test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let us destroy gear to retreive the Enchantments

someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Title. The current direction the game is going implies multiple progressive tiers like any other mmo. Assuming you want to progress (and things get harder), it might be suggested that you get top tier enchantments. A normal tier (one tier above less) costs 280k AD to remove. I believe a rank 7 enchantment is similar in price. Rank 8/9/10 (if they exist) would be even more. A greater enhancement will be even more as well. The cost of producing these things might not be so bad, except that the fusion % chance is under 50%. At some points it is 1% (if you are using the rarer enhancements or armor enchants). That means that we must either buy an item using zen, plus the previous reagents, buy that item from the AH at whatever the current cost is, or pray to the RNG gods that we get one from the 7 day daily reward.

It would not be so bad if the 7 day reward guaranteed a blue, however that is a rarity in of itself. We are looking at upwards of 10 removals, per set of gear, which is upwards of 2 million AD, per set, plus the cost of fusing them initial, plus the cost the materials to get to that tier (which is by no means cheap, generally).

I have staunchly defended this game until this point, however, now it seems that if you want to have any AD at all you need to stick to rank 5/6 armor enchants, and lesser armor/weapon enchants. A visible paywall is never a good thing, and this one is glaringly obvious. It won't be seen until t3 gets put out. Then we find people who have spent millions getting best in slot enchants, greater enhancements, etc, who will suddenly find they cannot use any of their socketables unless they shell out yet millions more, and will need to do so for every set of gear. Every tier that gets released in such a manner will cause some of the hardcores to leave, and when you drive away the 'hardcore' group, you drive away your most secure market.
Post edited by someoneod on

Comments

• Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Found nothing i disagree with. Carry on.
  • Options
    rayni250rayni250 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I concur as well
  • Options
    sherkkkansherkkkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes please.
  • Options
    erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    such a well written and general objective post. i support it 100%.
    well said
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gotta admit, as long as people were talking about mounts, companions, bag slots, bank spots, etc... being 'p2w' I was dismissing it.

But the absurd costs that have to do with enchantments in this game is clearly p2w, as that kind of AD isn't something you can reasonably just farm up- it'd take you months.

The costs incurred for upgrading your gear in this game and staying upgraded are simply astronomical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gotta admit, as long as people were talking about mounts, companions, bag slots, bank spots, etc... being 'p2w' I was dismissing it.

But the absurd costs that have to do with enchantments in this game is clearly p2w, as that kind of AD isn't something you can reasonably just farm up- it'd take you months.

The costs incurred for upgrading your gear in this game and staying upgraded are simply astronomical.

yes. for me it would cost around 150€ +- a month to stay maxed(just quick calc on current price's considering a few tweaks and changes to gear continually+ resets of feats+skill depending on testing a new setup or so a month or testing out changes that might come )..... personally i dont have that kinda cash to throw away :(

price is simply too high for me to be able to do it and its really sucking all the joy out of the game for me.. i dont mind spending 15$ a month on an mmo, or even spending 200€ as a start up to get something really unique... however spending 100 or 150€ is completely out of wack for me to spend each month on one mmo :/
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i would also put "change appearance" to the list... at lvl 50 one change costs you anywhere from 30'000 to 50'000 ad...(for whatever reason)...it can only help the game if people are more diverse and enjoy themselfes more.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i would also put "change appearance" to the list... at lvl 50 one change costs you anywhere from 30'000 to 50'000 ad...(for whatever reason)...it can only help the game if people are more diverse and enjoy themselfes more.

i dont mind mechanics which doesnt have anything to do with the actual numbers.. appearence and other customizations in here should be paid to keep the game going.
    reset skills/feats, and direct PTW shouldn't be there becouse it directly hurts the numbers and thereby its something that you cant really get around if you wanna do well in the game regardless of how you feel about the char look :) just my oppinion, since they gotta make money on something.
  • Options
    druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, but then this would cut into the AD sink, which would devalue the zen. I don't see PW changing anything that would devalue the zen.
  • Options
    rustytomirustytomi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druga1757 wrote: »
    Agreed, but then this would cut into the AD sink, which would devalue the zen. I don't see PW changing anything that would devalue the zen.
    If I understand correctly, this is not an issue currently, but it is anticipated to happen. A pro-active change should not upset the value of zen.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AD is already becoming worth less and less as the game progresses. Thsi change would do nothing but keep the highest level most active players in the game. There will be an exodus when people realize the cost of keeping their fancy r8/r9/greater enchants. People dislike leaving a game that they have invested in, but when they see a [gold plated] brick wall, they will abandon ship.
  • Options
    theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    AD is already becoming worth less and less as the game progresses. Thsi change would do nothing but keep the highest level most active players in the game. There will be an exodus when people realize the cost of keeping their fancy r8/r9/greater enchants. People dislike leaving a game that they have invested in, but when they see a [gold plated] brick wall, they will abandon ship.

