test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Video Boss Guide: Yshiggol of the Dread Vaults

graciasytugraciasytu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
What's up guys? Like many of you, I reached level 60 a few days ago. I decided to start doing dailies to get Astral Diamonds. However, the final boss of the Dread Vaults was very intimidating and there was no info out there to inform us how the encounter worked. I decided to create a video guide for the encounter to help anyone else that may be struggling with this.

Here it is: Boss Guide: Yshiggol

I hope this helps someone out there!
Post edited by graciasytu on

Comments

• dalcardalcar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the Guide :)
  • agrias34agrias34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    This video literally shows almost nothing of what the fight is like.

My group going into this today just cannot do it. We are all 11k GS, and can't do it. Right at the start there are 4 infiltrator mindflayer elites, and 2 thoon hulks that just blow you around everywhere. It's literally impossible to fight 2 thoon hulks, groups of the brain dogs, and like 10 infiltrators. We tried to just knock them all off the side, which worked for like 20 seconds, but then everything just respawns instantly, even the 2 thoon hulks that aggro from across the entire room.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    agrias34 wrote: »

My group going into this today just cannot do it. We are all 11k GS, and can't do it. Right at the start there are 4 infiltrator mindflayer elites, and 2 thoon hulks that just blow you around everywhere. It's literally impossible to fight 2 thoon hulks, groups of the brain dogs, and like 10 infiltrators. We tried to just knock them all off the side, which worked for like 20 seconds, but then everything just respawns instantly, even the 2 thoon hulks that aggro from across the entire room.

So here's the strat we did when we did it. Our group was 3 Control Wizards, 1 TR and 1 DC. None of us had a GS over 8000 and most of us were 7200 (I inspect my team mates :cool:)

1. Kill the first two guys soon as you hop in where they are at. This is a relatively safe area.

2. Facing Yshiggol you should see a tentacle right next to him to the right (it's on the side where the bonus chest is). This is where you are going to base yourself. (using the video you can see it on the right there at 1:35 in the video) Run over to that Tentacle and kill it. Tentacle always has priority if it respawns. It will respawn at the worst of times like fighting mini bosses, you just gotta deal with it and always make it a priority. Good camera angle work will go far making sure you target it.

3. Start DPSing boss. Adds will come from each side, especially left side so make sure someone is there on the left side to kill them. The danger of the adds is they leap. If a tank can grab aggro on them first they will do their leap on him instead of the DC.

4. After a while a mini boss will spawn, basically he's the boss from Cragmire Crypts except he can be CC'd. Continue to deal with any other adds that come with him while chain CCing the boss. This part was pretty easy.

5. Once that boss is dead you go back to another kill Yshiggol with few adds phase.

6. Finally the hard part will spawn when Yshiggol goes shielded again and that's the Pit Lord and a few more adds. This guy was super annoying because he'd summon 6 imps then teleport away, summon 6 imps, then teleport away. He didn't really need to be tanked because all his abilities are ground targeted but you can get very overwhelmed with adds here and adds are the REAL threat. Eventually the adds will become 3 Eryines (sp?) and that's where things get even more dangerous. How we did this part was we all went AOE crazy then mixed in a few pot shots on the boss each time or the rogue would get on him (hard cause he does a lot of melee AOE). Getting a tentacle here in the middle of all your AOE and adds can be a wipe if it isn't dealt with promptly.

7. If you get past all that you're sitting pretty and it's pretty much just coasting to the finish line.

Honestly the video posted is 100% worthless and in fact was ultra edited as you can see the boss' HP jump all over the place throughout the video. He didn't even show the Pit Lord time which is probably the most critical.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • pyrosarashipyrosarashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arktourosx wrote: »
    Honestly the video posted is 100% worthless and in fact was ultra edited as you can see the boss' HP jump all over the place throughout the video. He didn't even show the Pit Lord time which is probably the most critical.

He said the mini bosses spawning are random, and you can infact see him fighting the werewolf boss from greywolf den, not the pitlord or the cragmire boss like you had, which should have been a clue.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    He said the mini bosses spawning are random, and you can infact see him fighting the werewolf boss from greywolf den, not the pitlord or the cragmire boss like you had, which should have been a clue.

Honestly the rest is pretty basic, the mini bosses are the parts that matter.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    My group the other day (2 CWs, 1 GF, 1 GWF, 1 Cleric) found that when the miniboss spawns, if you run to the corner where you first enter the boss arena, you can outrange the tentacle while you kill the miniboss. Takes a lot of stress out. It's still not an easy fight, but it's amazing fun and very definitely possible with weaker groups. Pretty sure I (the cleric) had about 5.8k GS at the time- the highest was about 7k.
  • pinchzpinchz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013

I can't tell if this is a thinly-veiled brag or not, but the OP is talking about Normal, and you're talking about Epic.
  • agrias34agrias34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    pinchz wrote: »
    I can't tell if this is a thinly-veiled brag or not, but the OP is talking about Normal, and you're talking about Epic.

