test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I LOVED the ability to powerlevel via foundry, not gonna lie here.

semunesemune Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Played to 60 on my TR legitimately through questing. I will NEVER level another character through questing again because it's completely linear.

Leveled my CW to 60 through the foundry "exploit". Yeah, I admit it. How about making a more engaging quest line that has multiple paths and/or zones to keep us engaged on alts? Without the foundry there to powerlevel, I will never make another character again, because again, same -exact- quests, and extremely linear.

Provide more ways to level if you don't want us to exploit the foundry. How about increasing the PvP EXP to give 2 levels per BG?

Something.

Anything.

ANYTHING so I don't have to do the same exact quest line again and again and again.
Post edited by semune on

Comments

• vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Solution: after getting a lvl 60, all other characters should be level 60 upon creation!
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As if WoW isn't the definition of Linear Questing.

nothing to see here folks, nothing to see. Move along
  • semunesemune Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As if WoW isn't the definition of Linear Questing.

nothing to see here folks, nothing to see. Move along

How many different starter zones are there?

Not to mention 2 totally different factions with different quests.

I'm not even a fan of WoW and I even know that.

There's ONE quest path in this game. ONE. ONE. ONE.

Just one.

That's right.

Uno.

Oh, and all the skills you get leveling up... The mounts, flying mounts. Dayum, I just realized how much more boring this is, I'd rather get ANOTHER 90 in WoW.
  • yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    vertisone wrote: »
    Solution: after getting a lvl 60, all other characters should be level 60 upon creation!

No thanks.If they make it a option fine.If someone wants to do it that way that is their business.It isn't the way I want to do it.
  • valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well isn't this fun.
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    The quest line is fun imo. I enjoy it every time. There are multiple paths to level, just because you can't -exploit- through the foundry doesn't mean you can't still level. You can also do pvp.

What you want, no mmo should have. Something really simple to do for fast xp, get a lvl 60 friend to rush your toon through foundry quests and story quests as well as dungeons. You'll level insanely fast that way as well.

There's four options for you in total. Pick one and enjoy.
  • valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    samanthya wrote: »
    The quest line is fun imo. I enjoy it every time. There are multiple paths to level, just because you can't -exploit- through the foundry doesn't mean you can't still level. You can also do pvp.

What you want, no mmo should have. Something really simple to do for fast xp, get a lvl 60 friend to rush your toon through foundry quests and story quests as well as dungeons. You'll level insanely fast that way as well.

There's four options for you in total. Pick one and enjoy.

I envy your fun.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    semune wrote: »
    How many different starter zones are there?

Not to mention 2 totally different factions with different quests.

There's ONE quest path in this game. ONE. ONE. ONE.

Just one.

That's right.

Uno.

Oh, and all the skills you get leveling up... The mounts, flying mounts. Dayum, I just realized how much more boring this is, I'd rather get ANOTHER 90 in WoW.

Wow so instead of going to kill 12 boars, If I tell you to go kill 10 ghouls instead, all of a sudden it's "fun and engaging" ?

go get another 90 then

like i said, nothing to see here, just another exploit/troller sad to see they can't cheat anymore, so they threaten to go back to wow.

If I had a dime for every thread like this I'd own the Zen store
    edited May 2013
    Wow so instead of going to kill 12 boars, If I tell you to go kill 10 ghouls instead, all of a sudden it's "fun and engaging" ?

go get another 90 then

like i said, nothing to see here, just another exploit/troller sad to see they can't cheat anymore, so they threaten to go back to wow.

If I had a dime for every thread like this I'd own the Zen store

WoW leveling -

1) New skills at least every 5 levels or so.
    2) Many different starter areas
    3) Optional zones
    4) BoA gear
    5) 3 Specs, interchangeable for a small price, basically FREE.
    6) 2 separate factions, both with separate quest lines, as well as their own optional zones
    7) PvPing and Dungeons are seemless, in NW you're often inside an instanced area when a queue pops
    8) At max level, 30-50 keybinds, 20+ spells.
    9) Polished and seemless combat without having to worry about a TR disconnecting you
    10) 11 Classes, all very unique and have 3 specs.
    11) Extremely user friendly AH, crafting system, gathering system, crafting system.

There are MANY more reasons, but those are just ones that I thought of within a split second. There's a reason why I have every class over level 85 in WoW, because it keeps you engaged.

Did I ever exploit in WoW? Heck no, I put a lot of time into it.

NW leveling can be summarized by one word. "Linear".

The foundry exploit provided an alternative to the repetitiveness. Repetitiveness = burnout = early death of a video game.

I'd rather play... Aion... than level again via quests here... At least Aion has alternate paths and 2 factions... *shudder*

Also to add, on your "dime" comment, the reason why a lot of people say it is because it's the popular opinion. You're in the minority. Even a minority like yourself will quit within 2 weeks. Guaranteed.
    edited May 2013

The foundry exploit provided an alternative to the repetitiveness. Repetitiveness = burnout = early death of a video game.

And killing ogres that are thrown into a tiny box and can't fight back, FOR 59 LEVELS, isn't repetitive?

I knew right from the start you were a WoW fanboy, and now you have just proven it by totally contradicting yourself in the same post.

Edit: Also, more contradictions :
    There's a reason why I have every class over level 85 in WoW

Now do us all a favor, and go back to your precious WoW
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW leveling -

1) New skills at least every 5 levels or so.
    2) Many different starter areas
    3) Optional zones
    4) BoA gear
    5) 3 Specs, interchangeable for a small price, basically FREE.
    6) 2 separate factions, both with separate quest lines, as well as their own optional zones
    7) PvPing and Dungeons are seemless, in NW you're often inside an instanced area when a queue pops
    8) At max level, 30-50 keybinds, 20+ spells.
    9) Polished and seemless combat without having to worry about a TR disconnecting you
    10) 11 Classes, all very unique and have 3 specs.
    11) Extremely user friendly AH, crafting system, gathering system, crafting system.