I already have... in a way.... I now play for kicks.... till something better comes along.... since I know I will not be able to compete or be able to solo higher up without dieing a lot... not to mention I refuse to pay for a game with so MANY bugs atm... and can't stay connected any where between 10-15 mins.... ah well .... ZEN cost a lot, and gives you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in return for its value...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yea, from the looks of it I'll probably be sticking around until ESO (unless it bombs, which is entirely possible, even likely...), or the space mmo/wow clone dealio. Waystar or what not, the one that looks like wow with action based combat.
  • Options
    blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support this!
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the price to remove the gems is based on the in game price to buy them from AD vender = 2KAD for r1

so the question is, who at PWE thought that an item that drops like candy during Halloween is worth 2KAD?

how many people here has bought a r1 for 2KAD? how about the r2, at whatever higher price? it's like the ID scrolls, 15 AD for a minior ID Scroll that IDs things that when IDed only sell for 1G at most?... and ID scrolls ALSO drop like candy? who ever thought it was worth 15AD?the 2KAD is far greater a price hike.

simply put only way that the prices to remove them from socket are worth the price they set is for them to stop dropping the darn things as low loot drops. they are simply not "rare enough" to be that price.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the price to remove the gems is based on the in game price to buy them from AD vender = 2KAD for r1

so the question is, who at PWE thought that an item that drops like candy during Halloween is worth 2KAD?

how many people here has bought a r1 for 2KAD? how about the r2, at whatever higher price? it's like the ID scrolls, 15 AD for a minior ID Scroll that IDs things that when IDed only sell for 1G at most?... and ID scrolls ALSO drop like candy? who ever thought it was worth 15AD?the 2KAD is far greater a price hike.

simply put only way that the prices to remove them from socket are worth the price they set is for them to stop dropping the darn things as low loot drops. they are simply not "rare enough" to be that price.

well Cyres? it was probably a mixup in the office, they ment to have them as 2K copper, and xcopper for removeing them, but someone acidentaly fell on the keyboard and hit the A and D keys.

oh GREAT JUST GREAT, I've reached the level of mad where I start talking to myself. *storms away from the keyboard*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well Cyres? it was probably a mixup in the office, they ment to have them as 2K copper, and xcopper for removeing them, but someone acidentaly fell on the keyboard and hit the A and D keys.

oh GREAT JUST GREAT, I've reached the level of mad where I start talking to myself. *storms away from the keyboard*

Don't worry, I'm still here! Not quite all by yourself.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To the top, because this is kind of important for the game in the long run.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL

If the enchantment rune was THAT important - you'd pay the AD. If the rune is THAT important, save it for better gear. Otherwise, if all you're looking to do is place a better rune into the same gear - then just do it and destroy the old rune.

The oxymoronic arguments posted in these forums so often is the best entertainment I've had in a long time. Please: do not stop!
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druga1757 wrote: »

Why should PW care what the value of Zen is per AD? Any Zen spent is a Zen that someone had to buy. They get the same cash out of a given Zen whether it was traded for 500 AD or 50.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've found the solution: I'm not going to slot any enchantments until I get the final gear I want at level 60 then slot the max level enchantments I want on them... it just doesn't pay to slot enchantments in lower level gear as gear gets better every 2 levels. wait until you have all level 60 gear, and keep fusing the unused enchantments up to maximum.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    I've found the solution: I'm not going to slot any enchantments until I get the final gear I want at level 60 then slot the max level enchantments I want on them... it just doesn't pay to slot enchantments in lower level gear as gear gets better every 2 levels. wait until you have all level 60 gear, and keep fusing the unused enchantments up to maximum.

The issue becomes when it requires wards to get to that level of enchantment. If you could fuse enchants with 100% success, none of this would be an issue. It becomes an issue when it is a 1% success rate, or 10/20% success rate.
  • Options
    ijw473ijw473 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The funny thing is that it gets worse the more you spend. If you buy keys, you get lots of enchantments earlier than you would otherwise. So you burn through AD just to use what you bought.

I really like this game. I want to play it for a long time. But this is a serious cost grind just to play around with your gear, which is a huge negative for me.