Ya i honestly just realized this. The epic version is way too hard, I seriously dont think it possible for any group to complete it. Literally, 2 thoon hulks, the ones that suck you in, and blow up spawn about every 20 seconds. As soon as you kill one by either knocking it off the side or from damage, another one instantly spawns. There is no possible way to do this encounter on epic mode, my full 11k GS guild group on Teamspeak could not complete it.

I just assumed by default it was the epic version because I don't think any good gear worthwhile would even drop from normal mode? I didn't know people even did it on normal mode.
  • pinchzpinchz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    There is no possible way to do this encounter on epic mode, my full 11k GS guild group on Teamspeak could not complete it.

I've attempted it on epic, so I know what you're talking about, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. It's just significantly harder than anything else.
    edited May 2013
    Ya i honestly just realized this. The epic version is way too hard, I seriously dont think it possible for any group to complete it. Literally, 2 thoon hulks, the ones that suck you in, and blow up spawn about every 20 seconds. As soon as you kill one by either knocking it off the side or from damage, another one instantly spawns. There is no possible way to do this encounter on epic mode, my full 11k GS guild group on Teamspeak could not complete it.

I just assumed by default it was the epic version because I don't think any good gear worthwhile would even drop from normal mode? I didn't know people even did it on normal mode.

Great gear drops out of both Caverns of Kurrandax and Dread Vaults. I got some crazy +power/+crit/+regen Amulet of Fire out of Caverns yesterday off one of the bosses and another epic dropped as well (but this is all 58 gear). I also got 2 Grym tokens (I presume since I got them somewhere) after completing Dread Vaults on normal but we didn't see any epics drop that run.

Either way 2 Hulks sounds <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • kritinoskritinos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    http://puu.sh/2RMKP
    Epic Yshiggol down. Not impossible.
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    arktourosx wrote: »
    So here's the strat we did when we did it. Our group was 3 Control Wizards, 1 TR and 1 DC. None of us had a GS over 8000 and most of us were 7200 (I inspect my team mates :cool:)

1. Kill the first two guys soon as you hop in where they are at. This is a relatively safe area.

2. Facing Yshiggol you should see a tentacle right next to him to the right (it's on the side where the bonus chest is). This is where you are going to base yourself. (using the video you can see it on the right there at 1:35 in the video) Run over to that Tentacle and kill it. Tentacle always has priority if it respawns. It will respawn at the worst of times like fighting mini bosses, you just gotta deal with it and always make it a priority. Good camera angle work will go far making sure you target it.

3. Start DPSing boss. Adds will come from each side, especially left side so make sure someone is there on the left side to kill them. The danger of the adds is they leap. If a tank can grab aggro on them first they will do their leap on him instead of the DC.

4. After a while a mini boss will spawn, basically he's the boss from Cragmire Crypts except he can be CC'd. Continue to deal with any other adds that come with him while chain CCing the boss. This part was pretty easy.

5. Once that boss is dead you go back to another kill Yshiggol with few adds phase.

6. Finally the hard part will spawn when Yshiggol goes shielded again and that's the Pit Lord and a few more adds. This guy was super annoying because he'd summon 6 imps then teleport away, summon 6 imps, then teleport away. He didn't really need to be tanked because all his abilities are ground targeted but you can get very overwhelmed with adds here and adds are the REAL threat. Eventually the adds will become 3 Eryines (sp?) and that's where things get even more dangerous. How we did this part was we all went AOE crazy then mixed in a few pot shots on the boss each time or the rogue would get on him (hard cause he does a lot of melee AOE). Getting a tentacle here in the middle of all your AOE and adds can be a wipe if it isn't dealt with promptly.

7. If you get past all that you're sitting pretty and it's pretty much just coasting to the finish line.

Well thats funny Dv wasnt even unlocked for me until my GS cleared 8k
  • pezcore215pezcore215 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kritinos wrote: »
    http://puu.sh/2RMKP
    Epic Yshiggol down. Not impossible.

NO LOOT

sdfgjhserhg
  • hieenahieena Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf where is the loot
  • vohnsinnvohnsinn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I haven't been able to beat this yet, and while the video DOES help with gameplay (don't know why all you people are saying it's useless), there were 4 tentacles, not 3, in the room. I don't know if this was an update/patch to the fight, or if that's part of the difference between normal and epic... but it would be easier if it was just 3. ALSO, if I ended up getting hit by a tent, I would take twice the damage from it! My health would drop once, then again right afterwards before I can even recover.

Another problem is that I would get hit by the tent while I wasn't even in/next to/close to the red "zone of affect". Others in my parties have experienced this as well.

Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone have any advice, or anything to say other than to talk <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the original post?
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please don't perform thread necromancy, it can be very confusing, if you need help/advice, feel free to start a new thread.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
This discussion has been closed.