There are MANY more reasons, but those are just ones that I thought of within a split second. There's a reason why I have every class over level 85 in WoW, because it keeps you engaged.

Did I ever exploit in WoW? Heck no, I put a lot of time into it.

I'd rather play... Aion... than level again via quests here... At least Aion has alternate paths and 2 factions... *shudder*

Exactly. +1

While I say that abusing the foundry is not the best way, let players make that decision who is it hurting other than your own feelings? Can we cry about something that actually matters? Like zen store prices.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
    edited May 2013
    And killing ogres that are thrown into a tiny box and can't fight back, FOR 59 LEVELS, isn't repetitive?

I knew right from the start you were a WoW fanboy, and now you have just proven it by totally contradicting yourself in the same post.

I'll bet you $100 that you'll actually end up quitting this game before I will.

You don't play good games, you're the type that plays random F2P games and never sticks to one. Once you get bored, you'll leave. I give you a week or two. I'll at least stick around till I get my 2 chars full T2.

And to add to your late edit, I said I'm not a fan of WoW. Because I'm bored of it. The only reason I still play is because it's the only good MMORPG on the market. Every F2P MMORPG aside from TERA and AION have p2win aspects. Though I think TERA has -some-, so I guess AION is the only one...
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valtray wrote: »
    nobody is talking about WoW.
    i agree with OP

He edited his post but it's still visible in a reply few posts below yours. He is a wowkiddie
  • capsfan91capsfan91 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing this game has on WoW is the combat system and Foundry (which I don't care for). I've already gone back to PvPing on my 10 90s. This game has nothing to offer after playing it for a week.
  • druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    IJust to add fuel to the fire, WoW revamped all the lower level 1-60 quests last xpac, Cataclysm. They are, I have to say, quite awesome. It's free to play to level 20, I highly suggest rolling undead and doing the new undead starter quests. Easily the best I've done in ANY mmo. "Welcome to the Machine" is the best quest line, ever.

Right now, I'm enjoying myself in NW because I'm playing for the questing and taking my time to level. Itching to get back in to play. But I totally understand the criticism, the thought of leveling another character and having to do the exact same quests will take out a huge chunk of the enjoyment, so it becomes more about reaching the level cap faster and not enjoying the journey. With different starter zones, leveling areas, etc., you can get a totally different experience with another character.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Edit: Also, more contradictions :

Now do us all a favor, and go back to your precious WoW

He is angry and trolling to let off steam, don't expect coherency
  • guktergukter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every race has a few quests only for them. Every class has a few quest only for them. Admittadly, not many, but they are there. Beside that? QQ. Dat all QQ life of QQ when QQ came to town with QQ on a QQ stick with QQ fries on a MacQQ.
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    He is angry and trolling to let off steam, don't expect coherency

Not trolling at all.

Show me one way to go off the linear quest path and accept... just one other quest line.

Just one branch from the main one.

Just one.

That's right, you can't do it.

Also, haha, you spent 60$ on a dead game. Sorry, just had to do it.
    edited May 2013
    I said I'm not a fan of WoW.

This entire thread screams otherwise, you are a walking blizzard commercial
    edited May 2013
    This entire thread screams otherwise, you are a walking blizzard commercial

You took one part of my quote and didn't include the rest.

Defamation is a childish act.
    edited May 2013
    You took one part of my quote and didn't include the rest.

Defamation is a childish act.

Because the rest of your post is WoW praise that I don't give a **** about
  • jacktantojacktanto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and this is a FREE game, don't expect that much content at beta "release"
    after a expansion or 2 maybe but not now.
    edited May 2013
    Because the rest of your post is WoW praise that I don't give a **** about

Thanks for proving my point of you being childish.
  • voidwatcherxvoidwatcherx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would kindly ask a moderator to lock this thread. It seems to have degenerated into another flame fest. This is why we cannot have nice things!
    dakasig.png

• l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    jacktanto wrote: »
    and this is a FREE game, don't expect that much content at beta "release"
    after a expansion or 2 maybe but not now.

Why is it nowadays that we should accept that a game won't be good until an expansion? >:\
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is it nowadays that we should accept that a game won't be good until an expansion? >:\

Don't expect anything at all. either enjoy it, play, and offer up legitimate ideas for improvement... Or don't like it, leave, and let those who do enjoy it offer up ideas for improvement. The game has all it's basics, you either like it or you don't.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Pretty much the same reason we accept that people will waste their time complaining about a game rather than simply saying "didn't suit my tastes" and moving on.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Don't expect anything at all. either enjoy it, play, and offer up legitimate ideas for improvement... Or don't like it, leave, and let those who do enjoy it offer up ideas for improvement. The game has all it's basics, you either like it or you don't.

I want to like the game. Without people complaining, everyone would leave and it would be another PWE failure story.

If nothing is done, this game WILL die. Have you not learned from every single other PWE game in history? And cryptic game, tbh.

I complain with good intent, without it, your 200$ will be completely wasted, along with w/e else you've paid.
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never something I'd use, but, I did like them as well. Why? Well, people who want to can use them and people who don't won't. Also, it more or less solved the "pay for respect" option. As someone who has zero interest in using such things I say bring 'em back. No one is holding a gun to my head to skip most of the game, but some people seem to enjoy that.
This discussion has been closed.