test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[101 economics in Online Gaming] Reasonable Price for Zen Market Principal

firejusticegafirejusticega Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
[101 economics in Online Gaming]Reasonable Price for Zen Market Principal
i love this game really.
i play Baldur's gate II, Neverwinter nights I & II and many d&d games.

i use item like holding bags in those game before but this time something is wrong with the price i need to pay for playing.

So, i decide that Crytic or financial plan manager of this company that dealt with Hasbro and wizard of the coast need to learn something from their fan not from their financial plan manager for this project.

i give will recommend this new settings zen price for reasonable price in real money.

Basic Rule to Pay real money in world of Online Gaming if you want to be GREAT GAME.
1st rule : World of Warcraft = standard to pay per month in this industry. = 15$ per month.
2nd rule : League of Legend = standard to pay per new champion in this industry. = 10$ per month (they release around 10 champions per year)

i pay it if i want to play like WoW
in LoL , i pay to buy new champion too. because i do not have to play until i get the point to buy them for free. i work and get money for this game is easily more that play to pay free stuff.
Account
The Slot price should be
x1, x3, x5, x10, x50 (ex. x1 = per 1 slot)
5$, 15$, 20$, 30, 40$
Reason :
If you compare WOW , they have 10 slot per account and it for pay 15$ per month
so in this game has 5 class for 1 time paying 20$ is should be reasonable zen price.

IMO : gamer want more new slot really , not make choice hard for their put it for 20$ for 5x slot is good and they can pay you can get 20$ x 100,000 (gamer pay) instantly = 2,000,000$ in this 1st year of the game easily.

Money making for company :
20$ x 100,000 (gamer pay) instantly = 2,000,000$ per 100k account.

The Mechanic of Character Change

Like changing name, Appearance , Race and Gender
3$ per mechanic
Reason :
it is reasonable in real life you pay more but in digital they need to be less if it less enough every one will pay it every month for changing but if you charge 5$ per times for each mechanic whatever it years you can not keep this is method for making money in long run.

IMO :
i love to play if it come down like that i know that database is will be mess up but you can sure that gamer will pay for change every week or month for 100% guarantee.

Money making for company :
So, You will get 3$x10,000= 30,000$ per month
10,000 = 10% of active gamer that play this game.
The basic of Characters
Use items : price should 1$ per character
Potion : 1$ Reason : i will use it a lot in dungeon.
Scroll : 1$ Reason : i will use it a lot in dungeon.
Key : 1$ Reason : Who can beat down lower price? ask Walmart.

Changeable items: price should be 5-10$ per character
Basic Companion : 5$ Reason : for collection. See LoL game they buy new champion per 10$ it should be like that game.
Rare Companion :10$ Reason : for collection. See LoL game they buy new champion per 10$ it should be like that game.

Account bound items : Price should be 10$ per account
Bag of holding x12 per bag : 5$ Reason : Gamer will buy it instantly for sure.
Bag of holding x24 per bag : 10$ Reason : Gamer will buy it instantly for sure.

I know you have financial economic model for calculation in this game or not you will be in disaster for controlling economics in this game. But you can change.

PS. I do not know about law in financial transaction in US, i know that it has fee to do this stuff if you can negotiate with them . so , it can be reasonable price.

Comments

• js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i doubt they will drop market price now that they sold lot to their base buyer... they could put some sales and stuff but changing the price would be starting a war in between the ranks ....

ps. im pretty sure they have a way more developed models of financial repport from other game they had before. I appreciate your effort, and dont take me wrong, i think some of the price are high but what you want we leave in a world where money lead so....
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision