test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeonfinder; "No tank? See ya. /Quit."

2»

Comments

• yawumpusyawumpus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [edit]And oh yeah.. DND required tankiness characters if the DM was worth his weight in salt.

Except there really isn't a reason that remotely intelligent monsters wouldn't rush over the barbarian to slay the wizard and cleric (4e may have had goofy chessboard rules to prevent this).
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    This is becoming more common as I zone into a dungeon and I don't blame them. So, same as in every trinity MMO since dawn of time, tanks and clerics are required in epics (of course), yet not nearly enough people play them, and also PuG to meet demand.
    While great for them, not so for CC & DPS. The system tries, but I wonder how they can address this issue in this game this time?
    Yeah, I don't want to play one, but maybe I'll play a GW or healer. Sitting around waiting blows, only to zone into 2 CW and 3 rogues, heh. Which then all quit so back to the queue.

I understand your frustration. But without Trinity dungeons would be lame as hell. Look at Guild Wars 2. It tried removing Tanks and Healers and failed miserably. The dungeons in GW2 are the worst piece of garbage Ive ever seen.
    So its inconvenient for DDs, but its necessary.

But they seriously need to enhance the queues so the players are matched better. Had to do Wolfs Den without control wizard the other day. The endboss is impossible without CC.

Oh, and I hope for the servermerge to give enough playerbase for a smooth dungeonexperience.

Last but not least, the dungeons in this game are not very attractive. They are too long, have too much trash, the endbosses are too hard and they offer not enough reward. So not enough people queue for them.
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    yawumpus wrote: »
    Except there really isn't a reason that remotely intelligent monsters would rush over the barbarian to slay the wizard and cleric (4e may have had goofy chessboard rules to prevent this).
    A good barbarian wouldnt let the monster rush past him to his vulnerable companions. Just like Foot Soldiers protecting the archers and medics in a medieval battle.
  • kardymankardyman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love tanking, but this game makes me put my dps passives on, and 1) let mobs go wild or if we're lucky 2) let the Companion tank characters that every wizard has tank better than anyone else in the history of time.

Even with Enhanced Mark x3, I have to keep it up constantly. The second that X disappears, the mobs get instant A.D.D. and do something else.

So while I see where this post is coming from many of the replies are just debating the non-issue. The problem is that the party generation is probably not working. If it is working, then the classes that are missing just aren't there to queue so the game gives up and just puts a group together.

If they fix tanking threat, and fix healing threat, I'm pretty sure that you would see more Guardian Fighters queuing up for randoms. But as it stands, every run when I see a Tank Companion, this is what happens:

1) Me: "Could you put away your dog/tank companion? When he pulls aggro and gets knocked away, I can't get aggro back fast enough and he runs all over.
    2) Me: "Please?"
    3) Me: "I'll take that as a no or you don't speak english"
    4) *Puts on DPS Passives and DPS Gear*

That's about it. Even stacking Defense/Recovery/Power/Crit and doing PvP is fine, and I don't have to keep switching stuff.