test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry PvP maps!

giron88giron88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Plain and simple. I believe making it possible to make new PvP maps for everyone in the foundry! I would hope they would be screened for imbalances, but I think it is an awesome idea! (higher tier harder to get PvP gear too please)
Post edited by giron88 on

Comments

• drpalimpsestdrpalimpsest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a truly superb idea. Would need some work but I approve of this one hundred percent. I do thing there should be some form of screening process though in order to make sure that only good maps end up in the proper/official PVP games.
    More to the point, we need to be able to place traps in these foundry maps. Traps plus PVP equals immense fun, for me at least.
  • giron88giron88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was also thinking multi-level stuff to really put emphasis on knockbacks and ranged attacks. Possibly add more objectives and themes to each map. The screening process would need to be strict but I think this would help keep PvP players playing longer.
  • edgehellfirededgehellfired Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    giron88 wrote: »
    Plain and simple. I believe making it possible to make new PvP maps for everyone in the foundry! I would hope they would be screened for imbalances, but I think it is an awesome idea! (higher tier harder to get PvP gear too please)

*quietly agrees and bumps this post.*
  • idancingdragonidancingdragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    giron88 wrote: »

I feel like the maps themselves would be terribly imbalanced though.
  • giron88giron88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thats the point of them being screened by moderators. It isnt that hard to think up a balanced PvP map. In general it would just need to be symmetrical.
  • joormodejoormode Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To top we go
    edited May 2013
    i hope this idea gets support. It would be game changing, and I believe it will make this a very popular game for PvE as well as the amazing Forgotten Realms lore.
  • loactiveloactive Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think its the best idea so far ! i hope the team will look at this point.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like the maps themselves would be terribly imbalanced though.

Yeah, unless it's automatically mirrored, this would be rife for exploits. Even then i'm sure people would find a way. Neat idea, but i just don't trust people.
  • deadmanetdeadmanet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even though I rarely participate in PvP, add my vote! I might do PvP a little more if we had players creating the maps/matches.
    fs_pc.png
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry PvP maps would be great. But the way a lot of this community has been acting I am afraid of how many different exploits would come up.

come on people, play the game or leave enough with the exploits bs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes I approve this message... this would add a little variety to the lack of PvP maps.