears.

Anyone experience this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by enyceckk101 on

Comments

• watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmm first time hearing of this...interesting
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't talk for level 60 but yeah before that they are really out of hand, maybe it will change but when I meet a geared rogue it's almost impossible to stay alive even in 1 v 1
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogue is the only pure striker in the game. They do their only job well.

And no, I do not and have never played a TR.
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lol rogues aren't op, only against bads.

U want an op class? Try cw lol. Can down u from 100-0 in a few seconds and they have amazing survivability unlike rogue
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »

U want an op class? Try cw lol. Can down u from 100-0 in a few seconds and they have amazing survivability

He said bads. He must know what he's talking about. His name says so.
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogue, even at level 60, does literally double the damage of any other class on a single target. If that's not OP, I don't know what is and don't know of any other MMO where a "striker" class does double the damage. It doesn't help that they even have a stun, preventing you from using any skills during that time. So, yes Rogue is OP and the reason there are so many players playing Rogue.
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A quick note on rogue, their stealth is timed based and from using sun burst I am pretty sure it fails if you catch them in an AoE. As for the Daze attack (Dazing Strike) it isn't instant and so maybe avoidable (I haven't test yet as I wasn't aware that it wasn't instant initially, the rogue will jump into the air for a second or two before the hit actually lands). I think the biggest problem is that this combat is still fairly new and people are still learning how classes work, in my opinion it's still too early to declare any class as OPed or unbalanced.
  • heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They do massive amount of damage. Rogue usually kills me within 2 shots. I'm lvl 60 CW with full pvp gears.

Anyone experience this?

If you're dying to Rogues as a control wizard in full PVP gear, you're doing it wrong. Control Wizards completely dominate everyone at level 60...
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What about Betty White. Does she PVP at lv. 60 OP?
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »

U want an op class? Try cw lol. Can down u from 100-0 in a few seconds and they have amazing survivability unlike rogue

So you are a TR that can't kill CW's. That's pretty sad.
  • endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    If you're dying to Rogues as a control wizard in full PVP gear, you're doing it wrong. Control Wizards completely dominate everyone at level 60...

Very interesting. I didn't realize that a CW (Or anyone for that matter) could live a Lashing Blade + Shocking Execution combo.

Especially when a TR can stealth from outside any classes range and close the gap instantly.

Both classes have their advantages.
  • cosmiqueonecosmiqueone Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    oh-look-its-this-thread-again-anime-girl-vbnRG7.jpg
    "Note to self, when magic fails attempt science".
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    inb4 my class better than your class cuz...
  • mickst3rmickst3r Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol a rogue cannot kill a CW in 2 hits... that is just absolute BS.
    My 60 Rogue specced with max crit items and execution could not do this, nor can any others that I have seen.
    I can kill a CW easily as that is the main point of rolling a rogue, to kill squishies like CW or clerics, but no1 can kill them in 2 hits, even if I am critting on my skills such as lashing blade or execution combos.

If you use your dodge you could stay alive much longer, not to mention the unlimited amount of CC snares and stuns that you have you could very likely beat an unskilled rogue (95% of the playerbase).
  • chinohatechinohate Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Drop decoy and hide all game. You can't even protect a flag. What a troll class xD
  • vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    This topic is something I've never seen before and very insightful. Thank you OP.
  • kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dangit, every class is OP. It's with one who uses them. I already encountered Guardians, CW, and Clerics. You can't kill them that easily.
    edited May 2013
    Just wait until a bow class comes out. Then, everyone's going to say too much range dps is stupid and to nerf it.
  • drachemitfahredrachemitfahre Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm only level 19 and amazed how much damage a lowly Rogue can put out
  • korden1korden1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm only level 19 and amazed how much damage a lowly Rogue can put out

WELL, look at this. I am a 20k gs pvp player, I WAS FULL LIFE AND 1 ROGUE ONE-SHOTTED ME!!!!!! Here is the log.

vg0dxz.png

Maybe is better to repeat: i was FULL LIFE and I was ONE SHOTTED in a single ability. What kind of pvp can allow THIS??
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow....S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-SUPER NECRO. Over 1.5 years......
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow....S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-SUPER NECRO. Over 1.5 years......
    0ea252ec_113727d1194053211-es300-a-c-or-cabin-filter-change-97-01-holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg
    va8Ru.gif
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014

Anyone experience this?

You don't say...
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Rogues OP again!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Return ye to the grave, vile undead thread, I command thee in the name of Kelemvor!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.