test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Authors needing Review - The CW Leveling Contest

lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
For any Foundry Authors needing mission reviews, I am leveling up my Control Wizard alt on only unreviewed Foundry content, seeking to explore to top level only via this unreviewed content. I will be doing no official content while leveling him up; only Foundry. This can be 2 hours a night or perhaps four. This has already begun, and he is level 15 as of last night.

The challenge

Post here with your Foundry content which you need reviewed. In order for me to add to the list, it will need to meet four criteria:
  1. I need a post with the Foundry quest's key/ID (searches sometimes don't turn it up by name).
  2. It must be able to be played by a single adventurer. This will change around level 40, where I will be able to solo group content.
  3. There must be something more to the quest than a single objective killing ogres or kobolds or what-have-you.
  4. It must be feature-complete (i.e. able to be completed).

In exchange, I will do the following:
  1. You will get a review based on the skill of the map, which will be fair and without prejudice. The only thing that will get you a low-star rating is making it excruciatingly painful to do the quest (and I'm pretty patient), or technically unable to finish the quest.
  2. You will get a private message which lays out a review in detail - technical improvements and "artistic preference" points, general pointers and guides, from a skilled content reviewer who has reviewed over 50 PWs, modules and content pieces for NWVault, and during alpha and closed beta.
  3. Those who craft a technically competent experience will get an AD tip. I may not like the story, but if it's technically competent (not "perfect" or any strange standards), you will get a reward.
  4. Those that are exceedingly good, I will recommend to my guildies to play, a guild with over 200 members, in our guild forums (their participation isn't mandatory).

I'll list the quests to be done below.

A Friendly Reminder
NW-DAQN7H5GO
@jkpark
Played -Reviewed - Tipped

Cullwood Outpost
NW-DC4BNASDA
@Kyregul

The old professor in the inn
NW-DIVH6HNNJ
@evinzer
Mailed Author in-game. Could not find mission start.

The Tomb of Valkere
NW-DOA69HDRT
@Geoff8733

Farm Hand
NW-DR6BBU7EL
@granatar

Part I - Lucius
@staalkbh
NW-DD8V6NA88

Part II - Grymm
@staalkbh
NW-DGFZVO9P7

The Rule of Lord Infernos
NW-DC9P6Q161
@blasteron01

Bill's Tavern
NW-DT773OSVJ

The 27th Level
NW-DM85LNJ8J

Khelgar's Treasure Cave
NW-DGYDZ7EAL
@forien69

Khelgar's Hideout
NW-DTULANXJC
@forien69

The Kidnapped Kid
NW-DTOHA9OIB
@Leaddore

Dirty Business
NW-DBU9MXKXW
@Malloc

Something Wicked
NW-DCX26GW4B

Unholy Matrimony
NW-DPYM52476
@DocBach

Fate of the Bonnie Kate
NW-DE6K6H63Q
@nezroy

(Untitled)
NW-DGXUGRSN6

Goblin Uprising
NW-DMQRRFJYT
@hflord1

FleshForge:The Death of a Nasher
NW-DOVTSEIKQ
@crimeapple

Dr. Hercs XP farm spa
NW-DFPFMOD8O

Trouble at "The Rock"
NW-DKCR8S6GH
@Hos1erman

Sacred Oath
ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
by @Iakky

Group Quest (for later)
Bones and Brimstone
NW-DF45C6ZUG
@Leinahtanwc

Different Seasons
Prologue - The Lady and the Worm
NW-DPQPJSVTH
@BardicKnowledge

An Affair Most Offensive
NW-DC2YIT3FR
@ctans03

Guide - Custom Channels and List
@Infernall
NW-DHBU9OTOS

Desolation
Sunken City of Pazar
NW-DLV22PT54
@MTDMS

Making a little on the side : The pesky councilor
NWS-DQASUEVTV

Good Samaritan
@adderal
NW-DCJ4NY4CU

Group quest (for later)
The Maw
NW-DQNEIVBC5

Save the Princess!
NW-DBA7YIURL
@Sabotender

LINK- A Tale of Two Fiends
NWS-DB89TOCEC
@Myyth

Ignum Chapter 1 - Path to the Underworld
NW-DA4N8EOZD
Handle @krtr

A Treacherous Betrayal
NW-DTJWJHWXK
@haloferth

Alder's Request
@Khodark
NW-DJX54CNZ8

Shadows Over Emberlight
NW-DCUE3BHS5
@optimates

The House on Hubert Hill
NW-DIUT28J3J

Arkham Rising
NW-DBGV9VT9L

Crumorn the Spiked
NW-DCDX6KMED
@atiaxi

A Forgotten Contract
NW-DAJ4KVEBX

The Stolen Amulet
NW-DPTEETULF

Valetheria's Dreamscape
NW-DI68FUJKQ

"Dreamfall"
NW-DJOXCLAMI

Bringing Truth to Words
NW-DDE386E52

"Return to Neverwinter"
NW-DPZS2MN86

Part 1: The Dark Creed
Dirty Politics
NWS-DOF3BARMD

The Three Dials
NW-DMEWA2PW3

Beneath the trapdoor
NW-DEUIT7HI6
Post edited by lanessar13 on

Comments

• jkparkjkpark Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Hello there!

