test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's the best build for pure PvE?

blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Topic. Almost to Level 30 and don't want to mess up any of my skill point allocations since resets are extremely expensive.

I'm thinking of going Executioner since it's all about the damage, that seems to be the default choice most people go by. Is that going to be good for PvE?

Any info would be much appreciated. :) Thanks!
Post edited by blazingfist on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump! /10char
  • Options
    gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Before the flamers come charging in, let me just warn you there are no "best builds".

And resetting skill points is expensive (600 Zen), but resetting traits is cheap (you can get a lvl 60 reset using a week's work of AD). So don't worry too much about it.

Otherwise, check other posts for guides (there are a couple), depending if you want crit or raw power mostly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    By "traits" I assume you mean Feat points?

What is a "week's worth of AD"? That could differ a lot depending on how much you played. :)

I'm not looking for an absolute best build, just some guidelines mostly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rebump! /10char
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rebump! /10char

Did you check the sticky already. 3 build listed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    By "traits" I assume you mean Feat points?

What is a "week's worth of AD"? That could differ a lot depending on how much you played. :)

I'm not looking for an absolute best build, just some guidelines mostly.

Yup, "Feat points" it is. The thing is, you can max out pretty much every (useful) skill by level 60.
    Feats however...you can only get 10% of them, so it really matters where you put your points.

The cost for resetting feats scales with your level, so I can't give you a number. You can check it yourself in-game. The "week's worth of AD", I just meant that if you pray each day + do 1-2 dailies and 1-2 skirmishes, you can refine 10k. This is not counting sold items, leadership, etc. So you'd have 70K AD or more at level 60, which is close to what a Feat respec costs (I'll check the exact cost next time in game).
  • Options
    immortalhzhzimmortalhzhz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ~150k , just respeced xD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ~150k , just respeced xD

There you go then, 2 weeks of fairly casual play. :p
    Still, you're better off then resetting them at 40 or 50. If memory serves, it is about 50k at 45.

Clearly cheaper than the "OMG 600 Zen!!"(230k AD) skill respec that people cry over.
  • Options
    immortalhzhzimmortalhzhz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is not the lvl but the number of feats already applied and saved i think :O