test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Great Weapon Fighter in PVP!

brolleunbrolleun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
There is entirely too much crowd control going on in pvp: specifically from Rogue, and more so from Wizard.

Great weapon fighter needs a significant boost in the way of crowd control immunity without feats, and at least a base 20% increase to damage, or the great weapon fighter's weapon damage needs to count towards their encounters and dailies.

It is far too easy as of now to lock down a great weapon fighter with Daze, Freeze, or Repel; and when a Rogue has a cheese Dazing Strike that can still hit the target even if flanked is ludicrous when a great weapon fighter only gets prones, and no sudden chance to take 25% of a player's life, and requires no skill other than being in melee range.

Great weapon fighter's sprint runs out too fast, even with our sprint feat, and our Bravery passive doesn't even remotely give the great weapon fighter enough movement speed; and especially with as much crowd control thrown around in battle grounds without any crowd control immunity or diminishing returns.

Edit: Also, even when a GWF is in determination a rogues dazing strike still dazes! Did Cryptic even test this class? You've rolled out your cash shop--as overpriced as that is--so you have no excuse why classes aren't thoroughly tested before rolled out.
Post edited by brolleun on

Comments

• kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just made a topic regarding this. I spend majority of time walking around in slow motion, knock backed, stunned, silenced. There are not just enough abilities to counter all this crowd control being thrown at you. And the fact that a rogue can eat up a heavy armored class like he is made of paper doesn't help either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agreed with brolleun great weapon fighter class needs heavy upgrades .........in.pvp gwf sucks .. only daily power can do some dmg to others class players ........ my lvl 45 gwf with mass crit cant even do half hp of rough in 1 on 1 ........while he beat me in some sort of range power he got .........wtf .........
  • realonechoicerealonechoice Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regarding what you said about Rogues being like paper and about the crowd control of some classes.
    You are right somehow. I know there has to be something done about that to bring the Balance where it has to be.
    I won some PvP matches as a Rogue but I also lost some.
    Regarding the Matches that I lost you should take a look how a Rogue can get hammered by other clases checking this link !
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're all low level noobs. Get to level 50+ and you'll be owning the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of rogues, but not the other classes.