test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Sprint is underrated (video guide included)

keepitmethodkeepitmethod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hey guys I have seen some talk about how GWF sprint (shift) ability is worthless and it doesn't do the things that the other classes shift ability does. This is true to some degree, but i think that a lot of people under value their sprint and use it incorrectly.

The value of sprint is that it cancels the animations of not only your at wills, but also some of your encounter powers, what makes this better is that while sprinting you have full control over your character as if you where in a neutral stance. So in reality sprint is the only shift skill in the game that could in fact increase your dmg output.

Here is a video that i made explaining some of the things you can do with sprint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1D_zhKxl0s

At the end of the video i demonstrate a bug that affects Roar and how to keep it off cool down 100%
Post edited by keepitmethod on

Comments

• kineticv3kineticv3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they think Sprint is underrated then they aren't caring about combat advantage IMO. I sprint constantly just to get behind a target/avoid AoEs. Also- it's great mobility inside dungeons that you can't mount up in.
  • idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You found a Roar exploit and decided to share it with everyone?

Anyways, back on subject. Sprint is fun, sprinting THROUGH a GF and slamming my hilt into the back of his unshielded neck was priceless, but has serious flaws regardless. While sprinting you can still be CC'ed, and HURT. While dodge, you are basically immune to whatever was hitting you at the time, even DAILIES can be dodged. Additionally, what does Slow do to dodging? Nothing, they can still dodge, but sprinting is wrecked with Slowing effects. When people brag about 1-2 shotting others, dodging even a single attack can be life or death. I'd like to see Sprinting explored a little more, perhaps have 'X' effects when using certain skills WHILE sprinting, or give a natural Deflect/dodge chance without having to spend points into it.
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah honestly, I am not saying sprint is completely worthless but if you think its on par with block or dodge...really...no. The amount of extra dps sprint can give you is negligible but the survival ability of block or dodge vs sprint is quite large. Whether measured in pve or pvp, there is no way sprint can measure up to block or dodge.
  • idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone ever done a race with sprint VS like, triple blinking wizards? One thing it CAN do... is get you to that HP potion in pvp before your enemy does. This has lead to some HILARIOUS scenes. but other times, even with sprint, i couldnt catch someone else before they got to it. Its good for Combat Advantage positioning, in short bursts.
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone ever done a race with sprint VS like, triple blinking wizards? One thing it CAN do... is get you to that HP potion in pvp before your enemy does. This has lead to some HILARIOUS scenes. but other times, even with sprint, i couldnt catch someone else before they got to it. Its good for Combat Advantage positioning, in short bursts.

Gonna refute this scenario because the CW will either snare you, root you, or knock you away before you reach the potion. If they don't do any of those, then they are terrible and you can probably wipe the floor with them even if they did get the potion.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    epixcomix wrote: »
    Yeah honestly, I am not saying sprint is completely worthless but if you think its on par with block or dodge...really...no. The amount of extra dps sprint can give you is negligible but the survival ability of block or dodge vs sprint is quite large. Whether measured in pve or pvp, there is no way sprint can measure up to block or dodge.

Yup I totally agree.

I love the mobillity of my sprint but its nowhere as potential as a trickster dodge/CW blink done correctly.

Sprint isnt good enough sorry. Not in pve, nor pvp.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
    edited May 2013
    Gonna refute this scenario because the CW will either snare you, root you, or knock you away before you reach the potion. If they don't do any of those, then they are terrible and you can probably wipe the floor with them even if they did get the potion.

Its just in terms of getting there fastest, on the canyon map with the bridge you can approach from different angles and really dash out for it at the last minute, or you're behind the CW and run past him and ninja the potion.
  • keepitmethodkeepitmethod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You found a Roar exploit and decided to share it with everyone?

Anyways, back on subject. Sprint is fun, sprinting THROUGH a GF and slamming my hilt into the back of his unshielded neck was priceless, but has serious flaws regardless. While sprinting you can still be CC'ed, and HURT. While dodge, you are basically immune to whatever was hitting you at the time, even DAILIES can be dodged. Additionally, what does Slow do to dodging? Nothing, they can still dodge, but sprinting is wrecked with Slowing effects. When people brag about 1-2 shotting others, dodging even a single attack can be life or death. I'd like to see Sprinting explored a little more, perhaps have 'X' effects when using certain skills WHILE sprinting, or give a natural Deflect/dodge chance without having to spend points into it.

sure I'll show the exploit, I don't use it i mostly pvp and just thought it was kinda cool. I reported it and what not.

I do agree that sprint could use some help, I am coming from a strictly pvp perspective but the Mobility that punishing charge gives with sprint is nothing to laugh at.
    edited May 2013
    sure I'll show the exploit, I don't use it i mostly pvp and just thought it was kinda cool. I reported it and what not.

I do agree that sprint could use some help, I am coming from a strictly pvp perspective but the Mobility that punishing charge gives with sprint is nothing to laugh at.

You could get almost as much mobility with 2 or 3 dodges and punishing charge, and be immune to damage and such while dodging.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013

While PC indeed has 3 charges, I think the range of the charge is really pathetic, adn the first moment I tried it I was like "what...?..."
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • geugeugeugeugeugeu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTCTOpqbNLM

You can do way cooler stuff!
  • chinzw85chinzw85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could get almost as much mobility with 2 or 3 dodges and punishing charge, and be immune to damage and such while dodging.

And then add high hp to the CW, remove the range, and make the whole game a single class... that sounds balanced...
  • daedracdaedrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    While PC indeed has 3 charges, I think the range of the charge is really pathetic, adn the first moment I tried it I was like "what...?..."

The range is the same as all other classes 'shift' key dodges.

With sprint and charge I can outrun, and chase, any breathing mother****er out there. Even GWF's, because nobody knows it's value. And I hope it stays under-appreciated.