I recently completed my first foundry quest. Would love if you could review it.

A Friendly Reminder
    @jkpark
    NW-DAQN7H5GO

It's relatively short and simple, but is designed that way as it was a learning experience. :)
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    A Friendly Reminder (NW-DAQN7H5GO) - Short, solo, story-driven quest.
  • kyriduskyridus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having a hard time getting people to check mine out, and I'm actually pretty proud of it.

Cullwood Outpost
    NW-DC4BNASDA
    @Kyregul

As it says in the description, I was aiming to tell a story without forcing massive blocks of text, as it is fairly story-centric. Don't worry, there are plenty of faces to smash, but it'll be more enjoyable if you're taking part in the story.

Thanks in advance should you get around to it - all critiques are welcome.
    'Cullwood Outpost' NW-DC4BNASDA
  • evinzer1evinzer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello! I recently finished my quest, and would be very happy if you could take a look at it!

Its a small mix between story and combat, should be able to do it alone.

The old professor in the inn

NW-divh6hnnj
  • geoff873geoff873 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would appreciate it if you could give my quest a try :)

The Tomb of Valkere
    NW-DOA69HDRT
    @Geoff8733
    Campaign: The Deathlord Arisen - NWS-DS8SB9O2S
    Part 1: Death comes to Neverwinter - NW-DL8EPHRAT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • granatargranatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am new to making these quests but it has been fun so far. I would appreciate the feedback.

Farm Hand
    NW-DR6BBU7EL
    @granatar

again any feedback would be welcome.
  • staalkbhstaalkbh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I currently have 2 Part's of my campaign up.
    And a trailer to boot: The Tome of Akronem Preview Trailer

Part I - Lucius
    @staalkbh
    NW-DD8V6NA88

Part II - Grymm
    @staalkbh
    NW-DGFZVO9P7

More info is in my sig.
  • mysterionmysterion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi i have a qst that needs testing its feature complete thoguh there may be the odd generic name ive missed as im constantly updating it to fix stuff i missed.Ive ran throguh as a foundry editor to test it all works.It may be too hard not sure but then again thats what feedback is for and will allow me to alter things.

NW-DC9P6Q161
    @blasteron01
    Why not try my first foundry mission with a good story if you fancy a adventure.
    NW-DC9P6Q161
    @blasteron01
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Lanessar for this.

I have two quests I'd love your considered feedback on. Codes & previews are located in my signature below.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can check mine. It's very short and I don't think you will level up much but I'm looking for feedback on difficulty of encounters and grammar of dialogs.

Khelgar's Treasure Cave
    NW-DGYDZ7EAL
    @forien69
  • leaddorestoleaddoresto Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice, you can check out mine, I just polished it some last night and looking for reviews :)

The Kidnapped Kid: NW-DTOHA9OIB or @Leaddore

It is also in my Sig :)

Thanks!
    @Leaddore Foundry Quest: The Kidnapped Kid NW-DTOHA9OIB
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anytime, guys. In my NWN days, I had the luck to have some very professional content designers help me with a persistent world I was working on. As well, we had the NWVault, which offered some very good reviewers and a unilateral method for getting your content checked out by the community. While the Foundry website helps in this regard, it's not really officially supported or organized at this time, so I'm hoping that improves as time goes on.

Meanwhile, I can assist with that "getting it looked at" point. I may not get to all of these tonight, but I'll do my darnest. I'm not really concerned with time versus gaining levels. If it takes my wizzie five months to level via unreviewed content, that's perfectly fine. Hopefully, my actions sort of catch on and become formalized into a way to get people to look at some great (and little-known) authors.

The biggest problem I see with the current Foundry recommendations is that getting started is really not well grooved in. I'm seeing the same recommended quests, it's all based on numbers and ratings. Maximus on NW Vault would actually select and get votes on little-seen content, but I don't see that being the case here or in STO. There's a whole thread for the devs to work on and incorporate into the system to improve the community, and I hope that they utilize it.

Meanwhile, I'll keep updating my thread. After playing, I'll update the quest entries above with something like:

The Longest Road
    NW-ABCDE8FGH
    @Lanessar13
    Played - Reviewed - Tipped - Recommended

As a note, if you're not recommended, don't feel bad. It just needs more work (as contained in the PM sent) before I can tell my guild "hey, play this for a great little adventure". If there are updates, feel free to let me know and I'll re-play it with the changes.

When completed, I'll make a recommendation for leveling a character entirely through Foundry content and see if I can get it stickied. My goal is that a casual player can have a post where they can play content, in order, which totally replaces the official content (except for the two bag quests, which are sort of required unless you shell out cash).
  • warpactwarpact Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Dirty Business
    NW-DBU9MXKXW
    @Malloc
    It's around 15-20 minutes, solo adventure. Hope you enjoy, and can provide feedback to make it even better.
    NK-Velkyn-tat_zps09ca90e7.png
    Khaless nau uss mzild taga dosstan.
    Dirty Business, NW-DBU9MXKXW
  • juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    New Quest I posted yesterday.

