test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companions more than rank 15? When or how?

leboskozleboskoz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My companion is now rank 15, and trained to it.
He has unlocked 1 of his skins too (at level 10).

How to make him level more than 15? Can i do it in some hidden ways or this thing needs to be implemented? (this game looks like is in ALPHA sometimes instead of beta..)

How to do that? (maybe im missing something...) or when the rank-ups more than 15 are going to be avaible?

Thanks!
Post edited by leboskoz on

Comments

• harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The advance tokens are listed as Not Available in the pet vendor.

I am assuming they want everyone to buy the high cost purple pets before they allow a cleric, etc, to advance past 15.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • leboskozleboskoz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the reply.

Not any offical statement about a date of unlock at vendor?
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i guess these tomes will either cost zen or probably rather ad...and probably in the 1'000'000 - 1'500'000 ad range...tough, looking at the cleric, thats probably one of the few high priced items thats worth it
    edited May 2013
    Surely they will not cost zen, and i dont know about Astral Diamonds too.
    I mean, i have TONS of gold at the moment, and there is no way to make this currency of any use. So i was thinking "maybe the game is missing something that will make the gold of any use?" and now you guys tell me about this tomes....i think this can be the answer, if we are lucky!

After the 2 gold for my second pet, and 5 gold for the horse, i NEVER used gold again, i have 25 gold....it's stupid, no? To create a currency and then use only for two purchase...
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leboskoz wrote: »
    I mean, i have TONS of gold at the moment, and there is no way to make this currency of any use. So i was thinking "maybe the game is missing something that will make the gold of any use?" and now you guys tell me about this tomes....i think this can be the answer, if we are lucky!

After the 2 gold for my second pet, and 5 gold for the horse, i NEVER used gold again, i have 25 gold....it's stupid, no? To create a currency and then use only for two purchase...

If you are smart about it, you can easily turn gold to AD. I'm almost up to 500,000 AD this way.

In fact, you have one of my methods described in your post...... ;)

Beware though, you'll need gold for pots/kits once you hit the later levels
  • umbrellaendumbrellaend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do companions attack? Do they do any real damage or hold aggro?
    edited May 2013
    Do companions attack? Do they do any real damage or hold aggro?

They attack, yes.
    They have skills too, for example Man-at-arms is good because he can take the aggro out of you, or for example the Cleric heal you for 20% of your hp every certain time...they are nice, but now they are stucked to rank 15 max, so they are low at later levels, and the only decent pets are the one NOT damage oriented. For example the female elf warrior ("sword for sale" i think is the name, something like that) who just attack, it's useless now, because she has no "flat" spells and cant level up more than 15...
    If you are smart about it, you can easily turn gold to AD. I'm almost up to 500,000 AD this way.

In fact, you have one of my methods described in your post......
    Sorry to dont be smart as you :(
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to dont be smart as you :(

buy mounts/companions/etc... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that with gold and throw it on AH. There's also loopholes to get around the 'no trading AD' thing if you use the AH and general chat like a champ, and people trust you. There's other ways, but I'm not divulging them publicly
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The lowest level founders pack (60 bucks) comes with a wolf that does "good" dps and levels to 30. There are some you can get with the pray-tokens, AD, etc on some vendors that go to (???? higher I think ????) levels such as an angel, or an animated sword, etc. There are some in the loot boxes, I think (?). Anyway atm there are a few ways to get one higher than 15 but most of them cost real money as having that many trade bars, AD, etc without having paid for anything seems an unlikely thing for new players.

Soon they should add the rank up tokens to the vendor, guessing we get that inside a month or 2.

They fight, they can wear a few gear items (example, a necklace or ring) and get buff "enchants" or whatever you call them (exactly like item enchantments but for companions). They are pretty good; even at level 40 my cleric is good enough at 15 to keep me topped off between pulls if I play well and do not just let things beat me down every fight. She cannot heal me through a tough fight without potion supplements now, though and dies fast if I dump the mobs onto her.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

youll use a lot of gold for the elite dungeons (pots / injury kits) - high level player are rather running out of gold than ad...
    edited May 2013

sry double post
  • oxblondiexooxblondiexo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My question is my dogs at level 15 which i see is max but why do i have other options like skin tones and ring but cant get them to level 25 on my dog? I want my dog to be an adult but How do I make him one if its locked?
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My question is my dogs at level 15 which i see is max but why do i have other options like skin tones and ring but cant get them to level 25 on my dog? I want my dog to be an adult but How do I make him one if its locked?

You need to wait for the next patch, then pay 300k AD to get to level 20 another 550k to go to L25 and finally 750k to get to L30. Enjoy.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    You need to wait for the next patch, then pay 300k AD to get to level 20 another 550k to go to L25 and finally 750k to get to L30. Enjoy.

Not the next patch, but when module 1 goes live....

Since I have seen the prices now I think this is a failed feature, no casual players will be able to get enough diamond to upgrade without turning the game into a full time job. Not to mention EVERYTHING else in the game you need Diamonds for!
  • terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The 750k for 30 is reasonable, but I'm disappointed the lower levels are so high. 7.5k 75k 750k would be more reasonable I think.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    terrycloth wrote: »
    The 750k for 30 is reasonable, but I'm disappointed the lower levels are so high. 7.5k 75k 750k would be more reasonable I think.

7.5k would be way too cheap; that's barely 1 day's worth of effort. Nobody would skip upgrading a pet for that low of a price.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would be happy with

White to green - 50k
    Green to Blue - 200k
    Blue to Purple - 500k

That is much more reasonable for a Casual Player, it would still take a month or 2 for me to do with my play schedule (especially since the tiers have to be maxed out before you can add the next upgrade). At least it wouldn't feel so overwhelming as it does now. Its even worse for some one with multiple alts like myself. If the prices stay as they are I definitely wont be upgrading at all, I need what AD I am able to get for to many other things in the game to be able to invest in the Companions.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would be happy with

White to green - 50k
    Green to Blue - 200k
    Blue to Purple - 500k

That is much more reasonable for a Casual Player, it would still take a month or 2 for me to do with my play schedule (especially since the tiers have to be maxed out before you can add the next upgrade). At least it wouldn't feel so overwhelming as it does now. Its even worse for some one with multiple alts like myself. If the prices stay as they are I definitely wont be upgrading at all, I need what AD I am able to get for to many other things in the game to be able to invest in the Companions.

Or something like:

White to green - 125k
    Green to Blue - 250k
    Blue to Purple - 375k

so a total cost of 750K not the insane amount it is now.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would be happy with

White to green - 50k
    Green to Blue - 200k
    Blue to Purple - 500k

^This. A low 50K price for the first upgrade would get more people to think the system is worth it. 200K for a middle upgrade is a reasonable jump. (Though honestly I was thinking more along the lines of 250K.) 500K to raise a companion to max means more people will spend their AD on it. 750 for the final upgrade isn't terrible, but its a little high imo.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • blueapplepieblueapplepie Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2013
    I really like my cleric companion, when will the next patch be? about???
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really like my cleric companion, when will the next patch be? about???

The next patch is very soon, for the upcoming "Call to Arms" weekend event. However, the companion upgrade is (as far as we know) not going in until the Faywild update on the 22nd.
    Hoping for improvements...