test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skirmish Astral Diamonds

runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, someone please explain this to me. It doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever.

The chest says you get 1000. But I noticed instead I was getting 200. Someone said its divided by your group. So every person that loots gets 200 of the 1000. You still get 1000 if all five people loot and leave. I was fine with that till I noticed players hanging around to loot the chest after everyone leaves. Not only cutting the rest of the group out of their share, but they seem to get a larger amount.

For example I had already looted, but I hung around till only one other guy was left. Just me and him still in the party. When he looted I got 500 instead of 200. It totaled up to over 1000 diamonds for me that skirmish because of that. I got everyone else's 200 and his 500. Another time I looted when there were only 3 of us left and got 333.

Someone tell me I'm wrong here. Or something. I just don't see how this can be intentional.
Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
Post edited by runebane on

Comments

• cireous04cireous04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far I have only run across this issue with the "Orc Assault" skirmish, specifically. The chest awards 1000 Astral diamonds, but I go to refine those diamonds and there are only 600, or 400, or 200... sometimes even the full 1000, but rarely. It's pretty annoying. I really don't think it has anything to do with what the rest of your party members are looting or not looting, but that's just an opinion.

Would love for this to be addressed in a patch.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cireous04 wrote: »
    So far I have only run across this issue with the "Orc Assault" skirmish, specifically.

Now that you mention it, that was the skirmish I was running when I noticed it. Didn't think to check any others to see if it was just that one.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • lmk2lmk2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is that skirmish chest. The next unlockable skirmish has the usual reward gold chest that gives everything directly to you.
  • tomuk4444tomuk4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also notice some people leave the group at the end, not sure if they left the group before looting or not though as I wasn't really concentrating, too busy looking around. :)
  • classicnemesisclassicnemesis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did the Orc Assault skirmish a few time today and yesterday,some times I get 1000 diamonds or less and sometimes I get nothing from it but some silver and copper,and I tried it with different level characters to see if the level had something to do with it,and it didn't make any difference,I hope it is just a bug that they fix it,is getting hard to find players wanting to do the skirmish and that maybe the reason.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did the Orc Assault skirmish a few time today and yesterday,some times I get 1000 diamonds or less and sometimes I get nothing from it but some silver and copper,and I tried it with different level characters to see if the level had something to do with it,and it didn't make any difference,I hope it is just a bug that they fix it,is getting hard to find players wanting to do the skirmish and that maybe the reason.

You get 1000 AD when the Skirmish bonus event is running.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • cireous04cireous04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (all of this is in reference to when the bonus event *is running* so there is no confusion) --^

I tried the Orc Assault skirmish a few more times yesterday. I looted the chest "first". A yellow system message, in chat, said I had received only 200 Astral Diamonds. I stood around and waited for everyone else to loot and each time someone opened the chest a system message told me I had received another 200 Astral Diamonds. Strangely, I was awarded 334 Astral Diamonds (may not be the exact amount, but close to it) when the final person opened the chest. I ended up with "more than" 1000 Astral Diamonds at the end.

So I take my original opinion back.

Waiting around for others to loot does actually seem to increase your chance at getting the full thousand. As for what this is doing to other's loot, I cant really say, but seeing that before I started doing this I was not getting the full amount of Astral Diamonds I was suppose to be getting, I think the OP may be correct in his statement that if you stand around waiting for others to loot, you are perhaps taking another portion of a small pool of Astral Diamonds available to everyone, as a result of a bug, and therefore diminishing the amount others may be getting.

So you kind of have to choose, do you stand around and attempt to get what you feel you are entitled to (the full thousand), or do you leave the party and let someone else do it, or leave and simply let others get a small share like yourself, rather than nothing at all.

At the very least, I would advise anyone to not be the very last person to loot the chest.

Here is to hoping this is fixed soon.
  • thelgowthelgow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I just hit 13 and see it gives Orc Assault instead of Black Lake.
    Lame if its 1k or less since it takes much longer.
    Im thinking of keeping an alt at lvl 6 or so to raid those blacklakes instead.
  • ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is still broken. Whether I loot first or last, I am getting 20-30% less AD than the system says I should win (during the event).

At no time during the event have I ever received the full 1000AD promised.

Either fix it or change the tooltip to read "some AD depending on a random roll."

Oh, never mind. The tooltip only says "bonus AD" and nothing about 1000 specifically. :rolleyes:
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Closed for necro.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.