test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do u down mad dragon?

muzlibmuzlib Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok so I am on like group number 6 trying to kill this guy

The problem is our cleric aggros the adds instantly and I cant keep up ( i am the tank)
and people just start dying left and right

tried this thing like a million times and its just not going - I dont know if the people that I am running with are just
plain out stupid and they dont cc the adds enough or focus fire the witches or if I as a tank need to not tank the
dragon and just tank adds
Post edited by muzlib on

Comments

• rifiellrifiell Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay I'll see if I can help you. I'm a Guardian Fighter and I beat it on my second try with a group of 4 Control Wizards and no healer. The CWs took all the adds while I dealt with the dragon and slowly killed it. Keep the 4K healing pots ready because you'll need them for when you get hit by some adds that get through. the dragon is actually fairly harmless once you start understanding his attacks, you can just block them or move. I also had a cleric companion who died sometimes but I would rez her because she helped a bit, but I don't think I needed her. Not sure how to do it with a cleric in the team though.
  • muzlibmuzlib Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any way to do it with like a que group of 2 rogues 1 cleric tank - etc

seems like the dps never burn down the adds fast enough and everyone is running around with their heads cut off
  • jaybee1jaybee1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did it in a group with a GWF, two wizards and a trickster with me as the cleric; the wizards focused on the boss while the melee guys stayed with me killing the adds.

Similar to that red dragon fight at around 56 - the dragon bosses just does those red area attacks so you can focus on the adds that keep spawning while doing dps to him when you can. As a Cleric both fights made my buttons hurt since the aggro healing does in this game is ridiculous.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muzlib wrote: »
    Is there any way to do it with like a que group of 2 rogues 1 cleric tank - etc

seems like the dps never burn down the adds fast enough and everyone is running around with their heads cut off

Tank or other one grabs aggro on dragon and kits it. Every one else focuses on adds, focus fire on one at a time and they go down fast. Don't dps dragon until adds are gone, then dps him. Once adds pop back up, repeat. Having anyone dps dragon too much just brings out more adds, and then the adds don't go down fast enough. Having people on different adds means the big ones don't go down fast enough. Any group make up should be able to do it, just work as a team and focus.
  • romta3romta3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the distinct displeasure of trying to kill this guy earlier today as well. Group comp was 3 rogues (one was me), a tank, and cleric...the first time we charged in, probably all thinking it would run as smoothly as the rest of the run, and by the time all was said and done there were 4 wizards and like 3 melee dudes and a few of the small demons up. So we decided to try and focus the adds more this time as that seemed to be the problem. Well within a minute the tank (lvl 30) was dead, and I had the aggro the rest of the fight, so I decided to focus on the boss while trying to entrust the adds to the rest. I eventually got the boss to half life by the time the adds overwhelmed everyone else, but the point is that this fight seems insanely overtuned. Not only does the boss cast not 1, but 3 AoEs, those AoEs leave poison fields for like 5 seconds, making melee on the boss difficult at best, and sometimes maneuvering the adds out of the ranged poisons can be fairly difficult as well.

Overall this fight is the least melee friendly I have seen thus far, and is by far the most overtuned fight I've seen in quite sometime...
  • karandordaockarandordaoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Every fight in this game I've seen so far: KILL THE ADDS FIRST

That is the strategy for every fight. The strange thing is I actually find it quite enjoyable, and I'm a cleric.
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    phase 1. run around, phase 2. dodge attacks, phase 3. damage a lot, phase 4. run some more, phase 5. ????, phase 6. win dungeon
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...