Something Wicked
    NW-DCX26GW4B

There's quite alot of things going on in this, lots of dialog, difficult fights, interesting characters, and some puzzles.

This is my first Foundry quest, and I'd be interested to know what you think of it.
  • docbachdocbach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I'd be honored if you'd have a go at my quest, which I've finally completed and am lusting for some feedback on it.

Unholy Matrimony
    @DocBach
    NW-DPYM52476
  • hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just published my first map. I'm not even sure it has made it's way to the public. I would love some honest feedback since I enjoyed making the map more than I did playing the game.

NW-DFPFMOD8O

Dr. Hercs XP farm spa

Welcome to Dr Hercs Spa, where the XP flows freely and an epic item is in the reward chest.

All of our creatures have been sedated and locked in a holding pen. All you need to do is finish them off and reap the rewards.

So come in, kick back, and enjoy a complimentary hot dog while you train effortlessly.

You've earned it.

- Dr. Herc (PhD DPS)
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fate of the Bonnie Kate
    NW-DE6K6H63Q
    @nezroy
    Forum thread here.

Great idea! I should do this with my GWF alt...
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • zaphtasticzaphtastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A great initiative -- it's heartening to see someone doing this. There were some people doing the same thing in COH, and it was awesome for unravelling some hidden gems there too!

I won't submit my quest, since as a Foundry beta tester I have a huge exposure advantage anyway. ;)
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    I just published my first map. I'm not even sure it has made it's way to the public. I would love some honest feedback since I enjoyed making the map more than I did playing the game.

Hi Herc,

Is this strictly a farming map?
  • incendiarywaveincendiarywave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would love if you could give my quest a review, it's roughly 15-20 minutes long and is quite story driven. Thank you! This is much appreciated!
    Of Kobolds and a Woman
    NW-DGXUGRSN6.
    @incendiarywave
    (Edited with the title, unsure how I managed to leave that out..)
    The Storm Family Tale: Of Kobolds and a Woman
    NW-DGXUGRSN6
  • hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    Hi Herc,

Is this strictly a farming map?

I'd appreciate it if you gave it a try without me giving an answer first. :)
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Goblin Uprising
    NW-DMQRRFJYT
    @hflord1
  • crimeapplecrimeapple Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FleshForge:The Death of a Nasher
    NW-DOVTSEIKQ
    @crimeapple

Map features encounters that require certain strategy, traps, NPCs to talk to, and things to read to know more about the backstory.
    Hope you enjoy my map!
    Please try out my quest! I'll be grateful if you leave a review!
    Quest Tread
    "Flesh Forge Prelude: The Death of A Nasher" NW-DOVTSEIKQ
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    I'd appreciate it if you gave it a try without me giving an answer first. :)

The reason I asked was point 3. of my original post. :)

But, I won't say "no".
  • hosierman1hosierman1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    I recently completed my first quest and would love for some more people to try and review my work
    NW-DKCR8S6GH
    @Hos1erman
    Trouble at "The Rock"

Thanks
    Foundry quest NW-DKCR8S6GH
    Trouble at "The Rock" please play and review if you have the time, thanks
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    @lanessar13

I've got a question. Are you gonna put some longer reviews here on forums? Or there will be only quest comment and PM?
    If you will put on forums, could you please comment my quest in its thread?
  • ashenoakashenoak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    forien69 wrote: »
    @lanessar13

I've got a question. Are you gonna put some longer reviews here on forums? Or there will be only quest comment and PM?
    If you will put on forums, could you please comment my quest in its thread?

I'll put the longer reviews on the forums, sure. It's honestly easier that way, but I figured not everyone had made a UGC thread. Quest comments are mandatory, so you'll get a brief summary.
    edited May 2013
  • iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hi, please review my quest:
    Title: Sacred Oath
    by @Iakky
    or @Iaky
    Link to thread, but not much info now.. I will add more soon. Quest is here.

I dont know if it is by name of account or character. I dont know where to find mine. But one of those names it will be.
    The game is fully finishable. Only small technical bug on the bridge but it is not limiting the progress (I dont know where that bug comes from).
    It is my first quest and I am currently working on related quest.Tell me if you find any problems I will fix it. I am not native English speaker but I try with my English. But feel free to report anything.
    I made it to be tricky sometimes for player. Use environment to your advantage sometimes it is disadvantage. It is all possible and finishable. I tested it many times. To me it took usually around 40 minutes.
    I was trying to compose "moral choice there" and play with dialog loops a bit... but Next time I will do much more of moral choices and dialog tricks, riddles and stuff.. Here it was my first work so there is not so much of it. I am still in learning process...
    Anybody feel free to review.
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bones and Brimstone
    @Leinahtanwc
    NW-DF45C6ZUG
    Version 0.8.5
    Group Oriented Combat (recommend lvl 30+ for solo attempt, friend managed to solo an older version as a CW, died twice if I recall)

I'll be editing it further with more detail and tweaks in the coming week(s). Open for early reviews now - expand upon detail/tweaks.